2009 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
2009 sel (auto=trans ESC )
By Cliff M on 04/27/09 11:17 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I now have about 12K on this car, Ice Blue w/black leather, the seats are great,after (2) 14 hr days on our trip to El Paso,Tx in Sept ,2008. Mileage was 37.5 overall with 1 tank full getting 42.2, the only problem I've had is with the junk Perrelli Tire that came on this car, they ended up replacing 3 of the 4 before getting a decent ride. Car gets 28.5 in city but I know it dors much better on the open road. I'M 6'3" 235LB NOTE-OUTSIDE TEMP AND COMPASS IS NOW AVAIL AS OF 1- 2009 ALSO AUTO TRANS USES A SPECIAL FLUID, (LV) LOW VISCOSITY AND IS GOOD FOR 150K MILES

My First Car!!!!!!!!!
By Huntship on 04/22/09 14:46 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Focus!!!!!! This is my first car and I can't say enough good things about it. The fule econ Is great, and the sound system rocks!! I was wondering if I should get a Ford, due to past bad experenses but once I saw the focus I lust had to have it, I got a good deal due to the current rebates.

First new car
By Bart on 04/13/09 18:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Well I chose a Ford for my first new car, and my first manual transmission, and I have not once looked back. The tranny takes a little to break in but once it is you get seriously good fuel economy. The engine has some power, but it is found around 2000 rpm or so. The seats could be a little more comfortable, I don't know why they aren't real cloth, instead some weird shiny cloth material. It is comfortable, so that works. Other than that Ford makes very reliable cars that get you where you want to go, treat them well and they will treat you well.

I sync and temperature guage
By chrisw on 04/12/09 06:32 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Car is exactly what I paid for, SEL loaded for what it costs, as an ex 2007 BMW 3 series driver, more than surprised at the drive experience and standard equipment level.

Great on gas 42 mpg on Avg
By Robert on 04/07/09 18:10 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car is great on gas I have been getting in city 30 to 35 and 41 to 45 in Hgy. Just a fun car to drive.

Am I the only one with a lemon?
By Got a Lemon!!! on 03/17/09 12:48 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I'm having a problem with the cars handling...it vibrates and pulls when i get the car to 100km. So I was a little upset when I had to dish out money (for a rental) from my own pocket 4 months after purchasing a NEW car. Only to have them keep the car all day and tell me that it was the air in my tires??? Well they fixed the air pressure and it still vibrates. Now I have to have it checked by another mechanic or possible even have it inspected. (All out of my own pocket) All because they refuse to admit there is a problem with the car!!!

Economical car, but not a "cheap" car
By CellBlock on 03/12/09 10:41 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My Focus was the first car I'd ever purchased, and while I wanted an affordable car, I didn't want to settle for the typical stripped down, no-frills, econobox. It has a lot of power and speed for a compact; press the accelerator and it gets moving. It also has some "luxury" features, like cruise control, Sync, a 6-disc CD changer, and satellite radio, that you can't normally get in a car that costs less than $20k. The gas mileage is also phenomenal for a non-hybrid car. While using it just for my incredibly short commute that consists of more parking lots and sitting at red lights than actual driving, it gets about 18 MPG. Get it out on the highway and 40 MPG isn't out of the question.

A great car at a great price
By jagar on 03/11/09 19:37 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I own a 2001 Focus with 105K miles, so I tested a 2009 model. The 2009 model is a quantum leap better than my old car. The new Focus has excellent handling and a quiet, nimble ride. Fuel economy is excellent with 39 MPG on the highway and about 28 in town. I average about 33-34 MPG in average driving and that's with the 4 speed automatic. I looked at the Toyota Corolla and the Honda Civic, but those cars cost thousands more in exchange for a marginal increase in quality & reliability. The Focus proved a better value overall. Advance Trac and SYNC are great features that virtually no other car maker offers in an automobile this inexpensive. Kudos to Ford!

Great Value & better than advertised MPG
By Politburo on 02/27/09 13:09 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I spent about 80 man hours researching and test drving compact sedans before having to make a decision between the top two candidates: the Focus and the Elantra. I selected the Focus due to better overall value as for 1200 more the Focus provided Sync and leather seating (plus it looked better than the Elantra). After 6,000 miles I am quite confident I made a right decision as I have had no issues with it and the car does not get 24/33 MPG as auto tranny is listed. Rather since the engine has been broken in, it is getting something more like 28/37 as i got 35.9 on a recent 250 mile trip. The primary downside is the sluggish acceleration performance by the transmission.

SE sedan Automatic
By BarryG on 02/11/09 10:51 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Haven't had it long at all but wanted a smaller, good gas mileage, American car. Couldn't be more pleased so far. Very comfortable, smooth, outstanding gas mileage (30+ overall), and adequate power. Doesn't feel like an econobox tin can ala the Yaris I test drove. Sync is great as is the leather wrapped steering wheel. Interior quality seems worlds above the previous Focus. Really enjoy this car and glad I'm buying American again.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Focus Sedan in VA is:

$131 per month*