Used 2009 Ford Focus SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2009 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Great car for the money
By Kipp8302

2009 Ford Focus SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd focus and they have all been great cars. on this one I have done a few mods to it (short shifter, lowered 1.5", exhaust, intake) all of which have helped the overall performance and experience of the car. even stock the car handled very well for it's class and has great gas mileage (i maintain a 32mpg average). vast improvements over the previous models and far as comfort, sound level, performance, economy. driver comfort is great. I have done several long drives in this car with no problems. not as comfy for passengers though (not as adjustable seats). I have a kid and there is enough room for a stroller and goodies and decent back seat room for him. overall a great car.

Favorite Features

fuel economy for a cheap price, comfort and styling of coupe (has older svt focus styled bumpers) sync and usb/aux input. strong motor and transmission

Suggested Improvements

stiffer suspension and more power. with the economy the way it is now the resale isn't the best either. bought new late 08 for 16.4k and only worth about 11k now. new ones are going for less now, but definitely an car worth keeping. will run forever with basic maintained.

why buy junk?
By tomboy17603

2009 Ford Focus SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had my car 1 year now and really enjoy it. While no speed demon it has decent power. My car has just what you need power Windows, locks, a/c and Sirius satellite radio, never had it before now cant do without it. Trunk is plenty large, i do maintenance work and can fit all my tools in trunk. The main reason I got car is gas mileage, I can do 60 mph with no air and get upper 40s mpg. Yes it is mostly flat drive. I am a larger person and I am comfy in car. For a factory stereo it is really good. Overall I would recommend car to anyone.

Favorite Features

I would have to say the best features are gas mileage, Sirius satellite, fit and finish of car

Suggested Improvements

only thing I can think of is a 6 speed manual instead of the 5 speed. I could go faster and get the same great mileage.

Second Focus in Family
By born2bwild

2009 Ford Focus SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My wife drives a 2007 with low mileage, I liked the feel and pep her car had and bought my 2dr. I traded my 07 Mustang because gas was just to expense to drive to work. I drive 35 miles one way to work, the car performs real good. Quicker off the line then a Cobalt or Nissan that I rented. Stylish ride comfort is ok . Fuel mileage is great, averaging 38 MPG , did 40 mpg a couple of times and I am not light on the pedal. I would recommend the car to anyone . Stock Pirelli P 6 tires very bad in real light snow. I have 24k on the car and replaced the tires because of the way they handled. But over all quality is good and looks are great. Fun to drive and feel solidly built.

Favorite Features

MPG,handling,pep. Looks great in black and because of my issue below I put white graphic stripes on the side similar to that of the Mustang. Plus splash guards.

Suggested Improvements

I have a design flaw. Could be the wider sport tires. In front of the rear wheels after only having it 4 months and driving it on a salted road,the clear coat was riddled with little visible marks. Ford repainted & installed clear patches on both sides which are visible. Problem not solved

Love it!
By Kennon

2009 Ford Focus SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I drove Mazda 6's from 1988 till now. I drive a lot of miles every year chasing my hobbies, kids, and getting to work. For me a car must fit my body with arm rests and foot rests properly placed. I spend a minimum of two and a half hours driving every day. My cars mus not be hard to handle in windy or wet conditions. Great mileage with enough power to run cruise control on long hills are a must. This little Ford is a pleasure to drive and ride in. Mileage 37 Summer 33 Winter 87 Octane. Less on E10 by 2mpg Mixed driving. Best 41mpg on I-80 in August, Worst 29 last week at -6F

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the satellite radio. (NO stupid commercials)

Suggested Improvements

A second door panel hold point for windy days. The current location is impossible with a 45mph wind. The OEM tires are worthless even on dry pavement at -10F. Forget any thought of using them in snow.

awesome coupe
By Dennis F

2009 Ford Focus SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned several gti, 3 series, and mazda products. This is a killer coupe for the money and makes the Cobalt and Civic feel like econo rattle traps

Favorite Features

atellite radio, shifter

Suggested Improvements

none