2010 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Surprisingly Great Little Car!
By red84 on 06/09/11 20:01 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car a year and a half ago as a company vehicle. I chose it over the Corolla because of all the problems Toyota was having at the time with the accelerator issues, and I wanted to buy an American made car. It had 327mi on it when I got it. Well, 1.5 yrs, 37,000 miles later, no problems whatsoever. I had never owned a Ford before and am pleasantly surprised with the quality. I drive on average 120mi a day for work, sometimes more, sometimes less. During the winter I was getting upwards of 38mpg! The only complaint I have is that I hit a big pothole and now the front end squeaks on turns. I would recommend this car to anyone. I would buy a Ford again.

I might buy another Ford....
By tait1977 on 03/17/11 10:47 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Have had my 2010 Ford Focus for 5 months. the car set for a week and wouldn't start. charged batt and started. 4 days later sitting died again. took it to Ford and they found nothing. dont trust car to sit now for an extended period of time.

The headrests make this car impossible to drive
By pb33 on 03/15/11 19:52 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I borrowed my mother's 2010 Ford Focus to make a return trip from Toronto to Kingston. The headrests made the drive unbearable. They protrude so far forward that I was forced to peer over the tops of my eyeglasses for the entire drive. In the end, I had to drop the seat back to a near-lay-down position and drive for three hours sitting straight upwards with no back support. I can't imagine why the designers would make such an oversight. This car is impossible to drive for any distance!

Paint Falls Off
By fordbuster on 03/07/11 12:16 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

See comments in here. Great car mechanically. very good winter traction with traction control. Very happy mechanically but one big problem. Paint under rear doors, and in door frames ( rear ), some in wheel well, also bumpers- all have lifted or peeled. Asked dealer about it at under 60k- said could not do anything unless there were holes. Manual said otherwise as I found out later. It could have been fixed. Neither the dealer in Collingwood, Ontario or Ford would help. Just the usual comments- you know. Too bad, otherwise a great car. Maybe the Chineese can figure out how to make paint stick in Canadian Winters on my next purchase. Wake up Ford! Currently, you are 1st in sales Canada????

Lemon!...Electrical Troubles...
By frustrated84 on 02/08/11 20:34 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the 1st car I've purchased and believe me,I will never buy another Ford.The car was great for the first year,then started having electrical troubles.This only happened on cold mornings and would go away after a minute or up to 15 minutes but the radio wouldn't work,the signal light indicators in the car didn't work,no backlighting came on,the doors didn't lock automatically,the tire pressure monitor light came on,and the e-brake light stayed on after being disengaged.The dealership has been unable to diagnose or fix the problem.Already had a new instrument cluster,radio,and smart junction box installed...rental car for 45 days. In the process of getting Ford to buy the car back.

Great little car
By nrudolph on 01/06/11 22:30 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So I've had my (2011) Focus SES 2.0L/4A since August 20th, and I currently have 7,998 miles on it. My commute is almost all highway, between 60-80 miles a day. I've average 28mpg overall (cruise at 75 on highway)which is about what I expect when you have 4 merges each way, and MPG drops with speed anyway. In 8k miles of driving it hasn't been back to the dealership once. Feels solid driving down the road. Interior is quiet, but not silent, as there is a little bit of road noise, but nothing bad. I have the basic stereo, albeit with sync. Stock speakers aren't bad considering the class of car. Engine has adequate power, transmission does not hunt for gears and shifts smoothly.

Great car so far!
By leah421 on 01/05/11 18:54 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my 2010 Ford Focus for about 4 months now, and have put about 4,000 miles on it. So far, I have had absolutely NO problems. I get compliments on this car, and feel safe and stable in it while driving. I can fill up with $30.00!

Holds no value
By JAYBOY8801 on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Hi Focus owners, I bought this 2010 focus in April i down sized from a trailblazer to a car to save money on fuel. I like the car and knew i was going to lose a lot by dropping to a econo car but i did not know after paying 22,grand for a equipped focus in 8 months time it would only hold a Value just at 9 grand the whole better resale value that Toyota is truly crap. if you buy a focus you better plan to keep it until it dies

No know fix for odd vibrations
By nomoreFord on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Well, 11,000 miles and 7 multi-day trips to the dealer and still no fix for the constant shimmy, shake, odd vibration at 50 mph and above. I feel my families safety in compromised by riding in this vehicle! Dealer focused only on the tires. After the third trip I no longer received any paperwork. No paper trail for Lemon Law. Wow, I buy American for the first time in my life and get junk! So much for Fords supposed incredible quality improvements? I guess I was a fooled.

Great, solid car
By Lori on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've been a Ford fan since my first car 36 years ago. I LOVE my new Focus. The sync system is very convenient and easy to use, the car is fun to drive, and the interior is comfortable. So far this car has exceeded my expectations.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Focus Sedan in VA is:

$133 per month*