2010 Ford Focus Consumer Review: Black Beauty

2010 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

SE Coupe (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Black Beauty
By Seth on

2010 Ford Focus SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this as my first NEW car. I have owned Honda's before which were by far my favorite car. I was actually looking at buying a 2009 Honda Civic DX Coupe (No options, year end leftover) for $13,499. The civic didn't even have a cd player or air conditioning. All it had was a heater. I bought my Focus pretty much loaded. I bought mine with A/C, 5 speed, CD player, Power windows and locks, Remote keyless entry, Rims, Spoiler, Sirius Satellite Radio free for 6 months for the same price as the civic. Car looks very sharp. I've only had it for several weeks but average about 32 mpg mixed city and highway. I race the car quite a bit to and I still get over 28 mpg when the car is redlined!

I absolutely love the styling of the car. I was never a huge fan of the chrome Ford grills but I bought my car completely blacked out. The headlights, taillights, grill, everything. My car looks amazing. I love the gauges! This car is also pretty fast for being a entry level car!

The only thing I've never liked about the Focus was the fact that the rear of the car sits significantly higher that the front. When you sit in the car you don't fall into the seat, which I like. I understand that its more ergonomic but the way the suspensions set up it feels a little top heavy.