2009 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Practical, Fun, & Best Value
By awelling on 01/05/11 01:40 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has proved to be worth every penny I spent. From the fun Sync system to my 40 mpg (all highway driving), I couldn't ask for more in an economical car. I have driven 40,000 miles with only routine maintenance and I just replaced the tires. I would highly recommend this car for anyone who has long commutes daily.

Manual transmission
By kristin sutkaitis on 11/13/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My car has 23,000 miles on it. I recently took it to the dealership because I had a hard time putting into reverse and into first, when it is cold outside. they said the problem wasn't happening when they had my car. don't get me wrong I love the car, but i just want to know what wrong with it. it's still under warranty. am I the only one who is having this problem?

Geat car
By Sedan on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got the new blue color car and I love it. It was the perfect size for us and looks so nice. I am very proud to be an owner of a ford focus.

Good for Teens
By Jennifer on 08/07/10 16:18 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car about a year ago and thought I was going to love it. It's a good car but mainly for teens. If you have small children or need plenty of room its not the right car for you cause it is small. I have been experiencing some shaking, could be the wheels but I'm not sure. It doesn't have a button on the inside of the car for the truck, so if you don't have remote keyless entry you have to use your key to open the trunk.

Focus 09
By FOCUS 09 on 07/13/10 10:53 AM (PDT)

Good value car but lacks refinement on inside and outside. No 5 or 6 speed auto

Super Car
By pab from SD on 06/22/10 08:43 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

09 Focus SES, sporty, comfortable, economical, very functional interior but most of all fun to drive. I avg 35 - 38 mpg, some interstate and city driving. I had Prius before this and the high winds would blow me off the road, but the Focus does well. In the snow the Focus as done great, Prius was too light and headed for the ditch. I would recommend a Focus for anyone, especially if they are looking for quality in an economical and sporty packaged car.

I absolutely love this Car
By refocused2010 on 05/23/10 19:50 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car, I bought it used from a dealership close to where I live and I will say that compared to my old focus this is absolutely amazing! I mean all the features in it are better like the new layout and design and the safety is so much better! I would recommend this vehicle to anyone.

Perfect car for teenager
By bzmom3 on 05/23/10 14:10 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My sister-in-law purchased the Focus for our teenage daughter. Honestly, I wanted her to get a Toyota Corolla because of the safety ratings and body styling.(Thank God, we did not end up with that since Toyota has had it's share of problems). Our other teenager has a 2005 Corolla, which has been good. The Focus has more power than the Corolla. My husband even says it is a fun car to drive. It handles well. The seat warmers are amazing! The only problem we have had is the carpeting coming out from under the trim. We had it fixed once, now it has done the same thing on the other side. I think they are cutting it too short. I don't know why this car isn't in the top picks, it deserves to be.

Great little car
By robxb on 05/18/10 12:54 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for about 4 months now and I really enjoy driving it. It's pretty comfortable, though I haven't taken any trips yet. The leather heated seats and sunroof are nice, and the dash + heat + radio all have a really nice interface which is easy to read and understand. Ambient lightning is a neat feature but if it's not included I wouldn't go and pay extra for it. You're looking at the road anyway. The handling is responsive, though the steering seems a bit wobbly when you go over bumps on the highway..not sure if it's supposed to do this. Had torque steer a couple times at a green light. The sunroof has a little rattle, but I'll get it checked next week.

Great purchase, wonderful car
By Dennis on 05/08/10 08:55 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought new during the cash4clunkers program traded my Merc G/M and had some fear going from such a large car to the Focus however I can now say that after driving the car for 7+ months through the worst winter in Philly history I have no concerns at all.`The car handles surperbly and I am able to squeeze 41 MPG on the highway. I have no problems to date not even a minor rattle. Ford has really put Quality #1 with this car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.