2010 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Love my '10 SE
By mdmiddleton on 08/11/14 21:38 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I know car magazines love to hate this car but I don't get it. Bought my '10 in '11 as a cheap gas saver and i've been very happy with it. The 2.0 4 cylinder isn't crazily fast but it easily keeps up to speed on the highway and averages 34/35 mpg. I'd like it to have another gear and be a bit quieter but overall this is a great car for the money. I take it toi the dealer for the recommended 7.5k services and it's never cost me more than $45. I'll just keep rolling on...

O-K until transmission went out
By wvnurse on 05/15/14 07:25 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Focus as a used car with 20k miles. Tires were not so hot so replaced them. I drive 100-150 miles daily & needed good fuel economy. It gets about 30-35 on highway & much less in town. Have not had much difficulty until the transmission went out at 93,000 miles. Oil changes & check ups are done on time by the dealer's service department. The dealer has had it since March 17 tried 3 transmissions which were not good and is still looking for one. I authorized a new one but for some reason the dealer's service department is balking on it. Getting close to 2 months with no replacement to be found. Thinking about just giving it to the dealer & getting a Toyota.

4 years, 112,000 miles and still going strong
By afcarr on 05/05/14 12:50 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for a daily 132 mile round trip commute. This car was on my short list because it is one of few in the category that I can fit into easily - 6'2" and 210 pounds. I average 36 mpg overall - a little worse in the summer running AC all the time. Comfort is acceptable for a 2 hour commute. Leather and heated seats are pluses for comfort in winter. I do not like SYNC as it does not work with my cellphone. I have had only 1 warranty repair - a head gasket at about 80K miles. At 4 plus years the car looks and drives like new. It is no beauty, but I can live with it for the long run.

Go kart handling, go kart fit and finish.
By mitsu3kgto on 11/12/13 07:06 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for a cheap fuel savvy commuter and it was just that. I've had the car from new and now have 70,000 miles on it. It has never broken down and I have averaged 30mpg during my ownership. I drive this car extremely rough and demand a lot more out of it than it can really put up with, so for that it wins some points. I bought this car knowing I wouldn't have it for life, I changed the oil every 10,000 miles. The original brakes were terrible and vibrated from the beginning so I swapped them out, as with the tires that wore out at 20k and were god awful in the rain. I slapped some expensive tires on and it made the car much better overall.

Worst focus ive owned out of the 4
By yankees102110 on 09/23/13 20:19 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the focus ses in June of 2011 with 18k on it, I traded it in in April 2013 with 45k on it. In the 22 months and 27,000 miles i owned it i went through 3 sets of tires, 2 axles, 2 wheel bearings, abs control module that cost me almost 2000, 2 sets of front rotors, the driver side door handle broke, the locks in the car stopped working, and the sync would not work half the time. This all happened around the time the warranty ran out and just to be clear Ive always been very easy on my cars. This was my fourth focus Ive owned, 2 01s, an 05, and this one. I traded this one in for a 2013 corolla, I test drove the new focus and could not stand the way the transmission felt.

Like it but it chews up tires
By frodo922 on 10/08/12 18:56 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car new in 2010 and have averaged 39.5 mpg for the 50K miles it's been driven (about 38mpg during the summer with the air on). I bought it for the mileage and features, which I'm satisfied with, but the tire noise and constant rotation is a pain. I just noticed that my drivers side front tire has worn bald on the inside and taking it in for new front tires. After every rotation, the tire noise got a little worse. There is a class action law suit in Calf. for this problem.

Best Deal for the price
By newman88 on 09/13/12 09:10 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This Car will not blow you away with it's outrageous performance or upscale interior, but for the money this is the best car I have ever had, I am very impressed with just about everything. It's a compact so performance, comfort, and features aren't the top of the line but bang for the buck is exceptional

I love this car
By bstraw on 06/18/12 11:42 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I needed to downsize from the Trailblazer I had and needed something that was a lot better on gas milegae so I looked at the Focus. I've had mine for a few months and really like it. Other than the road noise which I read may be either the factory (kumho) tires or rims and the fact that my ignition coil went out at 40k thousand miles I love this car and would defintely purchase another one.

Love this car!
By dizzylizard444 on 05/01/12 09:36 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! I bought it brand new almost 3 years ago. The only trouble I have found with it is that if you get into the car with snowy boots on (live in Buffalo) and the mats get wet and you turn on the heater, sometimes it fogs up the windows. Did it once when I was on the highway! Very scary! I took it to Ford and they told me they had had similar complaints and it has to do with the angle of the heaters. Other than that I love this car. *knock on wood* haven't had a problem with it.

Not sure.....
By chararoberson on 08/07/11 23:23 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new in Jan 2010. In Feb 2011 the throttle needed to be replaced. I was not able to go over 50 mph until it was replaced. It went out on me at night on a freeway when I was diving at highspeeds...very scary. In Aug (6mos later) the driver side window would not go up. A switch needed to be replaced. Have to wat one weeke for the part to ome in. Very disappointed and concerned about these occurences. I should't have to deal w/mechanical breakdowns on a car less than 2 yrs old. Thinking if I should trade it in for a Subaru.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Focus Sedan in VA is:

$132 per month*