2009 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
New Focus Experience 5 speed manual
By DKulp on 08/02/09 17:08 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Comfortable, Synch is great. Fuel economy 40-41 on highway trip. 30-33 in town. Used 3 quarts oil in 3,000 miles.

Pleasant Surprise
By JWM on 07/28/09 13:10 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Have to state this was a short rental, but first American Ford I've driven in 30 years. Great build quality and reasonably quiet. Acceleration on I-71/I-75 in uphill in Northern KY south of Cincinnati rather labored and noisy. Good brakes, but climate control needed a lot of adjusting. Am now really interested in 2010 Fusion Sport model as this Fusion at the price is a great buy.

Best deal for a great car!
By Robotaz on 07/27/09 09:12 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned many cars and this is my favorite of all time. In the past 3 years I've owned over $100K in new cars and none of them pleased me like my Focus does. I went from a 2009 Honda Accord Coupe V6 and 2008 Honda Civic Si before that, to this car and could not possibly be happier. It does not rattle at all, unlike junk Hondas, and gets killer gas mileage. It rides like a bigger car than it is, which is awesome on city streets when you're hitting potholes and cracks. I hear no road noise. It is very, very quiet even with the "sport" muffler on the 5 speed coupe. SYNC blows away the Bluetooth in any vehicle I've owned. I cannot say enough about how good of a car this is. Bye Honda

Cant Believe its a ford
By smokedis on 07/21/09 13:27 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned BMW to Toyota and back again but stayed away from ford until this focus. The IIHS just rated the coupe #1 for safety. I am very happy with the car over all. I have no regrets. The SE is not bad for under 15K out the door. No big frills just what ya need. not to mention 25.0 MPG city and I speed everywhere.

Great car
By bob on 07/21/09 11:01 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I thought that my 2004 was a good car but it was surpassed by my 2009 Focus. Great handling, good acceleration.

Good Value
By Dave K on 07/18/09 20:26 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A car you can drive for twelve hours and not be tired. 34 MPG running at 70 MPH even with an automatic. Handles well - suspension and steering are tight. Fit and finish are very good.

2009 Focus SE Automatic
By Vince on 07/10/09 05:32 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I enjoy my 2009 Ford Focus SE. I bought the version with no Sync and I don't use the satellite radio. The automatic transmission shifts smoothly. I like the decent gas mileage and the smooth ride. Sometimes on hills the acceleration seems very slightly slow. I've put over 14000 miles on it since I bought it last September and so far it runs great. Trunk space is a real plus. One thing I'd like to see are hand grips above the driver and passenger doors. The placement of the interior light needs a rethink also. It doesn't adequately light the interior because it is too far forward. I keep cars a long time. I hope to have good things to say when I put this car over 100,000 miles.

My third Focus
By Brian on 06/25/09 14:02 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased my new focus this wekk and LOVE it! (5 speed manual). The day I drove it home from the dealer I made 37 MPG! For an automobile in this class, I could ask for nothing more and have had a few suprises too! Love the Moon and tune package, quiet ride, outstanding MPG. Previous reliablity has been phenominal! our 2001 has 240000 miles with NO issues as well as our 2002 with 150000 miles (daughter has it now) with NO issues other than regular maintence. If you are looking for a great economy car, look nowhere else!

I like my Focus better than my Civic!
By Bob on 06/22/09 13:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I gave my daughter my standard Civic and planned to get new Civic. I test drove the automatic Civic and I remembered why I got the standard. During acceleration, Civics bog at low speeds, and it is less noticeable in the standard. I test drove a Focus, and it was quicker to start (the 0-60 specs are equal but the Focus has more low- end torque). The Focusís cloth seats arenít as nice, but you can get Focus heated leather heated seats for the same price as Civic cloth seats! Also, the Focus has less road noise; the headlights are better (Consumer Reports backs this up); the reliability and safety are the same; it comes with Bluetooth phone (very cool!); and it is less expensive! Try a Focus!

Excellent Car
By Eddie on 06/20/09 21:20 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have to say that I am 100% satisfied with this car. All around I think Ford put together a well built machine, from the way it drives to all the standard features in the SE model and up. When people ask me about the car and if I like it I highly recommend it. I test drove Honda's, Hyundai's, Toyotas, and it all came down to bang for my buck, this car was the best, i drive over 750 miles a week so i wanted something fun to drive and to be reliable over the years, every review i said that it was a great car, and so far, i agree. Good job ford

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Focus in VA is:

$131 per month*