2009 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
I would not buy another
By cherrie1 on 06/11/14 17:51 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Do not believe the reviews and best lists info. I owned this car. Got it used for cheap. The engine ran well, and I did not have many maintenance problems though I got it to 70000 until I was rear ended and totaled. It totally lacks comfort. There are so many other cars that run better than this. I traveled in it and could not sleep so cramped. A windstorm almost made it go over embankment had to drive in the fast lane. The seat became loose being I'm a bigger person. When I was rear ended it tore up my knees because I hit forward. Way cramped. Unless you are short and wt 100-lbs, buy something bigger. Forget good gas mileage if the comfort is lacking or you dread driving in it.

For teenagers, Adults don't bother
By cherrie1 on 01/26/13 21:38 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought used 2009 for $9500 w/26000 miles in 2011, under TMV, so I thought I had a deal. However, I would not buy this again. The comfort level is very low with hardly any leg room. It does very poorly in certain weather conditions. Caught in a windstorm, I was forced to drive in the fast lane bcuz the slow lane was near deep embankments and the car behaved like it really wanted to flip. It also does poorly going around sharp curves. It now squeaks after that windstorm, and I'm told it's a bodyshop issue. Also, repairs on this can be $$. I pd $300 for a brake job. The defrost is horrible on this, takes way too long. Ok on gas, but just a teenage recreation car IMO.

Good for Teens
By Jennifer on 08/07/10 16:18 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car about a year ago and thought I was going to love it. It's a good car but mainly for teens. If you have small children or need plenty of room its not the right car for you cause it is small. I have been experiencing some shaking, could be the wheels but I'm not sure. It doesn't have a button on the inside of the car for the truck, so if you don't have remote keyless entry you have to use your key to open the trunk.

Sufficient and economical
By Average Midwest Jane on 04/13/10 18:53 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car replaced a much-loved 2000 Saturn SL that routinely got 40 mpg highway, 32-35 in town. Driver is female, average size, over 50. The Focus turned out surprisingly comfortable and well-designed. MPG average: about 28 (this is a stick) and up to 35 highway. It handles well in snow, about as well as the Saturn, and does better in strong winds. This car has enough power to get up to expressway speed on entrance ramps. I wouldn't want to spend a long ride in the back seat, though.

Accelerator
By Bert on 01/01/10 08:41 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The accelerator position is THE MOST unconfortable in ALL cars I've owned I suggest it should be "hinged" on the floor board

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Focus Sedan in VA is:

$131 per month*