2008 Ford Focus Consumer Review: At 30 K starting to get worrie

2008 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Review

At 30 K starting to get worried
By UH oh on

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 1st us car but took the plunge. At 1st noticed the acceleration seemed off but I figured perhaps this was an us car thing (hesitation&jump). At 20 k tune up was told the transmission fluid was low (hmm). At 30 k tune up asked them to check transmission & said acceleration led 2 hesitation (bad 4 hwy merging) gears were fixed under warranty. Noted raw gas odor and rotten egg odor abt 10x in yr in stop/start city traffic. Listened to svc mgr mumbo abt computers&catalytic converters reconfiguring then he mentioned other complaints about the rotten egg smell. Sounds like bad computer programming 2 me? Will this last 20 yrs like my Nissan or Toyota? Hmm. I pray to the ceo at Ford. Help.

lots of cute things and hi tech stuff that doesn't help reliability which is all I care about. Gas mileage pretty good so far.

car trunk open button.Better materials on gears and transmission? A longer warranty on the transmission w/ no increase in price?