2009 Ford Focus Consumer Review: Solid compact car!

2009 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Review

Solid compact car!
By brrugger on

2009 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I decided to buy my '09 Ford Focus SE during the Cash For Clunkers. I test drove compact and midsize cars from every manufacturer except Toyota and Honda. I love the car after almost 5000 miles I have averaged about 33 mpg 40/60 city/highway driving. The car has a very comfortable driving position and the car is easy to drive. Sure its not a rocket, but I don't feel the need to race people from stop light to stop light around town. However, I have no issues merging or passing on the highway. The brakes are solid, and the car gives a confident feel on curvy roads and in windy conditions. The dash materials are hard to touch but all things I routinely touch are soft and feel nice.

I love the sync system, the voice controls are very accurate and useful when in heavy traffic. It only took a minute or two to synchronize my phone and address book with the system. The cars small turning radius, it makes parallel parking a breeze. Also, the trunk is surprisingly large.

A slightly longer console arm rest, and a rear dome light. No major complaints!