2009 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
2009 Focus SE Automatic
By Vince on 07/10/09 05:32 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I enjoy my 2009 Ford Focus SE. I bought the version with no Sync and I don't use the satellite radio. The automatic transmission shifts smoothly. I like the decent gas mileage and the smooth ride. Sometimes on hills the acceleration seems very slightly slow. I've put over 14000 miles on it since I bought it last September and so far it runs great. Trunk space is a real plus. One thing I'd like to see are hand grips above the driver and passenger doors. The placement of the interior light needs a rethink also. It doesn't adequately light the interior because it is too far forward. I keep cars a long time. I hope to have good things to say when I put this car over 100,000 miles.

My third Focus
By Brian on 06/25/09 14:02 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased my new focus this wekk and LOVE it! (5 speed manual). The day I drove it home from the dealer I made 37 MPG! For an automobile in this class, I could ask for nothing more and have had a few suprises too! Love the Moon and tune package, quiet ride, outstanding MPG. Previous reliablity has been phenominal! our 2001 has 240000 miles with NO issues as well as our 2002 with 150000 miles (daughter has it now) with NO issues other than regular maintence. If you are looking for a great economy car, look nowhere else!

I like my Focus better than my Civic!
By Bob on 06/22/09 13:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I gave my daughter my standard Civic and planned to get new Civic. I test drove the automatic Civic and I remembered why I got the standard. During acceleration, Civics bog at low speeds, and it is less noticeable in the standard. I test drove a Focus, and it was quicker to start (the 0-60 specs are equal but the Focus has more low- end torque). The Focusís cloth seats arenít as nice, but you can get Focus heated leather heated seats for the same price as Civic cloth seats! Also, the Focus has less road noise; the headlights are better (Consumer Reports backs this up); the reliability and safety are the same; it comes with Bluetooth phone (very cool!); and it is less expensive! Try a Focus!

Excellent Car
By Eddie on 06/20/09 21:20 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have to say that I am 100% satisfied with this car. All around I think Ford put together a well built machine, from the way it drives to all the standard features in the SE model and up. When people ask me about the car and if I like it I highly recommend it. I test drove Honda's, Hyundai's, Toyotas, and it all came down to bang for my buck, this car was the best, i drive over 750 miles a week so i wanted something fun to drive and to be reliable over the years, every review i said that it was a great car, and so far, i agree. Good job ford

Great Little Car
By Ellen on 06/20/09 16:14 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my new Focus. We rode to the beach which is about 600 miles round trip and I got 42 MPH. I drive 84 miles per day round trip to work and back and normally get 35 MPG highway miles. The only complaint I have is there isn't a button to open the trunk which I thought was unheard of and the arm rest for the driver is back too far. The last thing is there isn't an interior light in the back seat so it's really dark back there at night when you are trying to look for something. Other than that it is a wonderful compact car.

A good choice with one exception....
By Gary G. on 06/17/09 14:51 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

With only 400 miles on it so far, I'm very impressed with my new Focus in all respects except one (the tires...see below). It's roomy despite being small, performs well (very peppy), is comfortable and quiet (except for the tire noise), gets excellent gas mileage (30 mpg city vs the 24 mpg EPA estimate) and has lots of standard bells & whistles. I opted for a fully loaded (with automatic) model, and for the small incremental difference in cost (only $2,000 or so) you get a whole lot more. There are some great incentives ($3,000 in rebates) on this car right now too, which makes it even more appealing.

LooK carefully at your next purchase.
By Jake on 06/15/09 17:29 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

List of what is bad. 1. PAINT. 1. NO PAINT- the inward 's entire body. 1) panel face inward. 2) trunk 3) inward doors. 2. Carpet. Cut under neath front seat. The Floor. See the cord to the seat. 3. Cover over wheel/ cover for body next to wheels. 1. made of werid fabric that just comes lose. 4. Lights. 1.Head light not bright enough, before turing on HIGH BEAMS. 2. NO BACK LIGHT IN CAB. 5. Engine. Make a werid sound. Can't see trans fluid. 6. Hard to control driving , off road and in high winds, or construction road. 7. Only on key door entrace. 8. Bar holder for engine hood. Come on, it 2009 get with the times. Could of had better featuer for $16,000 car.

Love my New Focus SE
By AmberGoldInIowa on 05/16/09 15:31 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car 6 weeks now. Love how it drives, great gas mileage, 30.2 city and got 38.7 on a recent trip to Indiana. It gets around and handles well. The only thing I noticed was the cross winds out on the highway messes with the handling a bit so you have to pay close attention. As for the interior, I got the cloth type seats, and it is all that hard plastic. The plus about it is easy to clean but it does collect lint really easy so I have to keep wiping it down. My dealer talked me out of the SYNC unfortunately and I wish I had it but the Sirius is wonderful but needs better audio system. Great car for the price,,would buy it again.

Front brakes issues
By pierre boileau on 05/08/09 16:01 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

In the first 100Kilometers, we know that the front brakes were grinding. We brought the car back to the dealer. They said that it was a normal sound. We brought the vehicle for the third time and at 10,000 kilometers for its first oilchange, and the front brakes are still sound like grinding. The dealer is not willing to replace the brakes, they say that it is normal. The car rides nice and is very affortable. We were also told that we had syrius satellite free for 6 months, However, after only 3 months it stopped. We enjoy the car, but found the service to be somewhat mediocre. thanks,

Super Value
By nobog on 05/04/09 04:27 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This was quite a deal. A SES for $14,150! (list was $18,295). Beware, the $500 Ford cash for using their credit will yield you a 10.75% interest rate. I took that deal but will pay it off early so it doesn't matter. Manual trans but with a 4 cyl that's the only way to go. Reasonable quiet and smooth, build quality seems good, even the temp control buttons on the dash have a good feel. No rattles or wind noise. THE deal for 2009.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Focus Sedan in VA is:

$131 per month*