Used 2010 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 78 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Focus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Go kart handling, go kart fit and finish.
By mitsu3kgto

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for a cheap fuel savvy commuter and it was just that.
I've had the car from new and now have 70,000 miles on it.
It has never broken down and I have averaged 30mpg during my ownership.
I drive this car extremely rough and demand a lot more out of it than it can really put up with, so for that it wins some points.
I bought this car knowing I wouldn't have it for life, I changed the oil every 10,000 miles.
The original brakes were terrible and vibrated from the beginning so I swapped them out, as with the tires that wore out at 20k and were god awful in the rain.
I slapped some expensive tires on and it made the car much better overall.

The premium sound with sync in this car is amazing. Sync can be glitchy at times but nothing unbearable. The handling in this car is so much fun. It's light weight and I have the manual so with some gear work it can be peppy. 30mpg no matter how hard I drove it. I did spend a tank being extremely cautious and pulled 38mpg highway, and that was closely drafting semi's at 65mph.

Factory brakes are awful. Factory tires are awful. Car squeaks and makes all kinds of noises over bumps. Poor fit and finish. My biggest gripe from day one in this car is the manual transmission. It was stiff when I first bought it and thought it would loosen up as I drove it. If you shift too quick it grinds, struggles finding the gears and after 70,000 miles I think it honestly comes down to a terrible clutch and master cylinder. When I start the car up in the cold I have to pump to clutch several times to get it into gear. And I have heard the throw out bearing on the clutch rattle at idle since 2000 miles on it. Low quality but you get what you pay for.

Worst focus ive owned out of the 4
By yankees102110

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the focus ses in June of 2011 with 18k on it, I traded it in in April 2013 with 45k on it. In the 22 months and 27,000 miles i owned it i went through 3 sets of tires, 2 axles, 2 wheel bearings, abs control module that cost me almost 2000, 2 sets of front rotors, the driver side door handle broke, the locks in the car stopped working, and the sync would not work half the time. This all happened around the time the warranty ran out and just to be clear Ive always been very easy on my cars. This was my fourth focus Ive owned, 2 01s, an 05, and this one. I traded this one in for a 2013 corolla,
I test drove the new focus and could not stand the way the transmission felt.

sync when it worked, 17 inch rims, ambient lighting.

I think i just got a lemon. This post is in no way bashing the focus I still own an 01 wagon that my wife delivers with and she takes a beating and keeps on chugging.

Like it but it chews up tires
By frodo922

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car new in 2010 and have averaged 39.5 mpg for the 50K miles it's been driven (about 38mpg during the summer with the air on). I bought it for the mileage and features, which I'm satisfied with, but the tire noise and constant rotation is a pain. I just noticed that my drivers side front tire has worn bald on the inside and taking it in for new front tires. After every rotation, the tire noise got a little worse. There is a class action law suit in Calf. for this problem.

Sync, USB input, hands free phone (just have to yell at it).

Fix the tire wear problem!!!

Best Deal for the price
By newman88

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This Car will not blow you away with it's outrageous performance or upscale interior, but for the money this is the best car I have ever had, I am very impressed with just about everything. It's a compact so performance, comfort, and features aren't the top of the line but bang for the buck is exceptional

I get around 40mpg Highway/25mpg city, the Sound system is fantastic i really appreciate that it has an Aux port and sirius equipped. I really like the look of it inside and out. Engine dosent have the power for all out acceleration but does great climbing hills even at highway speeds

Wish the steering wheel had a bit more adjustability, and that the back seat was more comfortable/roomy. When i have the seat adjusted comfortably the back dosent have tons of room (I am fairly tall though)

I love this car
By bstraw

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I needed to downsize from the Trailblazer I had and needed something that was a lot better on gas milegae so I looked at the Focus. I've had mine for a few months and really like it. Other than the road noise which I read may be either the factory (kumho) tires or rims and the fact that my ignition coil went out at 40k thousand miles I love this car and would defintely purchase another one.

My favorite features are the overall look of the car. Mine is black with the spoiler. The sync system and the sirius radio.

Better adjustment for the steering wheel and the fact that the steering blovks the driver side vent