2009 Ford Focus Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Great car for the money
By Kipp8302 on 11/10/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd focus and they have all been great cars. on this one I have done a few mods to it (short shifter, lowered 1.5", exhaust, intake) all of which have helped the overall performance and experience of the car. even stock the car handled very well for it's class and has great gas mileage (i maintain a 32mpg average). vast improvements over the previous models and far as comfort, sound level, performance, economy. driver comfort is great. I have done several long drives in this car with no problems. not as comfy for passengers though (not as adjustable seats). I have a kid and there is enough room for a stroller and goodies and decent back seat room for him. overall a great car.

why buy junk?
By tomboy17603 on 06/05/10 20:30 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had my car 1 year now and really enjoy it. While no speed demon it has decent power. My car has just what you need power Windows, locks, a/c and Sirius satellite radio, never had it before now cant do without it. Trunk is plenty large, i do maintenance work and can fit all my tools in trunk. The main reason I got car is gas mileage, I can do 60 mph with no air and get upper 40s mpg. Yes it is mostly flat drive. I am a larger person and I am comfy in car. For a factory stereo it is really good. Overall I would recommend car to anyone.

Second Focus in Family
By born2bwild on 01/08/10 15:56 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My wife drives a 2007 with low mileage, I liked the feel and pep her car had and bought my 2dr. I traded my 07 Mustang because gas was just to expense to drive to work. I drive 35 miles one way to work, the car performs real good. Quicker off the line then a Cobalt or Nissan that I rented. Stylish ride comfort is ok . Fuel mileage is great, averaging 38 MPG , did 40 mpg a couple of times and I am not light on the pedal. I would recommend the car to anyone . Stock Pirelli P 6 tires very bad in real light snow. I have 24k on the car and replaced the tires because of the way they handled. But over all quality is good and looks are great. Fun to drive and feel solidly built.

Love it!
By Kennon on 12/23/09 13:07 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I drove Mazda 6's from 1988 till now. I drive a lot of miles every year chasing my hobbies, kids, and getting to work. For me a car must fit my body with arm rests and foot rests properly placed. I spend a minimum of two and a half hours driving every day. My cars mus not be hard to handle in windy or wet conditions. Great mileage with enough power to run cruise control on long hills are a must. This little Ford is a pleasure to drive and ride in. Mileage 37 Summer 33 Winter 87 Octane. Less on E10 by 2mpg Mixed driving. Best 41mpg on I-80 in August, Worst 29 last week at -6F

awesome coupe
By Dennis F on 08/20/09 18:32 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned several gti, 3 series, and mazda products. This is a killer coupe for the money and makes the Cobalt and Civic feel like econo rattle traps

The best American compact out there.
By srcej6 on 08/12/09 16:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've been extremely pleased with my 09 Focus SE coupe. I chose the 5spd because I personally can't stand to drive a car that doesn't have a lot of torque paired with an automatic. With that said the clutch uptake is very smooth and the pedals are well spaced for heel toe downshifting. The shifter itself could be shorter but the detents for the gears are positive. The car rides like a midsize sedan, very quiet and smooth. It's leagues above my friends 08 Cobalt in ride quality and noise control. While it's no drag racer it definitely is entertaining in the twisties, with the 4wheel independent suspension. Not only does it soak up bumps mid corner with ease but it is also very forgiving.

Pleasantly Surprised
By Madison on 08/10/09 10:54 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just purchased this weekend as a commuter car (130 miles/day round trip). I really like what Ford did with the re-design. The old version was pretty ugly, but this one looks good for an econobox. After only 250 miles, getting almost 40 on the highway and 33 overall in a fair mix. I'm 6'3" and the two door allows easy entry and exit - plenty of legroom. Performance is about what you would expect from a N/A 4-banger - not spectacular, but sufficient. Sirius is cool. First Ford I've ever owned, so we'll see how it goes. Impressed by the fact they didn't need a bailout and they actually had inventory to choose from. So far, so good.

Cant Believe its a ford
By smokedis on 07/21/09 13:27 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned BMW to Toyota and back again but stayed away from ford until this focus. The IIHS just rated the coupe #1 for safety. I am very happy with the car over all. I have no regrets. The SE is not bad for under 15K out the door. No big frills just what ya need. not to mention 25.0 MPG city and I speed everywhere.

ford focus review
By Jack on 03/26/09 17:48 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

first let me begin by stating i beat and tear at this car constantly and it's a great all around car, i've had it for about a year and been in one accident and it runs like brand new still. although the trunk may be annoying at times because it is not bolted down but that's probubly its only fault, personally i have two dual JBL subwoofers in my trunk and they sounds great in the focus... all around outstanding quality.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Focus Coupe in VA is:

$136 per month*