Used 2009 Ford Focus Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Focus Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Love my car.
By dan

2009 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car rides great, pretty stiff suspension that handles bumps very well, and its very responsive and tight. It was mainly Sync that got my attention when it came to finding a new car. I do come from a family that has owned quite a lot of fords, because they made pretty decent cars. Take the build quality up a bit, and you get a new Ford. The car feels like its built very well. With only a 140hp engine, it does struggle to get up most hills. paired up with the 4 speed auto and no torque, driving on hilly roads isn't pleasant. I've only put 2500 miles on my car so far, but it seems to be pretty great.

Sync, Ambient lighting, sporty look, sporty suspension.

More power, a 5 or 6 speed auto) would be very nice, especially with a little more power.

awesome coupe
By Dennis F

2009 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned several gti, 3 series, and mazda products. This is a killer coupe for the money and makes the Cobalt and Civic feel like econo rattle traps

atellite radio, shifter

none

The best American compact out there.
By srcej6

2009 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've been extremely pleased with my 09 Focus SE coupe. I chose the 5spd because I personally can't stand to drive a car that doesn't have a lot of torque paired with an automatic. With that said the clutch uptake is very smooth and the pedals are well spaced for heel toe downshifting. The shifter itself could be shorter but the detents for the gears are positive. The car rides like a midsize sedan, very quiet and smooth. It's leagues above my friends 08 Cobalt in ride quality and noise control. While it's no drag racer it definitely is entertaining in the twisties, with the 4wheel independent suspension. Not only does it soak up bumps mid corner with ease but it is also very forgiving.

I like that it has power everything (except seats) and heated mirrors. The steering wheel controls for the radio and leather wrapped steering wheel. Also Sync is a very easy to use system that helps you keep your eyes on the road while trying to change albums from your MP3 player or make a call.

Bring back the 2.3L from the earlier model Focus ST. Also 4wheel disc brakes would be another nice addition.

Pleasantly Surprised
By Madison

2009 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just purchased this weekend as a commuter car (130 miles/day round trip). I really like what Ford did with the re-design. The old version was pretty ugly, but this one looks good for an econobox. After only 250 miles, getting almost 40 on the highway and 33 overall in a fair mix. I'm 6'3" and the two door allows easy entry and exit - plenty of legroom. Performance is about what you would expect from a N/A 4-banger - not spectacular, but sufficient. Sirius is cool. First Ford I've ever owned, so we'll see how it goes. Impressed by the fact they didn't need a bailout and they actually had inventory to choose from. So far, so good.

Love the legroom that the coupe provides. Dash lights look cool at night. Lots of options for a commuter car - doesn't look like a rental car - tinted headlights, spoiler, aluminum wheels, exhaust tip. 5 speed seems very well sorted out - not clunky at all. Huge trunk, rear folding seats are nice

More road noise than my 10 year old Chevy ton truck with a rubber floor (tires?). Interior door pulls in a weird spot - way forward on the door. Would be nice if seats could be slid forward from the back seat for easier exit by passengers. Tilt wheel a little cumbersome. Needs compass and therm.

Best deal for a great car!
By Robotaz

2009 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned many cars and this is my favorite of all time. In the past 3 years I've owned over $100K in new cars and none of them pleased me like my Focus does. I went from a 2009 Honda Accord Coupe V6 and 2008 Honda Civic Si before that, to this car and could not possibly be happier. It does not rattle at all, unlike junk Hondas, and gets killer gas mileage. It rides like a bigger car than it is, which is awesome on city streets when you're hitting potholes and cracks. I hear no road noise. It is very, very quiet even with the "sport" muffler on the 5 speed coupe. SYNC blows away the Bluetooth in any vehicle I've owned. I cannot say enough about how good of a car this is. Bye Honda

Smooth ride, very smooth drivetrain, no rattles, great MPG, awesome stereo, very comfortable seats, build quality smokes Honda, corners well for how soft the ride is, very quiet, great shifter, great exhaust note, looks good, SYNC rules!, colored LEDs inside are cool, nice steering feel, i love it!

Rear disc brakes!!! The car would be perfect with rear discs.