2009 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
This is a fun car!
By thebrickyard on 06/22/12 06:43 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased a 2009 Ford Focus SES. It has 28k miles and is decked out - Sun roof, Sync system w/ bass speaker in the trunk, etc. Most of all, this car is FUN to drive! My previous used car was a '06 Mazda 3 Sport (not the turbo charged Speed, but the one just below it). That car had everything, I loved that car, but I can honestly say that my focus, even though it's an automatic (my 3 was a manual b/c I like that), is more fun to drive. The transmission is quick to react, the engine is more powerful (even though it's a 2.0, and my 3 was a 2.3 liter), and it takes turns better. I wasn't in the market for a Focus, but I am SOLD!

Don't buy this peice of junk
By dneilsen on 03/15/12 07:57 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car new in 2009. within the first year the brakes had to be repaired the second year the cv joints went out. In 2011 I was driving it to work and had alot of vibration in the front end and found out from our mechanic that the wheel bearings was worn out. I would highly recomend you avoid this mistake.

Geat car
By Sedan on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got the new blue color car and I love it. It was the perfect size for us and looks so nice. I am very proud to be an owner of a ford focus.

Super Car
By pab from SD on 06/22/10 08:43 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

09 Focus SES, sporty, comfortable, economical, very functional interior but most of all fun to drive. I avg 35 - 38 mpg, some interstate and city driving. I had Prius before this and the high winds would blow me off the road, but the Focus does well. In the snow the Focus as done great, Prius was too light and headed for the ditch. I would recommend a Focus for anyone, especially if they are looking for quality in an economical and sporty packaged car.

Perfect car for teenager
By bzmom3 on 05/23/10 14:10 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My sister-in-law purchased the Focus for our teenage daughter. Honestly, I wanted her to get a Toyota Corolla because of the safety ratings and body styling.(Thank God, we did not end up with that since Toyota has had it's share of problems). Our other teenager has a 2005 Corolla, which has been good. The Focus has more power than the Corolla. My husband even says it is a fun car to drive. It handles well. The seat warmers are amazing! The only problem we have had is the carpeting coming out from under the trim. We had it fixed once, now it has done the same thing on the other side. I think they are cutting it too short. I don't know why this car isn't in the top picks, it deserves to be.

Great little car
By robxb on 05/18/10 12:54 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for about 4 months now and I really enjoy driving it. It's pretty comfortable, though I haven't taken any trips yet. The leather heated seats and sunroof are nice, and the dash + heat + radio all have a really nice interface which is easy to read and understand. Ambient lightning is a neat feature but if it's not included I wouldn't go and pay extra for it. You're looking at the road anyway. The handling is responsive, though the steering seems a bit wobbly when you go over bumps on the highway..not sure if it's supposed to do this. Had torque steer a couple times at a green light. The sunroof has a little rattle, but I'll get it checked next week.

Perfect in every way except one
By carl on 04/01/10 11:11 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2009 ses 11 months ago and we LOVE IT! 16,000 miles and average 43 mpg summer and 35 mpg winter (conservative speeds-60mph hwy).Now, here is my complaint: If you look closely at the area down low by the rear wheel wells in front of the wheels you will probably see that your paint is getting "sand-blasted" off the car. This is due to a poor design in the shape of car in this area.Spray from the front wheels is the culprit even after mud guards are installed. Ford/Canada is aware of this and will repair paint and cover the affected area gratis --IF YOU ASK. It is like a silent recall. I had it done and so far so good but like I stated at the top,one great car in every other way!

Best car for the money
By Mark on 03/13/10 07:37 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We consistently get better gas mileage than the rating. We have put 11,000 miles on it in 8 months. No visits to the shop other than an oil change. We absolutely love this vehicle. It is by far the best value you can find in this class. We have SYNC, sunroof, roll stability control, and anti-lock brakes. Rebates given on the Focus give you a lot more for your money than Toyota or Honda. Focus has the same reliability and longevity as Honda and Toyota, is more fun to drive, and costs far less.

Perspective of a big/tall guy!
By rdperk on 03/08/10 09:46 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So far, so good. I am 6,4" tall and about 240 lbs. I fit fine - but no way anyone can sit behind me! Fuel economy has ranged from 27-31 mpg. A bit lower than I had hoped with 80-90% highway. I typically drive 70-75 mph on uncongested highway. Handling is fine except in snow. Could be oem tires, but I usually can't even make it up my slight incline driveway if there is snow covering the cement. Thank goodness for traction control. Many "fishy" rides on snow covered highway - I think tc is the only thing keeping me on the road with these p. O. S. Tires!

I love my focus
By Pat Bernier on 01/25/10 16:49 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I must say I am extremely impressed with my Focus. I owned a 2003 and loved it but my 2009 is 3 times the car. No need to buy a civic and besides the Corolla is getting bad reviews for poor build quality not to mention the 4.2 million vehicle recal Toyota has this year for sticky gas pedal, safe eh?

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Focus Sedan in VA is:

$125 per month*