Used 2010 Ford Focus SEL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

4 years, 112,000 miles and still going strong
By afcarr

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for a daily 132 mile round trip commute. This car was on my short list because it is one of few in the category that I can fit into easily - 6'2" and 210 pounds. I average 36 mpg overall - a little worse in the summer running AC all the time. Comfort is acceptable for a 2 hour commute. Leather and heated seats are pluses for comfort in winter. I do not like SYNC as it does not work with my cellphone. I have had only 1 warranty repair - a head gasket at about 80K miles. At 4 plus years the car looks and drives like new. It is no beauty, but I can live with it for the long run.

Mileage, heated seats, headroom, reliability

SYNC stinks, better road noise isolation, upgrade sound system

Not sure.....
By chararoberson

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new in Jan 2010. In Feb 2011 the throttle needed to be replaced. I was not able to go over 50 mph until it was replaced. It went out on me at night on a freeway when I was diving at highspeeds...very scary. In Aug (6mos later) the driver side window would not go up. A switch needed to be replaced. Have to wat one weeke for the part to ome in. Very disappointed and concerned about these occurences. I should't have to deal w/mechanical breakdowns on a car less than 2 yrs old. Thinking if I should trade it in for a Subaru.

SYNC Bluetooth audio heated seats

more room in back seats for passengers taller than 5'4"

The headrests make this car impossible to drive
By pb33

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I borrowed my mother's 2010 Ford Focus to make a return trip from Toronto to Kingston. The headrests made the drive unbearable. They protrude so far forward that I was forced to peer over the tops of my eyeglasses for the entire drive. In the end, I had to drop the seat back to a near-lay-down position and drive for three hours sitting straight upwards with no back support. I can't imagine why the designers would make such an oversight. This car is impossible to drive for any distance!

I somewhat like the handling. Feels solid

Fix the headrests.

No know fix for odd vibrations
By nomoreFord

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Well, 11,000 miles and 7 multi-day trips to the dealer and still no fix for the constant shimmy, shake, odd vibration at 50 mph and above. I feel my families safety in compromised by riding in this vehicle! Dealer focused only on the tires. After the third trip I no longer received any paperwork. No paper trail for Lemon Law. Wow, I buy American for the first time in my life and get junk! So much for Fords supposed incredible quality improvements? I guess I was a fooled.

Well, initially I thought the Sync system was great. But, erratic radio reception and huge differences between music volume and incoming call volume are painful! I liked the leather interior but am already having problems with wear and tear!

Make a car that actually meets and exceeds the Ford quality media hype.

Sweet
By kmshow

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I waited a long time for a new car and had all kinds of input from my husband, kids, siblings etc. When I drove the Focus I was sold, it is smooth, quiet and fun to drive. I wanted a Mini but was drawn to Ford because they did not take a Bail Out and I was so happy with the ride. Drive 25K-30K a year and am getting 33 miles per gallon. Love It!

Gas Mileage, SYNC, Ride.

Little cheap inside with the plastic but love the leather seats.