Used 2010 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Saving gas (and the planet?)
By ridgerider

2010 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After spending several weekends in rental Foci, I decided to "downsize" to a 2010 Focus. Nine months and 9,000 trouble free miles later, I'm happy I did. The Focus is much quieter and smoother riding in its third generation, much like a mid-size car, only more nimble and easier on gas. Fuel economy was a major consideration in my purchase. Driven sensibly, the Focus gets about 20% better gas mileage than the EPA sticker. I've been lucky in all my other vehicles to even match the EPA figures, let alone routinely beat them, so I am quite pleased. The trunk isn't massive but it is big enough, and the folding seat backs create a space big enough for my road bike.

Sync, although glitchy at times, is a nice feature. It's nice to see the titles of my iPod songs displayed in the dash, and I never have to scramble to fish out my phone when it rings. AdvanceTrac stability control is standard. I don't think I've ever triggered it, but it's nice to know it's there

More soft touch surfaces and less glossy plastic, please. The Focus has plenty of leg room for my 6 ft. frame, but it feels a touch narrow. The next generation will have a five- door hatch. I would have purchased that model or a wagon had they been available.

Ford's got a winner
By robert gatrell

2010 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great little car. I drove the Mazda3 and Civic; this little car is right there with them if not better. You get a great car for the money. I am very impressed. Acceleration on the interstate is great and the handling is nimble but firm. Hard to imagine I'm not in an expensive sports car. SES has a great curbside appeal. Ford was definitely listening to consumers when they built this car. 33 mpg all around mileage is another plus.

17" wheels w/low profile tires,sound system, both 60/40 back seats fold down, Ambient lighting and the performance suspension.

Brake pedal to close to accelerator, no compartments in the trunk, high back end difficult backing, telescoping wheel, no intermediate tray in console, needs 4 wheel disk brakes and a 5 speed auto. transmission.

Awesome!
By MaiTai

2010 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2010 Focus after my Jetta died, haven't missed the Germans since. Ford has managed to pack a whole bunch of gear into a nicely priced package. I was originally wary, seemed way too small to me, and then I sat in and drove it! Sync goes way at the top of my list of favorite features, as well as the heated seats and other luxury amenities. I have the automatic which shifts smoothly and is still fun to drive. quality is great and everything feels solid. I would buy another Focus again in a heartbeat.

Sync system and voice commands. Not having to take my iPhone out of pocket to listen to music is great.

folding mirrors and a manual mode for the automatic.

Approval
By Boyer

2010 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Like the vehicle very much. two complaints: the speedometer is hidden by the steering wheel and the accelerator and brake pedals are too close together.

Other than the above the car is a pleasure to drive and to fill with gasoline.

Just the above.

2010 Ford Focus
By Robert

2010 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have been driving my new focus for 2 weeks now. I have always driven trucks and jeeps in the past, but because of a new job location. I have to drive 80 miles a day. I needed a reliable vehicle with good mileage. I am get 36 mpg on my commute to work and back. I quite satisfied with this car, that coming from a jeep and truck person is saying this is a great car.

The quality of the ride and the price.