Used 2008 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

its ok, not great!
By its ok!

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 2008 Ford Focus SE has 18,900 i've already replace a heater motor, it keeps stalling at idle but the dealership can never seem to find a problem with that. My newest found problem is now my rear end is squeaking and when i hit the brakes the car shoots to the left, again the dealership finds nothing wrong with it ever! i would own a ford again but not a focus its cheaply made! not worth the 14k your buying it for!

Favorite Features

Sync, design, fuel economy!

Suggested Improvements

suspension, engine and the quality of the car.

Great Car!
By Nicki

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My husband and I needed a new car that got good gas mileage. We bought our Ford Focus in March 2008 and love it!! The gas mileage is awesome! While on road trips we can get 38 mpg!! Now that's not too common. We usually get around 34 average MPG and with bad weather in the winter, obviously the MPG drops because of using the heater. But it's still good, about 31 MPG in winter!! :-)

Favorite Features

Fun to drive! Gas mileage is great!

Suggested Improvements

??

great car
By mj

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my Focus with 11 miles on it in may of 08 it now is approaching 60,000 miles all commuter driving. Have had very little problems heater motor replaced under warranty the dealer has been great SYNC is great it is not the best handling car but the price and fuel mileage make up for that. I am trading her in when the new Focus comes out

Favorite Features

mileage, fun to drive, reliable

Suggested Improvements

handling it is not the greatest when you take your eyes off the road.

Got it new just gets better
By sparkman7x7

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 08 Focus SES all bells and whistles new, Red love it; I drive 2000 miles a week to work and home; since July 08 I have near 49000 miles on it; no complaints; second set of tires; ran over a 18 wheeler tire carcus on I30 last fall; thought it would destroy the front; but no you can hardly see were it went under; no damage resulted; 5/1100 mile trips to Texas to visit our children; with our two small dogs no problems plenty of room; me 320lbs 6'1" better half 4'11" maybe 110lbs wet. Great car....

Favorite Features

sun roof; great sound system; leather seats; styling; gas mileage; mileage; mileage; average 35+

Suggested Improvements

sporter outside mirrors; move the emergency brake handle to the other side of the console; turn window lock switch sideways; I think a two door convertible would be fantastic....

dont buy a ford focus
By rob

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i purchased my focus with 27000 miles on it at 38000 out of warrenty wheel bearing in front was bad,at same time carrier bearing was bad making lould noise,heres the kicker ford wont sell just the bearing you have to buy the whole driveshaft cost to repair 800.00.do yourself a favor buy a honda

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

redesign it to be dependable