2010 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Focus Fun
By Skip on 02/14/10 18:14 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my focus ses 3 months ago replacing my 2001 focus. What a difference ford has made over the years. Rides well and has many good perks like heated seats, well used in PA. Handing is quite a bit better than I expected. gas mileage averages at 33 mpg's. That is driving up and down hills. Awesome ride!

focus on the road ahead
By ben on 02/04/10 21:40 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Focus. I traded in my 07 mustang for it. Although it doesn't have all the horses the mustang had, I agree with the people saying it is fast. Acceleration is not bad at all for a 4 cyl car. Some people doesn't like the exterior design at all but I beg to differ. Smooth ride and handles very well. Love the interior and features too, and above everything safety and gas mileage. I too have no regrets.

Pretty Cool
By LS on 01/20/10 10:09 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I rented a brand new SES in Denver for a ski trip with my wife and 2 young kids. I must admit that I wasn't exited about a focus, but after a few miles, I found it to be a nice little package. The sync system was strong with the sirius radio, and the kids really loved the multi color mood light toggle. I was impressed with the feel of the suspension over pot holes (plenty in CO), but mostly the 33 mpg mixed after going up to Winter Park and back (with 4 days short trips in the mountains). Held 1 very large and 2 carry-on size bags. I generally only look at Japanese cars, but if Fords higher offerings are this solid - I may give a look.

Wow!!! So much more than expected!
By Jennifer on 01/19/10 11:34 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When I walked into the dealership I was set on purchasing the Fusion. The fusion was a little over my budget so I test drove the Focus SEL and was SHOCKED! I've always had a stigma about the Focus thinking that it was tiny car with nothing to offer, but I was soooo wrong! It's a quiet ride that has everything in but power seats. The SEL has unbelievable standard equipement such as leather, SYNC, heated seats, 16" alloy wheels.

GOOD JOB FORD!
By kaokoys on 01/19/10 03:26 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Focus SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Growing up with only Japanese makes, this Ford is an outstanding competitor. currently getting a combined average of 33 mpg!!! (65mph break-in period) car handles great! seat a bit uncomfortable but a small pillow fixed that. people complain about the engine noise but i don't really hear it. i used to be a carsalesman so i have to mention that of course everyone says japanese cars are the best and only choice but I say save your money and invest it in a ford. they're ranked #2 only behind toyota putting honda in 3rd. look it up. save your $ and get quality. I also considered Hyundai & Mazda but am truly happy with my decision. *plenty of shops to work on ford all over

So Happy.............UCF MOM !!!
By UCF MOM on 01/15/10 15:35 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I brought this car for my daughter, I wanted a safe and smart looking car for her. Wow, I am so impressed with the interior, very roomy. The gas mileage is great. I was really happy to finally see that this car does not welcome smokers. There are two 12V outlets. Perfect, for cell phone and IPOD. And 6 months Sirius for free is so, so nice!! But, let me say.... Ford has built a car that is safe, this car does'nt move like a 4 cylinder. This car really has speed. You can feel it on the highway. It has the smoothness of a bigger engine. For Parents looking for a car for a "deserving College Student", give Ford Focus a try. As a mother.....I just want to say... Thank You Ford. Luv it!!

Ford has a sleeper hit...
By James Rockett on 01/10/10 09:47 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I recently bought a 2010 Ford Focus SEL after looking at comparable models of Honda, Hyundai and Nissan. It handles great, has more power than people think and has all of the little "small things" that make it worthwhile. I'm 6'3" and this thing fits me better than my old Escape did... and the gas mileage so far is excellent.

all aroud nice car with a small price
By George on 01/09/10 10:24 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The SEL has a nice standard package. It handles well and is great in turns. Not to much wind noise and I like the temperature and direction settings on the info screen. Unlike my 08 focus se, there is a light in the back seat so your passengers can see as well as head rests.

Great Auto Built in America
By Rick B. on 01/05/10 11:14 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Ford is starting to dominate the US auto market with the Focus, Taurus, & Fusion. The Focus has great acceleration for a 2.0 liter engine because of the over head cam design. It has good lines on the exterior, but I especially love the easy access controls in the interior, with a easy to read info screen on the dash.

Our 2010 Focus SES sedan
By Ford Happy on 01/03/10 12:07 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased the SES to replace my Subaru and try an economy car from a USA maker. What a pleasant surprise. The car is well built and handles great. Moon and Tune package a fun value to own. Sync and sound system is superior to others. Mileage is on par with others. Could be better with a higher range fifth gear. On a 500 mile road trip, never once had to down shift on highway due to hills or other. Engine is very strong. Got 33 mpg. Traction control good in snow, nice safety feature as are side air curtains. Moon roof is fun as is shifter. Rear leg room limited if front seats all the way back but adequate for short trips. SES package was worth the extra. Great pricing.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Focus in NJ is:

$226 per month*