Used 2009 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Super Car
By pab from SD

2009 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

09 Focus SES, sporty, comfortable, economical, very functional interior but most of all fun to drive. I avg 35 - 38 mpg, some interstate and city driving. I had Prius before this and the high winds would blow me off the road, but the Focus does well. In the snow the Focus as done great, Prius was too light and headed for the ditch. I would recommend a Focus for anyone, especially if they are looking for quality in an economical and sporty packaged car.

Sync system, get-up-and-go, lots of zip to move

interior trunk release

Plenty of bang for your buck
By Lee

2009 Ford Focus SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my SES coupe a year ago and fell in love with it as soon as I test drove it. I drive a lot for my job so it just clicked over to 40k and it's still driving as well as the day I got it. The SYNC system is by far the best feature in this car: hands-free bluetooth and iPod controls with no voice-training required. The ambient lighting is a major plus, definitely adds some serious style to the car. The speakers sound better than any car I've heard, especially with the 8" sub package. Fuel economy is great, I'm averaging around 32-33 MPG on mostly back road driving. Overall an excellent car for your money - comparable to many luxury cars for under 20k

SYNC, Ambient lighting, sound system, very sporty looks, gas mileage

No real complaints, but it needs an interior trunk release, and my SYNC system occasionally disconnects my phone, but that's more of a small annoyance. Also it would be nice to have the ambient lighting pulse with the music.

why buy junk?
By tomboy17603

2009 Ford Focus SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had my car 1 year now and really enjoy it. While no speed demon it has decent power. My car has just what you need power Windows, locks, a/c and Sirius satellite radio, never had it before now cant do without it. Trunk is plenty large, i do maintenance work and can fit all my tools in trunk. The main reason I got car is gas mileage, I can do 60 mph with no air and get upper 40s mpg. Yes it is mostly flat drive. I am a larger person and I am comfy in car. For a factory stereo it is really good. Overall I would recommend car to anyone.

I would have to say the best features are gas mileage, Sirius satellite, fit and finish of car

only thing I can think of is a 6 speed manual instead of the 5 speed. I could go faster and get the same great mileage.

I absolutely love this Car
By refocused2010

2009 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car, I bought it used from a dealership close to where I live and I will say that compared to my old focus this is absolutely amazing! I mean all the features in it are better like the new layout and design and the safety is so much better! I would recommend this vehicle to anyone.

My favorite feature is the overall design and safety it is amazing.

My suggested improvements are I have none I think everything about this car is absolutely amazing.

Perfect car for teenager
By bzmom3

2009 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My sister-in-law purchased the Focus for our teenage daughter. Honestly, I wanted her to get a Toyota Corolla because of the safety ratings and body styling.(Thank God, we did not end up with that since Toyota has had it's share of problems). Our other teenager has a 2005 Corolla, which has been good. The Focus has more power than the Corolla. My husband even says it is a fun car to drive. It handles well. The seat warmers are amazing! The only problem we have had is the carpeting coming out from under the trim. We had it fixed once, now it has done the same thing on the other side. I think they are cutting it too short. I don't know why this car isn't in the top picks, it deserves to be.

Moonroof, ambient lighting, sound system, fuel efficiency, seat warmers.

lighting for rear seat area, trunk release in interior,