This is a fun car!
By thebrickyard on
2009 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I recently purchased a 2009 Ford Focus SES. It has 28k miles and is decked out - Sun roof, Sync system w/ bass speaker in the trunk, etc. Most of all, this car is FUN to drive! My previous used car was a '06 Mazda 3 Sport (not the turbo charged Speed, but the one just below it). That car had everything, I loved that car, but I can honestly say that my focus, even though it's an automatic (my 3 was a manual b/c I like that), is more fun to drive. The transmission is quick to react, the engine is more powerful (even though it's a 2.0, and my 3 was a 2.3 liter), and it takes turns better. I wasn't in the market for a Focus, but I am SOLD!
Favorite Features
The handling and the engine. The sunroof and sync system (which can admittedly be a bit difficult at times, but maybe that's an issue w/ my phone), and bass speaker in the back are sweet! My kids 8 and 5, fit perfectly in the back, and there is plenty of room for average size adults in the back seats. You wouldn't want to take 4 adults in a long road trip, but it works perfectly for me and the kids. Also, my kids LOVE that I can change the colors of the lights in the cup holder, and that the sync system talks to us.
Suggested Improvements
I always want more speed :-). I'm going to get a K&N air filter, and consider getting the K&N air intake after my warranty expires.