Used 2009 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 105 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

[non-permissible content removed]
By mooshgoosh

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am saving up for a much needed 3rd SET OF FOUR NEW TIRES WITHIN SIX MONTHS! I feel robbed, stuck and beaten down by Ford. No matter where I go or who I go to for help, I am given the run around. "You must have hit a pothole." (So, apparently in the 2009 Ford Focus, if you hit a pothole it will throw your entire car out of whack and wear your tires unevenly within 2 months.) I have had two alignments in the past 10 months, so I know that is not the issue. I feel like I'm driving a matchbox car and will fly off the road to my death at any moment. The entire car shakes violently and has since 30K. Very unimpressed and taken advantage of.

The colored lights/stereo/sync

Design a car that has enough to it so that the tires may hold it up and drive it for more than 3 months at a time. Or reimburse your loyal customers who have had to suffer for buying this car.

Great little car
By mlhunt1

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this 2009 Focus with 21k on the clock when i found out that my soon to be wife was expecting our first child. I found this black on black focus SE 2.0L Auto trans. I get 30mpg cursing down the highway at 80mph. My wife gets 36mpg driving 70mph. I have had very little issues with the vehicle We have since put over 20k on the car driving all over New England.
The car drove great in the two snow storms of 20plus inches. Now is the car not made to have 4 6ft people in it. Do they fit yes. I would say that if i were to buy again for the purpose that i bought it for i would have bought a larger car. But for a single person a commuter car, or for just cheap transportation ITS GREAT.

I would have to say the off the line power.

Make ABS standard, and make the pass seat height adjustable.

What a car!
By alphahusky

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Alright, let me preface this by saying I had on '03 PT Cruiser before. Would've been a great car if it wasn't a money pit. This car though, what a dream! Though nowhere near a sports car like the PT GT, it's INCREDIBLY fun to drive! The shifting on this car is more smooth than I could imagine an MT (Manual Transmission) to be. All the creatures comforts and more with AC and XM Satellite radio! The suspension is SO soft! Even hitting a giant pothole on accident doesn't feel as dramatic as it is! The gas mileage is awesome! I only travel short distances, so mine may not be the same as others, but 35 MPG in the dead of winter is more than incredible for me!

I'll try to go in order: * Shifting - This car is a MT, but shifting with this car is beyond amazing! It's is so smooth.. You don't get any of the "hrumph" when going to another gear (Like you would on other vehicles no matter how much you babied the clutch). * Suspension - Another incredible highlight of this car! Even though it's a used '09, I can't stress enough how incredibly brand new it feels! Mercedes look out! * Roomy Trunk - Though small, this car features a very boisterous trunk with plenty of room for cargo and other items! * XM Satellite - I only had to call up Sirius XM and give them my VIN and payment info and I had instant access to all XM channels! *Stereo is AWESOME!

My following suggestions are subject to current features... Which is to say, if these changes would deplete in ANY way from the rest of the vehicle, I would suggest NO change at all. Larger cabin for the back passengers. Though the front of the cabin is very cozy (even as a tall person), the back barely covers enough space even for my daughter in a car seat. More leg room in the back would be nice, but I would most certainly sacrifice this in favor of what the vehicle currently has.

For teenagers, Adults don't bother
By cherrie1

2009 Ford Focus Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought used 2009 for $9500 w/26000 miles in 2011, under TMV, so I thought I had a deal.
However, I would not buy this again.
The comfort level is very low with hardly any leg room.
It does very poorly in certain weather conditions.
Caught in a windstorm, I was forced to drive in the fast lane bcuz the slow lane was near deep embankments and the car behaved like it really wanted to flip.
It also does poorly going around sharp curves.
It now squeaks after that windstorm, and I'm told it's a bodyshop issue.
Also, repairs on this can be $$.
I pd $300 for a brake job.
The defrost is horrible on this, takes way too long.
Ok on gas, but just a teenage recreation car IMO.

Gas sipper, and will get u from pt. A to pt. B.

More room, needs more sturdiness, needs a trunk release in the car, annoying lights come on when door opens

I've had my Focus for over a year now..
By jasebduke3435

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I'm like everyone who owns a Ford Focus and can't complain about them. I have a 2009 Ford Focus SEL. I love everything about it. Especally love the Sirius Satellite Radio. I can't go anywhere without listening to it. My mom and dad helped me buy it. It was a birthday gift. My dad was dead set against it. He kept bugging and nagging about how about a Hyundai, Chevy, Toyota, ANYTHING BUT A FORD was his very words. Finally made him come out of his stubborn shell. We went to the dealership where it was, we took a test drive, and he never complained about it ever. How can anyone complain if you can put a full tank of gas and your good for the next 300-400 miles.

SIRIUS satellite radio Leather Seats The gas.