2008 Ford Focus Consumer Review: Not too shabby

2008 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

SES Coupe (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Not too shabby
By alisajg on

2008 Ford Focus SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Focus to replace my nightmare VW Beetle. Overall I like it .I'm at 14,000 miles. It does well in all weather. I find the seats to be very comfortable. The seat backs are high, which is great because I'm on the tall side (for a female). The moonroof is nice, but cuts a lot of headroom in the backseat. The back seat is hard to get into with the coupe. SYNC is pretty neat, but hard to use sometimes. The brakes are terrible, and are very underpowered. The headlights are not very bright, and I'm probably going to put in some HIDs. I have beige cloth that I have worked very hard to keep clean, but I should have gotten leather. I get better than estimated MPG. Nice, smooth clutch.

Built-in Sirius, moonroof, "Euro" suspension, MPG, Perelli tires, SYNC makes life easier when it comes to the phone features, but its not user friendly with my iPod.

Better brakes (i.e. 4-wheel disc) and headlights, inside truck release, standard spare tire (was not standard on '08 models), the ambient interior lighting is net but definitely not worth $300