Used 2010 Ford Focus SE Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Focus Coupe

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Not My First Choice
By BlueFlame2010

2010 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 2002 Focus ZX3 was dying, so I went shopping for a new coupe. The Kia Forte Koup was on top of my list. Great price/quality, but the seat bottoms were too short for my 6'7" height. Walked next door to try a Honda Civic Coupe, found exactly the same problem with the seat cushions. Nearby Ford dealer convinced me to buy my Focus after a short test drive. I am still amazed at how quiet this car is, compared to my Focus ZX3. Handling is nearly the same, although car seems taller.

Favorite Features

Sync, bluetooth, steering wheel controls. Quiet ride, great handling with little body roll in corners. Sounds great near redline. Roomy trunk. Dark blue car with almost fully black interior looks great. HVAC more powerful than 2002 ZX3.

Suggested Improvements

2010 Focus Coupe is lacking height adjustment for seat belts. Flat seats allow occupants to roll in corners, while the car doesn't lean. Ashtray was great in-dash storage for coins, missing now. USB port in front of shifter poorly located for security (using hidden USB port in glove box instead)

Black Beauty
By Seth

2010 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this as my first NEW car. I have owned Honda's before which were by far my favorite car. I was actually looking at buying a 2009 Honda Civic DX Coupe (No options, year end leftover) for $13,499. The civic didn't even have a cd player or air conditioning. All it had was a heater. I bought my Focus pretty much loaded. I bought mine with A/C, 5 speed, CD player, Power windows and locks, Remote keyless entry, Rims, Spoiler, Sirius Satellite Radio free for 6 months for the same price as the civic. Car looks very sharp. I've only had it for several weeks but average about 32 mpg mixed city and highway. I race the car quite a bit to and I still get over 28 mpg when the car is redlined!

Favorite Features

I absolutely love the styling of the car. I was never a huge fan of the chrome Ford grills but I bought my car completely blacked out. The headlights, taillights, grill, everything. My car looks amazing. I love the gauges! This car is also pretty fast for being a entry level car!

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I've never liked about the Focus was the fact that the rear of the car sits significantly higher that the front. When you sit in the car you don't fall into the seat, which I like. I understand that its more ergonomic but the way the suspensions set up it feels a little top heavy.

Well Done Ford
By Mick

2010 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We just bought the Focus SE, added all weather floor mats (WI winters!) and fog lights. Great car, the dark grey w.black interior is very attractive. Comfy seats, yet firm for longer drives. Even the standard audio package w/Sirius is very nice! My only beef with the car is that the seatbelt latch is very low and towards the back, takes a bit of getting used to! But this is a very solid car, I would recommend it to anyone considering a Honda Civic or Fit! The suspension in the Focus is better! Fit is more $$ and doesn't even have independent rear suspension! Focus is also roomier than either Honda, especially headroom! Great job Ford!

Favorite Features

Sirius satellite radio, very logical and intuitive dash layout with clear controls!

Suggested Improvements

Raise the seatbelt latch a bit, otherwise, a very nice car!

GOOD JOB FORD!
By kaokoys

2010 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Growing up with only Japanese makes, this Ford is an outstanding competitor. currently getting a combined average of 33 mpg!!! (65mph break-in period) car handles great! seat a bit uncomfortable but a small pillow fixed that. people complain about the engine noise but i don't really hear it. i used to be a carsalesman so i have to mention that of course everyone says japanese cars are the best and only choice but I say save your money and invest it in a ford. they're ranked #2 only behind toyota putting honda in 3rd. look it up. save your $ and get quality. I also considered Hyundai & Mazda but am truly happy with my decision. *plenty of shops to work on ford all over

Favorite Features

dash is bright and easy to read, sporty look, comfortable drive, low road noise/engine noise, standard features

Suggested Improvements

fix the headlight design but just minor gripe. 2012 focuses are sick! not a fan of the H13/9008 bulbs as aftermarket not as plenty but i can live with it...the seat is the only thing i really didn't like but other than that it's great