Used 2009 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Don't buy this peice of junk
By dneilsen

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car new in 2009. within the first year the brakes had to be repaired the second year the cv joints went out. In 2011 I was driving it to work and had alot of vibration in the front end and found out from our mechanic that the wheel bearings was worn out. I would highly recomend you avoid this mistake.

fun little car to drive

drive terrain

great car!
By handle3399

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my SEL for three years -- It feels solid, quiet, peppy now that I added a Ford Speed Werks cold air intake (CAI), and performance plugs... Mileage is great, ride is plush, I put on performance tires - GF-Force to go along with CAI. HP now is estimated at 172...also has a chip. Extremely reliable even in -30 C. I like it better than new one - more distinguished design.

design, long hood, leather, fog lights, ride, performance, handling, gas consumption....looks like a North American Ford.

none....

Its an OK car
By ss2ray

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have been driving an 09 Focus for sometime now. I own both a Chevy and Ford, and thought this would be a good car to run around town in and commute with. I thought one of these cheap eco/gas freindly car, would be a good idea. I am re-thinking this concept. What you gain in MPGs, you loose in comfort, power, peace of mind, etc. I would only recommend this car commuter car, if you can tolerate the road noise. It is noisy! The road noise is horrid, the brakes are soft and slow to respond. We had to drive this car from NC to El Paso, Texas. It was the most uncomfortable ride ever. Look elsewhere if you want to feel and be more comfortable, its worth trading the MPGs for a few $'s.

No real favorites, great for running to walmarts and not worrying if it gets banged up by others.

Sound proofing the car from all the road noise. Tighten the steering. More responsive brakes.

Almost 3yrs with my '09 SE sedan-automatic
By skater69

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought new in Feb. '09. Now closing in on 30K miles. The auto isn't exactly quick but it gets up to speed fast enough. Very comfortable car and easy to drive. Great on the highway.....80mph is about 2900rpm only. Gas mpg close to 30mpg overall. Higway 35mpg. Just a nice easy car to drive that's also comfortable with a pretty civilized ride. I love the leather wrapped steering wheel/cruise control package that my SE came with . I also like the looks. No problems at all thus far although I do hear a slight rattle coming from the left rear but it's not nearly audible enough to bother me or be that noticeable. The stock Hankooks were lame and lasted 25K miles. New Kumhos-better!

gas mileage, leather wrapped steering wheel, comfort, light feel, easy to drive, great low rpm engine on highway, large trunk.

rear light for back seat area

Great Small Car
By gql

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

2009 SEL...27000 miles.....30 plus mpg....Very satisfied...would buy again.....Good job Ford!!

EVERTHING