2009 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
2009 Ford Focus Coupe SES
By Ty on 06/19/09 08:16 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The first drive of the focus coupe was decent. I was impressed with the amount of features you get for the price. I searched for cheaper new cars and finaly picked the focus. I've grown to really like it. Its a good looking car with a sporty appeal. The interior is comfortably roomy and I love the sync and other toys ford has installed in the focus. It has enough power to do the job without a sacrifice in fuel economy. However the computer MPG is wrong by about 2 mpg to many which is a little misleading. Otherwise everything seems to work properly.

A good choice with one exception....
By Gary G. on 06/17/09 14:51 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

With only 400 miles on it so far, I'm very impressed with my new Focus in all respects except one (the tires...see below). It's roomy despite being small, performs well (very peppy), is comfortable and quiet (except for the tire noise), gets excellent gas mileage (30 mpg city vs the 24 mpg EPA estimate) and has lots of standard bells & whistles. I opted for a fully loaded (with automatic) model, and for the small incremental difference in cost (only $2,000 or so) you get a whole lot more. There are some great incentives ($3,000 in rebates) on this car right now too, which makes it even more appealing.

LooK carefully at your next purchase.
By Jake on 06/15/09 17:29 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

List of what is bad. 1. PAINT. 1. NO PAINT- the inward 's entire body. 1) panel face inward. 2) trunk 3) inward doors. 2. Carpet. Cut under neath front seat. The Floor. See the cord to the seat. 3. Cover over wheel/ cover for body next to wheels. 1. made of werid fabric that just comes lose. 4. Lights. 1.Head light not bright enough, before turing on HIGH BEAMS. 2. NO BACK LIGHT IN CAB. 5. Engine. Make a werid sound. Can't see trans fluid. 6. Hard to control driving , off road and in high winds, or construction road. 7. Only on key door entrace. 8. Bar holder for engine hood. Come on, it 2009 get with the times. Could of had better featuer for $16,000 car.

Love my New Focus SE
By AmberGoldInIowa on 05/16/09 15:31 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car 6 weeks now. Love how it drives, great gas mileage, 30.2 city and got 38.7 on a recent trip to Indiana. It gets around and handles well. The only thing I noticed was the cross winds out on the highway messes with the handling a bit so you have to pay close attention. As for the interior, I got the cloth type seats, and it is all that hard plastic. The plus about it is easy to clean but it does collect lint really easy so I have to keep wiping it down. My dealer talked me out of the SYNC unfortunately and I wish I had it but the Sirius is wonderful but needs better audio system. Great car for the price,,would buy it again.

Front brakes issues
By pierre boileau on 05/08/09 16:01 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

In the first 100Kilometers, we know that the front brakes were grinding. We brought the car back to the dealer. They said that it was a normal sound. We brought the vehicle for the third time and at 10,000 kilometers for its first oilchange, and the front brakes are still sound like grinding. The dealer is not willing to replace the brakes, they say that it is normal. The car rides nice and is very affortable. We were also told that we had syrius satellite free for 6 months, However, after only 3 months it stopped. We enjoy the car, but found the service to be somewhat mediocre. thanks,

Super Value
By nobog on 05/04/09 04:27 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This was quite a deal. A SES for $14,150! (list was $18,295). Beware, the $500 Ford cash for using their credit will yield you a 10.75% interest rate. I took that deal but will pay it off early so it doesn't matter. Manual trans but with a 4 cyl that's the only way to go. Reasonable quiet and smooth, build quality seems good, even the temp control buttons on the dash have a good feel. No rattles or wind noise. THE deal for 2009.

2009 sel (auto=trans ESC )
By Cliff M on 04/27/09 11:17 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I now have about 12K on this car, Ice Blue w/black leather, the seats are great,after (2) 14 hr days on our trip to El Paso,Tx in Sept ,2008. Mileage was 37.5 overall with 1 tank full getting 42.2, the only problem I've had is with the junk Perrelli Tire that came on this car, they ended up replacing 3 of the 4 before getting a decent ride. Car gets 28.5 in city but I know it dors much better on the open road. I'M 6'3" 235LB NOTE-OUTSIDE TEMP AND COMPASS IS NOW AVAIL AS OF 1- 2009 ALSO AUTO TRANS USES A SPECIAL FLUID, (LV) LOW VISCOSITY AND IS GOOD FOR 150K MILES

My First Car!!!!!!!!!
By Huntship on 04/22/09 14:46 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Focus!!!!!! This is my first car and I can't say enough good things about it. The fule econ Is great, and the sound system rocks!! I was wondering if I should get a Ford, due to past bad experenses but once I saw the focus I lust had to have it, I got a good deal due to the current rebates.

First new car
By Bart on 04/13/09 18:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Well I chose a Ford for my first new car, and my first manual transmission, and I have not once looked back. The tranny takes a little to break in but once it is you get seriously good fuel economy. The engine has some power, but it is found around 2000 rpm or so. The seats could be a little more comfortable, I don't know why they aren't real cloth, instead some weird shiny cloth material. It is comfortable, so that works. Other than that Ford makes very reliable cars that get you where you want to go, treat them well and they will treat you well.

I sync and temperature guage
By chrisw on 04/12/09 06:32 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Car is exactly what I paid for, SEL loaded for what it costs, as an ex 2007 BMW 3 series driver, more than surprised at the drive experience and standard equipment level.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Focus in WA is:

$164 per month*