Used 2010 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Not sure.....
By chararoberson

2010 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new in Jan 2010. In Feb 2011 the throttle needed to be replaced. I was not able to go over 50 mph until it was replaced. It went out on me at night on a freeway when I was diving at highspeeds...very scary. In Aug (6mos later) the driver side window would not go up. A switch needed to be replaced. Have to wat one weeke for the part to ome in. Very disappointed and concerned about these occurences. I should't have to deal w/mechanical breakdowns on a car less than 2 yrs old. Thinking if I should trade it in for a Subaru.

Favorite Features

SYNC Bluetooth audio heated seats

Suggested Improvements

more room in back seats for passengers taller than 5'4"

Great car
By nrudolph

2010 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Follow up review. 9 months, 26,000 miles later. I replaced the OE Kumho tires with some Continental Extremecontact DWS, and that further improved the already good ride, gave it better grip in the corners, and a quieter ride as well. I've had zero problems since I've owned it, and it's fun to drive, with the A/C off it has plenty of power, and the transmission is responsive and the gears are well spaced for a 4-speed unit. It has tons of grip, and very little body lean in the corners, it just grips and grips. However, with the A/C on, and passengers in the car, the little 2.0 get's a little overwhelmed when getting up to speed. At WOT, the A/C shuts off anyway, so no big deal.

Favorite Features

Very comfortable highway ride, smooth and composed. Quiet (with better tires), gets good gas mileaged. Drove 2,000 miles last month, averaged 36mpg at 75mph and A/C on. Handles great for a "economy" car. Back seat has plenty of legroom as long as you move the seats up just a little bit. Headroom is a bit tight for taller passengers, but not terrible by any means. Trunk is MASSIVE.

Suggested Improvements

Any suggestions I'd have are rendered moot because of the redesign for 2012.

Surprisingly Great Little Car!
By red84

2010 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car a year and a half ago as a company vehicle. I chose it over the Corolla because of all the problems Toyota was having at the time with the accelerator issues, and I wanted to buy an American made car. It had 327mi on it when I got it. Well, 1.5 yrs, 37,000 miles later, no problems whatsoever. I had never owned a Ford before and am pleasantly surprised with the quality. I drive on average 120mi a day for work, sometimes more, sometimes less. During the winter I was getting upwards of 38mpg! The only complaint I have is that I hit a big pothole and now the front end squeaks on turns. I would recommend this car to anyone. I would buy a Ford again.

Favorite Features

Cruise control, 2 trip meters, satellite radio built in, 2 power outlets

Suggested Improvements

The front seat is a little uncomfortable and I can't get it set exactly right. When the gas/brake pedals are set correctly, the steering wheel is to far away. Also not a fan of the electronic accelerator, just not responsive like the good ole cable pulley system.

I might buy another Ford....
By tait1977

2010 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Have had my 2010 Ford Focus for 5 months. the car set for a week and wouldn't start. charged batt and started. 4 days later sitting died again. took it to Ford and they found nothing. dont trust car to sit now for an extended period of time.

Favorite Features

Never had a NEW car before. Nice price and the car really is nice. SYNC and everything is nice.

Suggested Improvements

Know how to fix the car you manufacture, FORD! There are issues with this car that are only going to hurt you.

The headrests make this car impossible to drive
By pb33

2010 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I borrowed my mother's 2010 Ford Focus to make a return trip from Toronto to Kingston. The headrests made the drive unbearable. They protrude so far forward that I was forced to peer over the tops of my eyeglasses for the entire drive. In the end, I had to drop the seat back to a near-lay-down position and drive for three hours sitting straight upwards with no back support. I can't imagine why the designers would make such an oversight. This car is impossible to drive for any distance!

Favorite Features

I somewhat like the handling. Feels solid

Suggested Improvements

Fix the headrests.