Used 2009 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Focus SE Review
By Don't text and drive

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

In October of 2010 I will have had my four door 2009 SE Focus for two years. Some options I got were cruise control, 5 speed manual transmission, Black cloth interior. The only problem I've had was that a cheap two dollar spring for the clutch pedal broke, this didn't affect the cars driving ability in any way that I could see and it was a quick fix. Other than that the mechanics of the car are doing great, this car is both a peppy and smooth ride it is very fun to drive. I would very much recommend the Focus to anyone looking for a quality car for a reasonable price!

The body and interior of the car in general. A sporty, more modern look inside. also a very nice big trunk. Ford did a really great job modernizing the focus.

Put rear interior lights in for the people in the back seats. The ability to lock the glove box and center console. Also a more applicable center console (something that has specific spots to hold an Ipod, coins, sun glasses etc.) My 09 SE center console is nice and big, but it's just a big open space.

Best car for the money
By Mark

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We consistently get better gas mileage than the rating. We have put 11,000 miles on it in 8 months. No visits to the shop other than an oil change. We absolutely love this vehicle. It is by far the best value you can find in this class. We have SYNC, sunroof, roll stability control, and anti-lock brakes. Rebates given on the Focus give you a lot more for your money than Toyota or Honda. Focus has the same reliability and longevity as Honda and Toyota, is more fun to drive, and costs far less.

SYNC and fun to drive. No rattles or noises.

Better interior lighting with the moonroof.

Perspective of a big/tall guy!
By rdperk

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So far, so good. I am 6,4" tall and about 240 lbs. I fit fine - but no way anyone can sit behind me! Fuel economy has ranged from 27-31 mpg. A bit lower than I had hoped with 80-90% highway. I typically drive 70-75 mph on uncongested highway. Handling is fine except in snow. Could be oem tires, but I usually can't even make it up my slight incline driveway if there is snow covering the cement. Thank goodness for traction control. Many "fishy" rides on snow covered highway - I think tc is the only thing keeping me on the road with these p. O. S. Tires!

Sync is fun, but a bit buggy sometimes - especially with my phone (sometimes automatically tries to connect, usually does not, when it tries to connect and you say "no", it keeps nagging you every 10 seconds until you say yes!)

More sound deadening. Hands free is useless (VERY, VERY BAD) over 25 mph due to road noise. I would like to be able to get outside temp on my panel. It is there, but not active!

I love my focus
By Pat Bernier

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I must say I am extremely impressed with my Focus. I owned a 2003 and loved it but my 2009 is 3 times the car. No need to buy a civic and besides the Corolla is getting bad reviews for poor build quality not to mention the 4.2 million vehicle recal Toyota has this year for sticky gas pedal, safe eh?

Sync, rear view mirror fades to dark with on comming head lamps, steering wheel mounted buttons, heated seats.Moon roof.

more junk holders!

Second Posting with Updates 1 Year Later
By nannyjune

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I originally wrote complaining about many, many problems. Bottom line was that the car was a piece of junk. Following my posting, Ford offered me an extended warranty for free and finally figured out the problems and "fixed" them. Well, not much has improved. The car is still a piece of junk - but now pieces of the car are falling off.

To the point that I can't think that there is anything good about this car.

Buy from another manufacturer!!!!