2010 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
4 years, 112,000 miles and still going strong
By afcarr on 05/05/14 12:50 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for a daily 132 mile round trip commute. This car was on my short list because it is one of few in the category that I can fit into easily - 6'2" and 210 pounds. I average 36 mpg overall - a little worse in the summer running AC all the time. Comfort is acceptable for a 2 hour commute. Leather and heated seats are pluses for comfort in winter. I do not like SYNC as it does not work with my cellphone. I have had only 1 warranty repair - a head gasket at about 80K miles. At 4 plus years the car looks and drives like new. It is no beauty, but I can live with it for the long run.

Not sure.....
By chararoberson on 08/07/11 23:23 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new in Jan 2010. In Feb 2011 the throttle needed to be replaced. I was not able to go over 50 mph until it was replaced. It went out on me at night on a freeway when I was diving at highspeeds...very scary. In Aug (6mos later) the driver side window would not go up. A switch needed to be replaced. Have to wat one weeke for the part to ome in. Very disappointed and concerned about these occurences. I should't have to deal w/mechanical breakdowns on a car less than 2 yrs old. Thinking if I should trade it in for a Subaru.

The headrests make this car impossible to drive
By pb33 on 03/15/11 19:52 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I borrowed my mother's 2010 Ford Focus to make a return trip from Toronto to Kingston. The headrests made the drive unbearable. They protrude so far forward that I was forced to peer over the tops of my eyeglasses for the entire drive. In the end, I had to drop the seat back to a near-lay-down position and drive for three hours sitting straight upwards with no back support. I can't imagine why the designers would make such an oversight. This car is impossible to drive for any distance!

No know fix for odd vibrations
By nomoreFord on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Well, 11,000 miles and 7 multi-day trips to the dealer and still no fix for the constant shimmy, shake, odd vibration at 50 mph and above. I feel my families safety in compromised by riding in this vehicle! Dealer focused only on the tires. After the third trip I no longer received any paperwork. No paper trail for Lemon Law. Wow, I buy American for the first time in my life and get junk! So much for Fords supposed incredible quality improvements? I guess I was a fooled.

Sweet
By kmshow on 10/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I waited a long time for a new car and had all kinds of input from my husband, kids, siblings etc. When I drove the Focus I was sold, it is smooth, quiet and fun to drive. I wanted a Mini but was drawn to Ford because they did not take a Bail Out and I was so happy with the ride. Drive 25K-30K a year and am getting 33 miles per gallon. Love It!

Great car for the money
By paulashort on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Love the Sync System. No other maker has anything to compete, until you hit the luxury lines. I would rather have a Ford anyways, they have proven to be more reliable.

Paint chiping from winter driving
By lastfocus4me on 07/09/10 20:19 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased last Jan and drove it about 100 miles on salt covered roads after a snowy day. When I got home, I noticed that the paint in front of the rear wheel wells was chipping off. It continued to get worst every time I drove it in the snow. The dealer repainted this area and placed 8 pieces of clear plastic on the doors and fenders to try and prolong it from happening again per the Ford TSB. If you live in a area where they sand or salt the roads in the winter and expect the paint to be durable and long lasting, you should avoid this vehicle.

Almost a Lemon
By LastFord on 07/07/10 16:22 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased a new 2010 Ford focus SEL sedan. Liked the exterior styling. Interior design pretty cool except for impractical cup holder location. Drove the car 13K miles when the "Wrench" light came on and lost power control to accelerator. This happened 3 times with Ford not able to do anything because "Engine" had not come on and no DTC codes where there to read. Set out on vacation only to have it happen again, this time Eng light did come on. Took to dealer. They said they knew all along it was the Throttle Position Sensor but could not do anything until code verified this. Also found out that the parts have been on back order for several weeks. Ford still has not issued a service bulletin?

Excellent!
By Great Car on 07/01/10 22:00 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is built well, rides quietly and is as at home on the freeway at 75 mph, as it is driving in the city doing 15 mph. It is entirely possible to get 40 mpg on a flat highway, and usually 30 mpg in town or more. The seats are comfortable and firm. The engine is quiet and has plenty of power for all kinds of driving. It drives as smoothly as any car twice its size, yet it is fun to drive, and easy to handle. Ford did a wonderful job on the electric steering -- it feels just like rack and pinion pump steering. This car is a sleeper. Few people realize just how good this car drives, or they would be standing in line at the Ford dealers to get one.

Best Kept secret
By dsmguy2009 on 05/10/10 19:47 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is truely the best kept secret in the car market. Fully loaded the sticker was 21k, with the 3000 rebate and dealer going down I got it for 17k. This car has it all, the SYNC system is awesome, the heated leather seats are amazing. For driving cars that cost twice as much in the past I am really happy with it. It is really at least worth checking out if you are in the market for a small car. You will probably fall in love with it like I did. To be honest I never even noticed them before I had one!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Focus Sedan in VA is:

$118 per month*