Near-Perfect except for Tire/Road noise
By Larry on
2008 Ford Focus S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
After 2500 miles,this car is in the top 5 of cars I have owned. I have owned dozens. Surprisingly quick and agile. Factory specs say 0-60 in 8 seconds. That is not bad acceleration for getting about town and into traffic. The car will exceed the posted speed limits anywhere I have driven on mountain highways in Colorado. Drivers seat and driving position is very comfortable (I am 6'2"), although my 5'5" female passenger seat occupant thinks the center of the back of that seat is uncomfortable. I didn't get the bluetooth/synch option but the auxiliary input jack is very handy for portable audio and XM users
Favorite Features
Price, pep, handling, driver seating comfort, big trunk and folding rear seat. Relatively high seating position-- great visibility except directly to the rear; Great sounding basic stereo; Quiet, solid door close sound; Quiet except for tire/road noise. Pleasant 'power' sound when accelerating.
Suggested Improvements
Radio/CD controls are unnecessarily complex--too many buttons for safe use in traffic; Reduce road/tire noise (S model may not have as good insulation as the SE and SES) - or the noise may be the tires (Hankook); Better working/looking antenna; Leaving rear seat lighting out is too cost-cutting.