2010 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews 7

2010 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Great First Car
By N/A on 03/22/10 14:55 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car as my first car and I am very excited. Was going to go with the Hyundai Elantra but went with the Focus b/c it's American. Love the mpg, the sync, the speed, and how smooth it is. When I test drove the car I thought the seat was back all the way and so I assumed I couldn't fit b/c my knees were in the dash. but when I drove for a second time I tried moving the seat again and it worked better. The trunk is big and I love the stereo system with the sub. Overall I think this car is great for every day commuting to and from school and work and I am planning on keeping the car for while. I would def. suggest it to someone else. I would have to agree that the seat belt is low.

ford power
By forderama on 03/08/10 08:14 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I find that driving this car how nice it rides and handles. Gas mileage is great 27 in town and 34 on the highway. I'm very glad I bought this car.

Black Beauty
By Seth on 03/06/10 03:29 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Focus SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this as my first NEW car. I have owned Honda's before which were by far my favorite car. I was actually looking at buying a 2009 Honda Civic DX Coupe (No options, year end leftover) for $13,499. The civic didn't even have a cd player or air conditioning. All it had was a heater. I bought my Focus pretty much loaded. I bought mine with A/C, 5 speed, CD player, Power windows and locks, Remote keyless entry, Rims, Spoiler, Sirius Satellite Radio free for 6 months for the same price as the civic. Car looks very sharp. I've only had it for several weeks but average about 32 mpg mixed city and highway. I race the car quite a bit to and I still get over 28 mpg when the car is redlined!

Well Done Ford
By Mick on 02/25/10 21:57 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Focus SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We just bought the Focus SE, added all weather floor mats (WI winters!) and fog lights. Great car, the dark grey w.black interior is very attractive. Comfy seats, yet firm for longer drives. Even the standard audio package w/Sirius is very nice! My only beef with the car is that the seatbelt latch is very low and towards the back, takes a bit of getting used to! But this is a very solid car, I would recommend it to anyone considering a Honda Civic or Fit! The suspension in the Focus is better! Fit is more $$ and doesn't even have independent rear suspension! Focus is also roomier than either Honda, especially headroom! Great job Ford!

Focus Fun
By Skip on 02/14/10 18:14 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my focus ses 3 months ago replacing my 2001 focus. What a difference ford has made over the years. Rides well and has many good perks like heated seats, well used in PA. Handing is quite a bit better than I expected. gas mileage averages at 33 mpg's. That is driving up and down hills. Awesome ride!

focus on the road ahead
By ben on 02/04/10 21:40 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Focus. I traded in my 07 mustang for it. Although it doesn't have all the horses the mustang had, I agree with the people saying it is fast. Acceleration is not bad at all for a 4 cyl car. Some people doesn't like the exterior design at all but I beg to differ. Smooth ride and handles very well. Love the interior and features too, and above everything safety and gas mileage. I too have no regrets.

Pretty Cool
By LS on 01/20/10 10:09 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I rented a brand new SES in Denver for a ski trip with my wife and 2 young kids. I must admit that I wasn't exited about a focus, but after a few miles, I found it to be a nice little package. The sync system was strong with the sirius radio, and the kids really loved the multi color mood light toggle. I was impressed with the feel of the suspension over pot holes (plenty in CO), but mostly the 33 mpg mixed after going up to Winter Park and back (with 4 days short trips in the mountains). Held 1 very large and 2 carry-on size bags. I generally only look at Japanese cars, but if Fords higher offerings are this solid - I may give a look.

Wow!!! So much more than expected!
By Jennifer on 01/19/10 11:34 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When I walked into the dealership I was set on purchasing the Fusion. The fusion was a little over my budget so I test drove the Focus SEL and was SHOCKED! I've always had a stigma about the Focus thinking that it was tiny car with nothing to offer, but I was soooo wrong! It's a quiet ride that has everything in but power seats. The SEL has unbelievable standard equipement such as leather, SYNC, heated seats, 16" alloy wheels.

GOOD JOB FORD!
By kaokoys on 01/19/10 03:26 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Focus SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Growing up with only Japanese makes, this Ford is an outstanding competitor. currently getting a combined average of 33 mpg!!! (65mph break-in period) car handles great! seat a bit uncomfortable but a small pillow fixed that. people complain about the engine noise but i don't really hear it. i used to be a carsalesman so i have to mention that of course everyone says japanese cars are the best and only choice but I say save your money and invest it in a ford. they're ranked #2 only behind toyota putting honda in 3rd. look it up. save your $ and get quality. I also considered Hyundai & Mazda but am truly happy with my decision. *plenty of shops to work on ford all over

So Happy.............UCF MOM !!!
By UCF MOM on 01/15/10 15:35 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I brought this car for my daughter, I wanted a safe and smart looking car for her. Wow, I am so impressed with the interior, very roomy. The gas mileage is great. I was really happy to finally see that this car does not welcome smokers. There are two 12V outlets. Perfect, for cell phone and IPOD. And 6 months Sirius for free is so, so nice!! But, let me say.... Ford has built a car that is safe, this car does'nt move like a 4 cylinder. This car really has speed. You can feel it on the highway. It has the smoothness of a bigger engine. For Parents looking for a car for a "deserving College Student", give Ford Focus a try. As a mother.....I just want to say... Thank You Ford. Luv it!!