Used 2010 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 84 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Love this car!
By dizzylizard444

I love this car!
I bought it brand new almost 3 years ago.
The only trouble I have found with it is that if you get into the car with snowy boots on (live in Buffalo) and the mats get wet and you turn on the heater, sometimes it fogs up the windows.
Did it once when I was on the highway!
Very scary!
I took it to Ford and they told me they had had similar complaints and it has to do with the angle of the heaters.

Other than that I love this car.
*knock on wood* haven't had a problem with it.

GREAT gas mileage! When I was doing all highway driving I got 34 mpg. Now that I do all city driving, I still get 28 mpg. I fill up about every 2.5 weeks or so. It's very fun to drive. I get compliments on how cute it is. I learned how to drive stick in this car and it was pretty easy to learn.

Wish it had a little more power, but other than that, no complaints!

Not sure.....
By chararoberson

2010 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new in Jan 2010.
In Feb 2011 the throttle needed to be replaced.
I was not able to go over 50 mph until it was replaced.
It went out on me at night on a freeway when I was diving at highspeeds...very scary.
In Aug (6mos later) the driver side window would not go up.
A switch needed to be replaced.
Have to wat one weeke for the part to ome in.
Very disappointed and concerned about these occurences.
I should't have to deal w/mechanical breakdowns on a car less than 2 yrs old.
Thinking if I should trade it in for a Subaru.

SYNC Bluetooth audio heated seats

more room in back seats for passengers taller than 5'4"

Great car
By nrudolph

2010 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

9 months, 26,000 miles later.
I replaced the OE Kumho tires with some Continental Extremecontact DWS, and that further improved the already good ride, gave it better grip in the corners, and a quieter ride as well.

I've had zero problems since I've owned it, and it's fun to drive, with the A/C off it has plenty of power, and the transmission is responsive and the gears are well spaced for a 4-speed unit.
It has tons of grip, and very little body lean in the corners, it just grips and grips.

However, with the A/C on, and passengers in the car, the little 2.0 get's a little overwhelmed when getting up to speed. At WOT, the A/C shuts off anyway, so no big deal.

Very comfortable highway ride, smooth and composed. Quiet (with better tires), gets good gas mileaged. Drove 2,000 miles last month, averaged 36mpg at 75mph and A/C on. Handles great for a "economy" car. Back seat has plenty of legroom as long as you move the seats up just a little bit. Headroom is a bit tight for taller passengers, but not terrible by any means. Trunk is MASSIVE.

Any suggestions I'd have are rendered moot because of the redesign for 2012.

Surprisingly Great Little Car!
By red84

2010 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car a year and a half ago as a company vehicle. I chose it over the Corolla because of all the problems Toyota was having at the time with the accelerator issues, and I wanted to buy an American made car. It had 327mi on it when I got it. Well, 1.5 yrs, 37,000 miles later, no problems whatsoever. I had never owned a Ford before and am pleasantly surprised with the quality.
I drive on average 120mi a day for work, sometimes more, sometimes less. During the winter I was getting upwards of 38mpg!
The only complaint I have is that I hit a big pothole and now the front end squeaks on turns.
I would recommend this car to anyone.
I would buy a Ford again.

Cruise control, 2 trip meters, satellite radio built in, 2 power outlets

The front seat is a little uncomfortable and I can't get it set exactly right. When the gas/brake pedals are set correctly, the steering wheel is to far away. Also not a fan of the electronic accelerator, just not responsive like the good ole cable pulley system.

I might buy another Ford....
By tait1977

2010 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Have had my 2010 Ford Focus for 5 months.
the car set for a week and wouldn't start. charged batt and started. 4 days later sitting died again. took it to Ford and they found nothing. dont trust car to sit now for an extended period of time.

Never had a NEW car before. Nice price and the car really is nice. SYNC and everything is nice.

Know how to fix the car you manufacture, FORD! There are issues with this car that are only going to hurt you.