2008 Ford Focus Consumer Review: At 30 K starting to get worrie

2008 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

S Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

At 30 K starting to get worried
By UH oh on

2008 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 1st us car but took the plunge. At 1st noticed the acceleration seemed off but I figured perhaps this was an us car thing (hesitation&jump). At 20 k tune up was told the transmission fluid was low (hmm). At 30 k tune up asked them to check transmission & said acceleration led 2 hesitation (bad 4 hwy merging) gears were fixed under warranty. Noted raw gas odor and rotten egg odor abt 10x in yr in stop/start city traffic. Listened to svc mgr mumbo abt computers&catalytic converters reconfiguring then he mentioned other complaints about the rotten egg smell. Sounds like bad computer programming 2 me? Will this last 20 yrs like my Nissan or Toyota? Hmm. I pray to the ceo at Ford. Help.

lots of cute things and hi tech stuff that doesn't help reliability which is all I care about. Gas mileage pretty good so far.

car trunk open button.Better materials on gears and transmission? A longer warranty on the transmission w/ no increase in price?