2009 Ford Focus Consumer Review: Perspective of a big/tall guy!

2009 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

S Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Perspective of a big/tall guy!
By rdperk on

2009 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So far, so good. I am 6,4" tall and about 240 lbs. I fit fine - but no way anyone can sit behind me! Fuel economy has ranged from 27-31 mpg. A bit lower than I had hoped with 80-90% highway. I typically drive 70-75 mph on uncongested highway. Handling is fine except in snow. Could be oem tires, but I usually can't even make it up my slight incline driveway if there is snow covering the cement. Thank goodness for traction control. Many "fishy" rides on snow covered highway - I think tc is the only thing keeping me on the road with these p. O. S. Tires!

Sync is fun, but a bit buggy sometimes - especially with my phone (sometimes automatically tries to connect, usually does not, when it tries to connect and you say "no", it keeps nagging you every 10 seconds until you say yes!)

More sound deadening. Hands free is useless (VERY, VERY BAD) over 25 mph due to road noise. I would like to be able to get outside temp on my panel. It is there, but not active!