Used 2009 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Great Small Car
By gql

2009 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

2009 SEL...27000 miles.....30 plus mpg....Very satisfied...would buy again.....Good job Ford!!

EVERTHING

NONE

Great Car
By april1030

2009 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my 09 Focus for about 2 months and its great. The gas milage is really good and I have had no problems with this car. The SYNC system is a plus but at times the voice active comands won't resgiter. I love being able to use my cell phone hands free while I am driving. The USB port is great because I can listen to my Ipod and charge it too. The area where the USB port is located is very dark at night (it is not illumnated when you turn on the headlights). I find that after I have been driving for a while my knee starts to hurT. It could be because I am only 5 feet tall. Great car for the money!

SYNC, Heated leather seats, USB port, Curise control, Audio controls mounted on steering wheel

Trunk release button inside car, Dome light, illumnated USB port area, Electric seats

Practical, Fun, & Best Value
By awelling

2009 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has proved to be worth every penny I spent. From the fun Sync system to my 40 mpg (all highway driving), I couldn't ask for more in an economical car. I have driven 40,000 miles with only routine maintenance and I just replaced the tires. I would highly recommend this car for anyone who has long commutes daily.

Sync, Built in Satellite Radio, High MPG, Fun Drive, Sleek Dash Board, & Low Maintenance Costs

Interior Fabric, Interior Trunk Release Button, & Back Seat Dome Light

Manual transmission
By kristin sutkaitis

2009 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My car has 23,000 miles on it. I recently took it to the dealership because I had a hard time putting into reverse and into first, when it is cold outside. they said the problem wasn't happening when they had my car. don't get me wrong I love the car, but i just want to know what wrong with it. it's still under warranty. am I the only one who is having this problem?

Great car for the money
By Kipp8302

2009 Ford Focus SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd focus and they have all been great cars. on this one I have done a few mods to it (short shifter, lowered 1.5", exhaust, intake) all of which have helped the overall performance and experience of the car. even stock the car handled very well for it's class and has great gas mileage (i maintain a 32mpg average). vast improvements over the previous models and far as comfort, sound level, performance, economy. driver comfort is great. I have done several long drives in this car with no problems. not as comfy for passengers though (not as adjustable seats). I have a kid and there is enough room for a stroller and goodies and decent back seat room for him. overall a great car.

fuel economy for a cheap price, comfort and styling of coupe (has older svt focus styled bumpers) sync and usb/aux input. strong motor and transmission

stiffer suspension and more power. with the economy the way it is now the resale isn't the best either. bought new late 08 for 16.4k and only worth about 11k now. new ones are going for less now, but definitely an car worth keeping. will run forever with basic maintained.

• SUV