Used 2009 Ford Focus SES Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

This is a fun car!
By thebrickyard

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased a 2009 Ford Focus SES. It has 28k miles and is decked out - Sun roof, Sync system w/ bass speaker in the trunk, etc. Most of all, this car is FUN to drive! My previous used car was a '06 Mazda 3 Sport (not the turbo charged Speed, but the one just below it). That car had everything, I loved that car, but I can honestly say that my focus, even though it's an automatic (my 3 was a manual b/c I like that), is more fun to drive. The transmission is quick to react, the engine is more powerful (even though it's a 2.0, and my 3 was a 2.3 liter), and it takes turns better. I wasn't in the market for a Focus, but I am SOLD!

Favorite Features

The handling and the engine. The sunroof and sync system (which can admittedly be a bit difficult at times, but maybe that's an issue w/ my phone), and bass speaker in the back are sweet! My kids 8 and 5, fit perfectly in the back, and there is plenty of room for average size adults in the back seats. You wouldn't want to take 4 adults in a long road trip, but it works perfectly for me and the kids. Also, my kids LOVE that I can change the colors of the lights in the cup holder, and that the sync system talks to us.

Suggested Improvements

I always want more speed :-). I'm going to get a K&N air filter, and consider getting the K&N air intake after my warranty expires.

Don't buy this peice of junk
By dneilsen

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car new in 2009. within the first year the brakes had to be repaired the second year the cv joints went out. In 2011 I was driving it to work and had alot of vibration in the front end and found out from our mechanic that the wheel bearings was worn out. I would highly recomend you avoid this mistake.

Favorite Features

fun little car to drive

Suggested Improvements

drive terrain

Geat car
By Sedan

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got the new blue color car and I love it. It was the perfect size for us and looks so nice. I am very proud to be an owner of a ford focus.

Favorite Features

Love the radio and phone on the steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

sunroofs in cars without leather place for garage opener button inside to open the truck

Super Car
By pab from SD

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

09 Focus SES, sporty, comfortable, economical, very functional interior but most of all fun to drive. I avg 35 - 38 mpg, some interstate and city driving. I had Prius before this and the high winds would blow me off the road, but the Focus does well. In the snow the Focus as done great, Prius was too light and headed for the ditch. I would recommend a Focus for anyone, especially if they are looking for quality in an economical and sporty packaged car.

Favorite Features

Sync system, get-up-and-go, lots of zip to move

Suggested Improvements

interior trunk release

Perfect car for teenager
By bzmom3

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My sister-in-law purchased the Focus for our teenage daughter. Honestly, I wanted her to get a Toyota Corolla because of the safety ratings and body styling.(Thank God, we did not end up with that since Toyota has had it's share of problems). Our other teenager has a 2005 Corolla, which has been good. The Focus has more power than the Corolla. My husband even says it is a fun car to drive. It handles well. The seat warmers are amazing! The only problem we have had is the carpeting coming out from under the trim. We had it fixed once, now it has done the same thing on the other side. I think they are cutting it too short. I don't know why this car isn't in the top picks, it deserves to be.

Favorite Features

Moonroof, ambient lighting, sound system, fuel efficiency, seat warmers.

Suggested Improvements

lighting for rear seat area, trunk release in interior,