For the price, you gotta look at it.
By Sisao Tresed on
2008 Ford Focus SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
My daughter took my Honda Civic to college. She said she had fallen in love with it during the summer and it was no use to try to pry it from her hands. I had rented a few Focuses and always enjoyed their pure simple performance. went over to Ford to look at one. Finances were tight. I ended up buying an SES 2 Dr. with all the bells and whistles. The price put the imports to shame. No, it's not a Beemer or an Audi. But I bought in on my credit card! It was half the price of the cars we had looked at. It goes very well, it can corner, and it can get up and go with that smooth 5-speed. It shines up real well, and even the Pirellis hold their own on tough surfaces. I'm happy!
Favorite Features
Great looks, very peppy, and the family like all of the plug-in gismos. It gets good mileage, and it holds lots of cargo in the trunk. Engine is very quiet and the gearbox is smooth as silk. For the price of this car you simply must give it a look if you are on any kind of budget.
Suggested Improvements
Get rid of those sun visors. I am desperately trying to find aftermarket units. The trunk release is kind of a security thing for me, I have the release on the keys. The AC/heat vents are not very effective in directing air away from or towards you. Light switch is in a funky place. That's all!