2010 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Quality Finally Is Job One
By David Hess on 05/04/10 19:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The last time I owned a Ford was 15 years ago. The quality was so bad, I swore that I would never buy another one. Have things ever changed! I have driven this car for 3500 miles and have not had even the slightest problem. It is well built and comfortable. Acceleration is fine with the 5 speed. I have averaged 31 mpg in mostly city driving. My best tank (mostly highway driving) was 38 mpg. This car exudes quality!

Good, with 2 problems
By Jack on 05/04/10 10:03 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a new BASIC 2010 Focus s, 2.0 L engine, auto transmission, in feb. 2010. After 3 months and 2500 miles can say the car is pretty good, with 2 exceptions: 1. The gas pedal is positioned in a terrible way. On a long trip the right foot gets contorted in such unnatural way to make driving a very painful process (the car does not have Cruise control). Ended up driving the car by hand with a wooden stick for the rest of the trip. 2. The car has a slight left-right weave as it travels at 60 mph down the highway. This is annoying as this weave has to be corrected all the time. The car simply does not track straight, with all tires at equal and recommended pressure.

The Focus is a TEN! Total Winner!
By ALD on 04/26/10 19:55 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I replaced my top of the line, fully loaded Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6--- with a new 2010 Ford focus SEL. This Focus is excellent on every lever, and cost $10,000 less than a Toyota Camry. It drives smooth, and quiet and refined. There is lots of power for any drive from the city to high speed freeways. Mileage in 10 mpg higher than the Toyota it replaced. I would never have believed it unless I seen it with my own eyes! What a hot little car. It supplies power, room, luxury, and gas mileage too. Way to go Ford! You keep making them like this, and the Toyota dealers will never see me again! This is one nice car, and very good looking inside and out! The body shape is perfect!

Lemon
By al9554 on 04/20/10 15:53 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this American car and sorry I did. At 5005 miles the car stalls out at 35 mph and the dealer claims I reset the mykey as they say that is what the diagnostics told them. 2 wks. later at 5535 it does the same thing in the middle of rush hour traffic.This time they tell me some type of module is not working right and couldn't get the right reading. Towed both times, charged for the 1st one with no admission they were wrong or refund of my money. Last Ford I will ever buy. Can't trust the car anymore as soon as I get it back I'm dumping it and buying foreign. See if someone from Fords reads this and responds. Very disappointed. Cheap interior.

Nice Little Car
By aprlem1 on 04/14/10 17:19 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After 25 years of driving used cars I finally decided to purchase a brand new vehicle. After 6 months of research, I decided to go with the Ford Focus SE and I have no regrets. Features such as abs, stability and traction control come standard unlike many other cars in it's class. The build quality is excellent for a car in this price range and the handling is great. Gas mileage is also great. At my age I am less concerned about being a speed demon or impressing others than I am about reliability and being able to live within my means. This car suits both those purposes just fine.

Impressed
By Robert on 04/14/10 16:19 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a Ford Focus in 2002 and wasn't that fond of the car. Since then I had all types of performance cars - Nissan 350z, Mustang GT and Charger R/T. I recently traded in the Charger for the Focus SES 4-door and am pleasantly surprised with the engineering. Ford has come a long way with their quality and "WOW factor." We looked at several Japaneses and Korean compacts for fuel efficiency and none compare

Ford proves why they are rebounding...
By viper63077 on 04/08/10 14:11 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I can't believe how fast this takes off for an entry level car. The interior gauges are user friendly and you don't even hardly have to take your eye off the road. The scree for Sync is in the center and slightly elevated, right about where you would look in the middle of your windshield. The Focus handles the road smoothly and has plenty of power for passing, and even joy-riding on meandering, desolate roads. The ambient lighting is cool but kind of extraneous. I added bigger Cooper CS4 tires to mine, a complete stereo system, a backup camera, chrome rims, a blue tint, and black stripes to mine. It's pimped but I'm not done yet.

Great Car
By Frank on 04/03/10 12:32 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We love our Ford Focus! We owned a 2000 Ford Focus that just recently began to give us starting problems. Decided on new Ford Focus due to MPG and price (Cheap with Z-plan & rebates!)

Great First Car
By N/A on 03/22/10 14:55 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car as my first car and I am very excited. Was going to go with the Hyundai Elantra but went with the Focus b/c it's American. Love the mpg, the sync, the speed, and how smooth it is. When I test drove the car I thought the seat was back all the way and so I assumed I couldn't fit b/c my knees were in the dash. but when I drove for a second time I tried moving the seat again and it worked better. The trunk is big and I love the stereo system with the sub. Overall I think this car is great for every day commuting to and from school and work and I am planning on keeping the car for while. I would def. suggest it to someone else. I would have to agree that the seat belt is low.

ford power
By forderama on 03/08/10 08:14 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I find that driving this car how nice it rides and handles. Gas mileage is great 27 in town and 34 on the highway. I'm very glad I bought this car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Focus in VA is:

$133 per month*