Consider The Focus vs, Civic and Corolla
By Alan on
2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I traded for my Focus 4 weeks ago. I test drove both the Focus and a used Corolla. The SE Focus had a more modern interior and with the Sync System beat the Toyota S-Type hands down. The Focus lacked the accelleration of the Toyota, but the new Focus with sunroof, spoiler, Sirius and Sync was $2K less. I took the Focus on a 1600 mile business trip and am only more pleased. I am a conservative driver, but I still maintian 65 to 70 MPH highway speeds. My average fuel econony for the trip was 36 MPG even burning 10% ethanol for half the trip. Commuting nets >32MPG. Trunk space was ample and you have the option of dropping the rear seats if needed. Looks are fine. In summary, I love my Focus!
Favorite Features
Fuel economy, you'd have to step up to a hybrid for much better. Sync and Sirius radio. Good visibility and access is easy through the doors. The roofline is higher than my Infiniti. sedan. Performace has improved as break-in has completed. Engine maintenance access is good for a modern car.
Suggested Improvements
Ford needs to provide HD radio. The music information system display doesn't provide information on the artist and song being played. I really miss an outdoor thermometer. The tilt steering could use more play and I plan on shimming up the front seat bolts to elevate my legs.