Used 2009 Ford Focus SES Sedan Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Great buy for a low price
By Jajuan Monroe

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When I bought this vehicle it was just about everything I was looking for with a few extra perks. The space between the front seats and the back seats could have been a little larger, there is only one cup holder in the back, and there's no way to open the trunk from inside the car but everything else is great. It handles well on road, the sound system is pretty good and it even has LED lights in the cup holders and around the floor of the vehicle. It even comes equipped with Microsoft sync and satellite radio. Overall, this was a perfect buy for me and I intend on using this car for a while.

This is a fun car!
By thebrickyard

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased a 2009 Ford Focus SES.
It has 28k miles and is decked out - Sun roof, Sync system w/ bass speaker in the trunk, etc.
Most of all, this car is FUN to drive!
My previous used car was a '06 Mazda 3 Sport (not the turbo charged Speed, but the one just below it).
That car had everything, I loved that car, but I can honestly say that my focus, even though it's an automatic (my 3 was a manual b/c I like that), is more fun to drive.
The transmission is quick to react, the engine is more powerful (even though it's a 2.0, and my 3 was a 2.3 liter), and it takes turns better.
I wasn't in the market for a Focus, but I am SOLD!

The handling and the engine. The sunroof and sync system (which can admittedly be a bit difficult at times, but maybe that's an issue w/ my phone), and bass speaker in the back are sweet! My kids 8 and 5, fit perfectly in the back, and there is plenty of room for average size adults in the back seats. You wouldn't want to take 4 adults in a long road trip, but it works perfectly for me and the kids. Also, my kids LOVE that I can change the colors of the lights in the cup holder, and that the sync system talks to us.

I always want more speed :-). I'm going to get a K&N air filter, and consider getting the K&N air intake after my warranty expires.

Don't buy this peice of junk
By dneilsen

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car new in 2009. within the first year the brakes had to be repaired the second year the cv joints went out. In 2011 I was driving it to work and had alot of vibration in the front end and found out from our mechanic that the wheel bearings was worn out. I would highly recomend you avoid this mistake.

fun little car to drive

drive terrain

Geat car
By Sedan

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got the new blue color car and I love it. It was the perfect size for us and looks so nice. I am very proud to be an owner of a ford focus.

Love the radio and phone on the steering wheel.

sunroofs in cars without leather place for garage opener button inside to open the truck

Super Car
By pab from SD

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

09 Focus SES, sporty, comfortable, economical, very functional interior but most of all fun to drive. I avg 35 - 38 mpg, some interstate and city driving. I had Prius before this and the high winds would blow me off the road, but the Focus does well. In the snow the Focus as done great, Prius was too light and headed for the ditch. I would recommend a Focus for anyone, especially if they are looking for quality in an economical and sporty packaged car.

Sync system, get-up-and-go, lots of zip to move

interior trunk release