Used 2009 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 126 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2009 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Amazing!
By schwabbii

2009 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for about 2 years now and it is simply amazing. I went on a long drive and was getting 40 mpg, which in this economic is unheard of and a lifesaver. I haven't had any mechanical problems or problems at all and it has remained reliable. I do wish I could upgrade the car to have the sync system in the car, yet I can deal with it. I would highly recommend purchasing this vehicle if you are looking for something affordable, yet handy. Trunk and cabin is rather spacious and I don't feel claustrophobic when I'm in the car. Get it, today, seriously.

Love the trunk space! I graduated from college and I was able to fit my whole life into the car! The car is rather zippy, which is nice when entering the highway/freeway.

Allow for a sync system to be installed aftermarket.

If I could go back in time, It be this car AGAIN!
By gigiaguy89

2009 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had 2 options. Yaris, or Corolla. Went to two Toyota dealer and had them try and rip us off real bad. They wanted 17 grand for Yaris and 20 grand for basic Corolla. We walked away and were about to give up when we passed a ford dealer. We stopped in to see what they had. Fell in love with a black, focus coupe. Dealer gave it to us for 15,700 w/trade. Had it since 2009 and its running GREAT. Gas mileage is AWESOME and stereo system rocks! Trunk is huge, and back seat is comfy considering the car is a two door. Interior design is pretty cool considering other cars in its class. Love the message center and ice blue lights. The cluster instrument panel has a nice sporty look to it.

I love how the message center and stereo works, its a neat set up. The stereo system also comes with MP3 compatibility so you can play your mp3 cds and TEXT so you can see the name of the song and radio station your listening to. The SYNC system is incredible. I bough a 16gb flash drive and I keep it plugged into the car at all times. So I have access to every one of my songs right in my car. And I can tell the car to play what I want. Bluetooth calls work great and SYNC understands what you say fairly well. Has a lot of kick for 2.0 engine. Love the message center and ice blue lights. The cluster instrument panel has a nice sporty look to it.

The inside panels are made out of cheap plastic. They scratch easily and get damaged fast. The silver painted trim is horrible. It started to fade and get stained and scratched the second I took the car home. They could have used a more durable paint for the trim and more durable rubber panels instead of plastic. Gives the car a cheap feel which is the exact opposite the older model focus gave you. The older model were made out of rubber panels and felt durable, even though the car itself wasn't reliable. But the other than that, its a HUGE improvement from their previous focus models.

Don't buy this peice of junk
By dneilsen

2009 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car new in 2009. within the first year the brakes had to be repaired the second year the cv joints went out. In 2011 I was driving it to work and had alot of vibration in the front end and found out from our mechanic that the wheel bearings was worn out. I would highly recomend you avoid this mistake.

fun little car to drive

drive terrain

great car!
By handle3399

2009 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my SEL for three years -- It feels solid, quiet, peppy now that I added a Ford Speed Werks cold air intake (CAI), and performance plugs...

Mileage is great, ride is plush, I put on performance tires - GF-Force to go along with CAI.
HP now is estimated at 172...also has a chip.

Extremely reliable even in -30 C. I like it better than new one - more distinguished design.

design, long hood, leather, fog lights, ride, performance, handling, gas consumption....looks like a North American Ford.

none....

Its an OK car
By ss2ray

2009 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have been driving an 09 Focus for sometime now.
I own both a Chevy and Ford, and thought this would be a good car to run around town in and commute with.
I thought one of these cheap eco/gas freindly car, would be a good idea. I am re-thinking this concept.
What you gain in MPGs, you loose in comfort, power, peace of mind, etc.
I would only recommend this car commuter car, if you can tolerate the road noise.
It is noisy! The road noise is horrid, the brakes are soft and slow to respond.
We had to drive this car from NC to El Paso, Texas.
It was the most uncomfortable ride ever.
Look elsewhere if you want to feel and be more comfortable, its worth trading the MPGs for a few $'s.

No real favorites, great for running to walmarts and not worrying if it gets banged up by others.

Sound proofing the car from all the road noise. Tighten the steering. More responsive brakes.