YOU CAN TOW WITH A FOCUS!!!!
By pythonkiller on
2008 Ford Focus SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
Almost didn't buy my Focus because they couldn't find a tow hitch to fit it, but did at the last minute. I pull a retro-looking hard side trailer filled with my possessions as I move across the country for my work (wildland firefighter). Total weight 1500 lbs and the car pulls great. Only had to downshift a couple times up the passes in CA. Sync is cool! Just hope it doesn't crash like my microsoft laptop, but so far so good. One negative is a weird gap where the trunk meets the rear quarter panel, no leaks but it may be an early assembly glitch. (I got one of the first cars of the line) My baby has been from MN to FL to CA and back to FL in this year alone, all pulling the trailer!!!
Favorite Features
The 125 HP engine is a major upgrade. 5 speed manual is fun to drive. Sync needs a little tweaking but still cool. Oil filter is easy to get to!!!! MPG while towing:20-25
Suggested Improvements
Spare tire, control consol very busy if you are new to it, body styling could improve (rear spoiler is not kidding anyone!) but hey...the car is an economy model, not a street racer!