2010 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Great Car, Except for?
By Dwight-Moose Jaw. on 07/08/10 09:44 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I find my 2010 Ford Fucus to be a ver good little car, except fot the Gas Millage. I had a 2006 Chev Optra Wagon, 4 cylinder automatic, & @ about 7->70 miles per hour on the highway got a consistent 38>42 miles per gallon. With my 2010 Ford Focus I only, @ the same speed get @ the most around 34>36 miles per gallon. My mileage in the city is better with the Focus, but still not even close what Ford Motor Company says it should be getting. I was told, & according to what Ford says that I would get 35 miles per gallon in the city & 44>48 on the highway. All in all, it is a real solid little car, & really like it except for the gas millage I am getting.

luvthiscar!
By wrdrn on 06/28/10 06:36 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just purchased on 6/23, and first tank of gas got 27.15 mpg. With an almost 130 mile round trip 2-3 times a week, I am saving the payment just in gas, when compared to my '04 Ranger or my wife's 2002 Accord. Wind and road noise is at a minimum, especially for a base-model car. Steering is tight and handles curves well. 5 spd takes a little getting used to, esp when the short throw is compared to aforementioned Ranger. Very well-equipped for a base car; stereo can be deafening! MPG reads higher by about 2 mpg on computer than calculated @ fill-up; this is not problematic to me, as the difference is likely due to the real-time calculation of the on-board computer. All around great car!

First Time Buyer
By Mike on 05/24/10 09:45 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Needing a car for a 50 mile commute daily, I scoured the market and landed on this beauty. I am impressed with the fuel economy, the price but most of all, the reliability. Got this car for $11,700 after much debate. Ford has greatly improved their cars and I will be buying another Ford once this ones life is complete. I compared this to an Hyundai Accent and Kia Forte, which were roughly more but felt amazingly cheap and poorly built. You will not be disappointed with this car.

Good, with 2 problems
By Jack on 05/04/10 10:03 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a new BASIC 2010 Focus s, 2.0 L engine, auto transmission, in feb. 2010. After 3 months and 2500 miles can say the car is pretty good, with 2 exceptions: 1. The gas pedal is positioned in a terrible way. On a long trip the right foot gets contorted in such unnatural way to make driving a very painful process (the car does not have Cruise control). Ended up driving the car by hand with a wooden stick for the rest of the trip. 2. The car has a slight left-right weave as it travels at 60 mph down the highway. This is annoying as this weave has to be corrected all the time. The car simply does not track straight, with all tires at equal and recommended pressure.

ford power
By forderama on 03/08/10 08:14 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I find that driving this car how nice it rides and handles. Gas mileage is great 27 in town and 34 on the highway. I'm very glad I bought this car.

Great gas mileage
By Mark Berkowitz on 12/02/09 01:40 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I needed an affordable car and the Focus met that requirement. I'm disappointed that the model that I bought does not have electric windows, cruise control, or electric side view mirror controls but that's my fault for not checking it out thoroughly. I'm also confused about the lack of an ash tray and lack of a lighter--I'm not advocating smoking but it would be nice to have an ashtray and lighter when I am driving alone.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Focus Sedan in NJ is:

$226 per month*