2010 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Great Car, Except for?
By Dwight-Moose Jaw. on 07/08/10 09:44 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I find my 2010 Ford Fucus to be a ver good little car, except fot the Gas Millage. I had a 2006 Chev Optra Wagon, 4 cylinder automatic, & @ about 7->70 miles per hour on the highway got a consistent 38>42 miles per gallon. With my 2010 Ford Focus I only, @ the same speed get @ the most around 34>36 miles per gallon. My mileage in the city is better with the Focus, but still not even close what Ford Motor Company says it should be getting. I was told, & according to what Ford says that I would get 35 miles per gallon in the city & 44>48 on the highway. All in all, it is a real solid little car, & really like it except for the gas millage I am getting.

Almost a Lemon
By LastFord on 07/07/10 16:22 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased a new 2010 Ford focus SEL sedan. Liked the exterior styling. Interior design pretty cool except for impractical cup holder location. Drove the car 13K miles when the "Wrench" light came on and lost power control to accelerator. This happened 3 times with Ford not able to do anything because "Engine" had not come on and no DTC codes where there to read. Set out on vacation only to have it happen again, this time Eng light did come on. Took to dealer. They said they knew all along it was the Throttle Position Sensor but could not do anything until code verified this. Also found out that the parts have been on back order for several weeks. Ford still has not issued a service bulletin?

Our Third Family Focus
By dlmckm on 07/07/10 07:20 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is our third focus, 1st one has 80,000 miles, 2nd one 45,000 miles, and this one 12,000, none have ever been returned for any repairs. forget the 34 mpg on the sticker, I'm averaging 39 - 41 and its an automatic. Great cars for the money very reliable.

Excellent!
By Great Car on 07/01/10 22:00 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is built well, rides quietly and is as at home on the freeway at 75 mph, as it is driving in the city doing 15 mph. It is entirely possible to get 40 mpg on a flat highway, and usually 30 mpg in town or more. The seats are comfortable and firm. The engine is quiet and has plenty of power for all kinds of driving. It drives as smoothly as any car twice its size, yet it is fun to drive, and easy to handle. Ford did a wonderful job on the electric steering -- it feels just like rack and pinion pump steering. This car is a sleeper. Few people realize just how good this car drives, or they would be standing in line at the Ford dealers to get one.

A reason to buy American
By Daddio on 07/01/10 09:49 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Traded in a Corolla for the Ford Focus and haven't missed the Toyota at all. The quality and finish of the Focus is excellent. Heated leather seats, ABS, moonroof, stereo system and most of all the Sync package which allows USB media to be used blows the competition away. The manual transmission is smooth shifting and fun to drive. With rebates and incentives way below the price of comparable imports. Not worried about quality as this is a well designed and solid vehicle.

luvthiscar!
By wrdrn on 06/28/10 06:36 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just purchased on 6/23, and first tank of gas got 27.15 mpg. With an almost 130 mile round trip 2-3 times a week, I am saving the payment just in gas, when compared to my '04 Ranger or my wife's 2002 Accord. Wind and road noise is at a minimum, especially for a base-model car. Steering is tight and handles curves well. 5 spd takes a little getting used to, esp when the short throw is compared to aforementioned Ranger. Very well-equipped for a base car; stereo can be deafening! MPG reads higher by about 2 mpg on computer than calculated @ fill-up; this is not problematic to me, as the difference is likely due to the real-time calculation of the on-board computer. All around great car!

I'm Impressed.
By Island Hopper on 06/17/10 23:22 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We needed a 3rd car for business & it had to be under 15' long. Test drove at least 11 cars, foreign & domestic. The Focus was by far the best & most car for the bucks. A $2,500 rebate didn't hurt either. My other cars are a Challenger SRT & a Chrysler 300C, so I wasn't expecting too much from this little Focus. But I gotta tell ya; I'm impressed. This car is really solid, giving you a feeling of driving a much more substantial car & it handles surprisingly well. It's used mostly in town & is getting an all around 26 mpg. I'm sure it would do 35 mpg at a steady highway speed. The engine handles the load, but a 6 speed auto would greatly improve it's performance.

focus ses
By hank on 06/14/10 20:02 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We just bought a 2010 Focus SES. Mileage is over 40 mpg on a flat highway, about 36 on hilly highways, about 28 - 30 around town. We like the style especially the moon roof and spoiler. It is more comfortable to drive than the Cobalt and has more back leg room. Trunk space is more than we need. It was delivered in excellent condition. The warranty will cover it for as long as we own it. GM talks about a 100K mile warranty but that is only good if you drive 20K miles/year, which we won't. We are more than satisfied with our new Focus.

Not My First Choice
By BlueFlame2010 on 06/10/10 09:24 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 2002 Focus ZX3 was dying, so I went shopping for a new coupe. The Kia Forte Koup was on top of my list. Great price/quality, but the seat bottoms were too short for my 6'7" height. Walked next door to try a Honda Civic Coupe, found exactly the same problem with the seat cushions. Nearby Ford dealer convinced me to buy my Focus after a short test drive. I am still amazed at how quiet this car is, compared to my Focus ZX3. Handling is nearly the same, although car seems taller.

Interior doesn't make up for bad drive
By Relyat08 on 06/06/10 07:21 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Straight off the lot I realized I had made a mistake. I had hoped Ford could pull off a good car, just this once, but instead I drove off in a lemon. Ever since the purchase I have gotten awful gas mileage, slow and sluggish acceleration, poor handling and all in all a horrible drive. I am sure that a properly made Focus would be fine but mine is constantly having problems. Most recently my sync just stopped working randomly in the middle of a song and switched to AM radio. I never touched a thing. I cringe at the gas station when I get 20 MPG! While driving conservatively. If I was flooring it everywhere I would understand, but I am barely keeping up with traffic and this is what I get.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Focus in WA is:

$166 per month*