Best car in its class!
By TrueReview on
2008 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
Early this year, I purchased an all base model 2008 Ford Focus. I drive a whole lot and need something with good mileage but also family safe since we had our first baby on the way. We drove everything in its class and spent at least a good month researching what would fit us best. I have a strong dis-taste for most Asian vehicles, but even so we test drove the Civic, Fit, Corolla, Echo, Yaris, Impreza etc etc. We ended up picking the Focus for its great value and still the best mileage overall. Rated better than the Aveo! I drive this vehicle every day and love it to death! Its great fun to drive, spacious for a little car and still smooth and powerful! Very safe too. Great job Ford!
Favorite Features
Almost perfect manual transmission, aluminum engine block makes it very light and improves mileage in the summer because it runs so cool. Huge trunk. Great suspension. Nice seat set up for diver, very commanding view of the road. Safety. Great sound insulation.
Suggested Improvements
Put some carpet on the doors, too much plastic. Whistles with certain crosswinds sometimes on freeway. Wish they had a AWD option. Manual windows not thought through well, I hit my knuckles on the door tray every time I wind them up or down, I'm a big guy. Stock tires (Hankook Optimo) stink.