Used 2010 Ford Focus SE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Focus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

285,000km
By dsantin

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall excellent fun durable reliable car. Good in snow, MPG, comfortable, features like manual / heated seats-mirrors, tilt steering, traction control that were hard to get at this price with others. It still runs so well but I look after it. I do some rough back roads in snow as well.

Favorite Features

Most everything

Suggested Improvements

Interior gets really hot in even as low as 50 Degrees F-- need air conditioner-- how is that progress Ford?? Paint sucks-- looks great but falls of in snowbelt regions-- bottoms and c-pillars. So I had a great new car and at 40,000 miles in 1st 6 months-- I am showing everyone my great running Ford car with the reluctant to stay on paint!! I see many driving around like that. That is enough to get me out of Ford-- they don't care really! Almost got it right.

Love my '10 SE
By mdmiddleton

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I know car magazines love to hate this car but I don't get it. Bought my '10 in '11 as a cheap gas saver and i've been very happy with it. The 2.0 4 cylinder isn't crazily fast but it easily keeps up to speed on the highway and averages 34/35 mpg. I'd like it to have another gear and be a bit quieter but overall this is a great car for the money. I take it toi the dealer for the recommended 7.5k services and it's never cost me more than $45. I'll just keep rolling on...

Go kart handling, go kart fit and finish.
By mitsu3kgto

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for a cheap fuel savvy commuter and it was just that. I've had the car from new and now have 70,000 miles on it. It has never broken down and I have averaged 30mpg during my ownership. I drive this car extremely rough and demand a lot more out of it than it can really put up with, so for that it wins some points. I bought this car knowing I wouldn't have it for life, I changed the oil every 10,000 miles. The original brakes were terrible and vibrated from the beginning so I swapped them out, as with the tires that wore out at 20k and were god awful in the rain. I slapped some expensive tires on and it made the car much better overall.

Favorite Features

The premium sound with sync in this car is amazing. Sync can be glitchy at times but nothing unbearable. The handling in this car is so much fun. It's light weight and I have the manual so with some gear work it can be peppy. 30mpg no matter how hard I drove it. I did spend a tank being extremely cautious and pulled 38mpg highway, and that was closely drafting semi's at 65mph.

Suggested Improvements

Factory brakes are awful. Factory tires are awful. Car squeaks and makes all kinds of noises over bumps. Poor fit and finish. My biggest gripe from day one in this car is the manual transmission. It was stiff when I first bought it and thought it would loosen up as I drove it. If you shift too quick it grinds, struggles finding the gears and after 70,000 miles I think it honestly comes down to a terrible clutch and master cylinder. When I start the car up in the cold I have to pump to clutch several times to get it into gear. And I have heard the throw out bearing on the clutch rattle at idle since 2000 miles on it. Low quality but you get what you pay for.

Like it but it chews up tires
By frodo922

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car new in 2010 and have averaged 39.5 mpg for the 50K miles it's been driven (about 38mpg during the summer with the air on). I bought it for the mileage and features, which I'm satisfied with, but the tire noise and constant rotation is a pain. I just noticed that my drivers side front tire has worn bald on the inside and taking it in for new front tires. After every rotation, the tire noise got a little worse. There is a class action law suit in Calf. for this problem.

Favorite Features

Sync, USB input, hands free phone (just have to yell at it).

Suggested Improvements

Fix the tire wear problem!!!

Best Deal for the price
By newman88

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This Car will not blow you away with it's outrageous performance or upscale interior, but for the money this is the best car I have ever had, I am very impressed with just about everything. It's a compact so performance, comfort, and features aren't the top of the line but bang for the buck is exceptional

Favorite Features

I get around 40mpg Highway/25mpg city, the Sound system is fantastic i really appreciate that it has an Aux port and sirius equipped. I really like the look of it inside and out. Engine dosent have the power for all out acceleration but does great climbing hills even at highway speeds

Suggested Improvements

Wish the steering wheel had a bit more adjustability, and that the back seat was more comfortable/roomy. When i have the seat adjusted comfortably the back dosent have tons of room (I am fairly tall though)