Used 2009 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2009 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Great car for the money
By Kipp8302

2009 Ford Focus SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd focus and they have all been great cars. on this one I have done a few mods to it (short shifter, lowered 1.5", exhaust, intake) all of which have helped the overall performance and experience of the car. even stock the car handled very well for it's class and has great gas mileage (i maintain a 32mpg average). vast improvements over the previous models and far as comfort, sound level, performance, economy. driver comfort is great. I have done several long drives in this car with no problems. not as comfy for passengers though (not as adjustable seats). I have a kid and there is enough room for a stroller and goodies and decent back seat room for him. overall a great car.

Favorite Features

fuel economy for a cheap price, comfort and styling of coupe (has older svt focus styled bumpers) sync and usb/aux input. strong motor and transmission

Suggested Improvements

stiffer suspension and more power. with the economy the way it is now the resale isn't the best either. bought new late 08 for 16.4k and only worth about 11k now. new ones are going for less now, but definitely an car worth keeping. will run forever with basic maintained.

Geat car
By Sedan

2009 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got the new blue color car and I love it. It was the perfect size for us and looks so nice. I am very proud to be an owner of a ford focus.

Favorite Features

Love the radio and phone on the steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

sunroofs in cars without leather place for garage opener button inside to open the truck

Good for Teens
By Jennifer

2009 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car about a year ago and thought I was going to love it. It's a good car but mainly for teens. If you have small children or need plenty of room its not the right car for you cause it is small. I have been experiencing some shaking, could be the wheels but I'm not sure. It doesn't have a button on the inside of the car for the truck, so if you don't have remote keyless entry you have to use your key to open the trunk.

Favorite Features

Outside design

Suggested Improvements

button inside of car for trunk

Focus 09
By FOCUS 09

2009 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Good value car but lacks refinement on inside and outside. No 5 or 6 speed auto

Favorite Features

Good value. Excellent side view mirrors. Cabin interior has a spacious feel. Engine performs well. Gas mileage is ok. No body side moldings. Rear bumper cover /deck lid design acts as a water trap and drainage could have been improved. Gets dirty easily. Offer full wheel covers to improve mpg.

Suggested Improvements

Mpg computer overstates by 2 mpg. Cheap door insert fabric, should be softer material. Needs 5or6 speed auto. Prefer drl option. Outside styling and seat fabric material are ugly. Speedometer is too small& gauge lacks precision. Tach and speedometer are same size. Ecs selector better as dia

Super Car
By pab from SD

2009 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

09 Focus SES, sporty, comfortable, economical, very functional interior but most of all fun to drive. I avg 35 - 38 mpg, some interstate and city driving. I had Prius before this and the high winds would blow me off the road, but the Focus does well. In the snow the Focus as done great, Prius was too light and headed for the ditch. I would recommend a Focus for anyone, especially if they are looking for quality in an economical and sporty packaged car.

Favorite Features

Sync system, get-up-and-go, lots of zip to move

Suggested Improvements

interior trunk release