Used 2010 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Focus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Paint Falls Off
By fordbuster

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

See comments in here. Great car mechanically. very good winter traction with traction control. Very happy mechanically but one big problem. Paint under rear doors, and in door frames ( rear ), some in wheel well, also bumpers- all have lifted or peeled. Asked dealer about it at under 60k- said could not do anything unless there were holes. Manual said otherwise as I found out later. It could have been fixed. Neither the dealer in Collingwood, Ontario or Ford would help. Just the usual comments- you know. Too bad, otherwise a great car. Maybe the Chineese can figure out how to make paint stick in Canadian Winters on my next purchase. Wake up Ford! Currently, you are 1st in sales Canada????

Favorite Features

MPG, winter traction, ride, handling, interior quality, exterior design, reliability, heated mirrors and seats, traction control, sprty handling

Suggested Improvements

paint application

Lemon!...Electrical Troubles...
By frustrated84

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the 1st car I've purchased and believe me,I will never buy another Ford.The car was great for the first year,then started having electrical troubles.This only happened on cold mornings and would go away after a minute or up to 15 minutes but the radio wouldn't work,the signal light indicators in the car didn't work,no backlighting came on,the doors didn't lock automatically,the tire pressure monitor light came on,and the e-brake light stayed on after being disengaged.The dealership has been unable to diagnose or fix the problem.Already had a new instrument cluster,radio,and smart junction box installed...rental car for 45 days. In the process of getting Ford to buy the car back.

Suggested Improvements

The car was good but the company is lousy in customer service. They don't even listen to what the dealership is telling them.

Great little car
By nrudolph

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So I've had my (2011) Focus SES 2.0L/4A since August 20th, and I currently have 7,998 miles on it. My commute is almost all highway, between 60-80 miles a day. I've average 28mpg overall (cruise at 75 on highway)which is about what I expect when you have 4 merges each way, and MPG drops with speed anyway. In 8k miles of driving it hasn't been back to the dealership once. Feels solid driving down the road. Interior is quiet, but not silent, as there is a little bit of road noise, but nothing bad. I have the basic stereo, albeit with sync. Stock speakers aren't bad considering the class of car. Engine has adequate power, transmission does not hunt for gears and shifts smoothly.

Favorite Features

Pretty comfortable seats, adequate acceleration from the little Mazda/Ford 2.0L DOHC. Sync is a plus, and the interior, while not on the level of Mercedes Benz/Lexus/BMW, isn't as bad as it is made out to be. It feels solid, with zero rattles/squeaks.

Suggested Improvements

All of my grips are fixed in the redesigned 2012 model, but here they are anyway. Tires. While the OE Kumho Solus KH16 tires are by no means bad- they have good ride, good dry traction, average wet traction and surprisingly good in the snow, they are the worst tramlining tire I've ever seen. They follow imperfections in interstate roads. Also, I prefer a 4 spoke steering wheel (focus is 3) but that is a personal gripe. 6 Speed automatic, but again, fixed. With the 4 speed though, a more aggressive torque converter lockup algorithm would be nice. Not quite as eager to lockup for Fuel economy as my grandfathers Escape V6.

Great car so far!
By leah421

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my 2010 Ford Focus for about 4 months now, and have put about 4,000 miles on it. So far, I have had absolutely NO problems. I get compliments on this car, and feel safe and stable in it while driving. I can fill up with $30.00!

Favorite Features

Pros: Visibility ( I don't find myself craning my neck in strange positions to merge or pass) Easy to operate radio/cd/ac controls Sync system is nice to have, although I don't use it much. Sirius Radio Mileage (has never gone below 32mpg, even with city driving) Spacious trunk Hardly feel like you're going 75 on the highway... driving feels effortless Blue dash lights are pretty at night. Easy to steer and park. Good speakers, easy to adjust speaker settings.

Suggested Improvements

Cons: Color of cloth seats.. mine are a tan/beige color. I feel like you end up seeing every little bit of dirt. Headrests tilt my head too far forward. Don't LOVE the design of the front end.. feel that it looks too much like the past Focus models, and I don't like the look of those. Speedometer can sometimes be hard to read late in the evening when the sun is glaring. Don't like how once you go below a certain gas level, you are no longer able to perform the system check. You are stuck with the MPG screen telling you how many miles you have till empty. Took me a while to figure out how to use the windshield cleaner!! The way you have to do it feels awkward while driving.

Holds no value
By JAYBOY8801

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Hi Focus owners, I bought this 2010 focus in April i down sized from a trailblazer to a car to save money on fuel. I like the car and knew i was going to lose a lot by dropping to a econo car but i did not know after paying 22,grand for a equipped focus in 8 months time it would only hold a Value just at 9 grand the whole better resale value that Toyota is truly crap. if you buy a focus you better plan to keep it until it dies

Suggested Improvements

build a car that keeps its value