2010 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Ford has a sleeper hit...
By James Rockett on 01/10/10 09:47 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I recently bought a 2010 Ford Focus SEL after looking at comparable models of Honda, Hyundai and Nissan. It handles great, has more power than people think and has all of the little "small things" that make it worthwhile. I'm 6'3" and this thing fits me better than my old Escape did... and the gas mileage so far is excellent.

all aroud nice car with a small price
By George on 01/09/10 10:24 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The SEL has a nice standard package. It handles well and is great in turns. Not to much wind noise and I like the temperature and direction settings on the info screen. Unlike my 08 focus se, there is a light in the back seat so your passengers can see as well as head rests.

Great Auto Built in America
By Rick B. on 01/05/10 11:14 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Ford is starting to dominate the US auto market with the Focus, Taurus, & Fusion. The Focus has great acceleration for a 2.0 liter engine because of the over head cam design. It has good lines on the exterior, but I especially love the easy access controls in the interior, with a easy to read info screen on the dash.

Our 2010 Focus SES sedan
By Ford Happy on 01/03/10 12:07 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased the SES to replace my Subaru and try an economy car from a USA maker. What a pleasant surprise. The car is well built and handles great. Moon and Tune package a fun value to own. Sync and sound system is superior to others. Mileage is on par with others. Could be better with a higher range fifth gear. On a 500 mile road trip, never once had to down shift on highway due to hills or other. Engine is very strong. Got 33 mpg. Traction control good in snow, nice safety feature as are side air curtains. Moon roof is fun as is shifter. Rear leg room limited if front seats all the way back but adequate for short trips. SES package was worth the extra. Great pricing.

A Joy to put the Pedal to the Metal....
By dzweifel on 12/26/09 14:23 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Our lease was up on the 2006 Honda Odyssey so we decided upon this great little car i.e., the engine is a copy of the Mazda 2-liter 16 valve engine. With a K&N performance air filter she gets up on her hind legs and moves quite spritely. We drive 18,000 miles/year so you've got to have something fun to drive and with the euro-suspension package she's a real treat to put her through the paces. We've just added pure nitrogen to the tires at the dealer and this has enabled her to be even more fun to drive as the sidewalls don't flex as much. We drive with the sunroof open here in Orange County year-round and love it. Do plan on supercharging her in the near future though....

2010 Ford Focus SE 4dr
By Dave on 12/17/09 21:38 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have no idea what people are talking about when they say that this car has no power. I am 6ft 300 pounds and this car fits me better than the ford fusion. Ok this car is not a speed demon but this little car is what I would have to say is zippy. I am at 40mph in no time. The car is fun to drive and so far I am having a blast with it. Go and test one out and you may see what I have stated. The gas mileage is perfect 35MPG on split city and highway driving can't ask more than that.

Great gas mileage
By Mark Berkowitz on 12/02/09 01:40 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I needed an affordable car and the Focus met that requirement. I'm disappointed that the model that I bought does not have electric windows, cruise control, or electric side view mirror controls but that's my fault for not checking it out thoroughly. I'm also confused about the lack of an ash tray and lack of a lighter--I'm not advocating smoking but it would be nice to have an ashtray and lighter when I am driving alone.

A beautiful shift
By c on 11/18/09 05:49 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Maybe a bit early to write a review, but after having driven a Mazda Miata, manual, for years, it was difficult to find a standard shift that would come close. Coming 'home' to Ford is definitely a pleasure, as the shift is just perfect..what a fun car to drive. Everything fits right - like it was made for me. Thanks for a winner of a car.

The most bang for the buck
By #1 Fan on 11/09/09 19:34 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is our 3rd Focus. We bought 2 2002 Focuses and both are still on the road with 200,000+ miles each. Husband is still driving his and I passed mine on to our son and bought the 2010 and I love it. I researched and drove tons of cars and this was by far the best. The Synch is great, the shifting has improved over the 2002 model and it is just a fun car to drive. Drove 600 miles in one day to pick daughter up from college and mileage was over 40 mpg. Only minor problem is lights are dim and set too low. I've been driving with the brights on at night and no one flashes me. If this car gives us the same quality of the 2002 model, we will be thrilled.

Good Stuff
By CupOJoe on 11/04/09 20:34 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it a few weeks ago. I am happy with it. There are a few things missing that I didn't think about when buying. The inside top of trunk is exposed (the inside, not the door). Most cars that I have driven have a foot rest for your left foot in an automatic. When the driver's door is open and the key is in the ignition, and you lock the doors using the automatic locks, they all lock then unlock shortly after (rather than just ignoring it).

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Focus in VA is:

$132 per month*