So far I'm impressed !!
By gqlefty on
2009 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
Thanks to web-sites like this one, my selection process was easier to make. We downsized from driving an Expedition for the last 10 years. Haven't had it long but so far this SEL has made the change an easy one and my wife loves it. Especially the GAS bill !! My son drives a 99' V6 Stang and it has been bullet- proof. So I lean towards driving another Ford product. Ford has done their home work on this one and has a winner for a small car. Ford must be reading these reviews because my SEL has 3 headrests in the back seat(2 would be enough) and an inside trunk release which earlier models lacked. Will report back in about 20K miles to update my review. All for under $19K, I'm very impressed
Favorite Features
Everything others have mentioned.... 6 air bags, Fit & finish, solid build on a small car. Rides more like a midsize sedan. Roomy, easy to get in and out of. Very competitive price compared to others in its class. Yes, the sound system is very nice !! Test drive one and make your own conclusions!
Suggested Improvements
Nothing serious but ....needs inside gas cap lid release button....cargo net in trunk....4 wheel disk brakes std. Kumho tires are quite on good roads but not so much on average ones. Make tail-lights continue on to trunk lid probably would look better and more visible from the rear. Logos to large.