Exceeding max MPG
By Dave on
2008 Ford Focus S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
After being shot down by Massachusetts car dealers, I purchased my Focus SE in Salem NH. As advertised, the car had a mileage range from 29 mpg to 41mpg. Sticker average was 35 mpg. I found that the 5 speed manual transmission outperforms the 4 speed automatic. With 80% highway driving at 2500 RPM, just over 65 MPH, I average 41 mpg, easily. I once had this car performing better in the mileage catergory at 55 MPH. I actually attained 42.6 mpg. This is the reason I purchased the car. I am totally satisfied with it. It's also fun to drive. I wonder if Ford will Offer a 6 speed manual transmission in future models.
Favorite Features
Sirius sattelite radio is new to me but I do like it. The car is quick and I've got to be careful not to burn rubber. Shifting on the fly is excellent. Visibility is very good.
Suggested Improvements
There is way too much chrome on the front end. Spoiler should be available on all models. The "Focus" decal on the doors, as seen in the flyer should be made available sooner. The car looks sporty and improvements on decor at in order