Used 2009 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Almost 3yrs with my '09 SE sedan-automatic
By skater69

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought new in Feb. '09. Now closing in on 30K miles. The auto isn't exactly quick but it gets up to speed fast enough. Very comfortable car and easy to drive. Great on the highway.....80mph is about 2900rpm only. Gas mpg close to 30mpg overall. Higway 35mpg. Just a nice easy car to drive that's also comfortable with a pretty civilized ride. I love the leather wrapped steering wheel/cruise control package that my SE came with . I also like the looks. No problems at all thus far although I do hear a slight rattle coming from the left rear but it's not nearly audible enough to bother me or be that noticeable. The stock Hankooks were lame and lasted 25K miles. New Kumhos-better!

gas mileage, leather wrapped steering wheel, comfort, light feel, easy to drive, great low rpm engine on highway, large trunk.

rear light for back seat area

Great Small Car
By gql

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

2009 SEL...27000 miles.....30 plus mpg....Very satisfied...would buy again.....Good job Ford!!

EVERTHING

NONE

Great Car
By april1030

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my 09 Focus for about 2 months and its great. The gas milage is really good and I have had no problems with this car. The SYNC system is a plus but at times the voice active comands won't resgiter. I love being able to use my cell phone hands free while I am driving. The USB port is great because I can listen to my Ipod and charge it too. The area where the USB port is located is very dark at night (it is not illumnated when you turn on the headlights). I find that after I have been driving for a while my knee starts to hurT. It could be because I am only 5 feet tall. Great car for the money!

SYNC, Heated leather seats, USB port, Curise control, Audio controls mounted on steering wheel

Trunk release button inside car, Dome light, illumnated USB port area, Electric seats

Practical, Fun, & Best Value
By awelling

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has proved to be worth every penny I spent. From the fun Sync system to my 40 mpg (all highway driving), I couldn't ask for more in an economical car. I have driven 40,000 miles with only routine maintenance and I just replaced the tires. I would highly recommend this car for anyone who has long commutes daily.

Sync, Built in Satellite Radio, High MPG, Fun Drive, Sleek Dash Board, & Low Maintenance Costs

Interior Fabric, Interior Trunk Release Button, & Back Seat Dome Light

Manual transmission
By kristin sutkaitis

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My car has 23,000 miles on it. I recently took it to the dealership because I had a hard time putting into reverse and into first, when it is cold outside. they said the problem wasn't happening when they had my car. don't get me wrong I love the car, but i just want to know what wrong with it. it's still under warranty. am I the only one who is having this problem?