2008 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Awesome car to own
By bradh70 on 01/26/09 23:55 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a very nice handling car. It gets great fuel mileage. I owned a 2001 Focus that I hated, it had every proplem in the world. The 2008 Focus is extremly well built. I would recomend this car to anyone. The only problem is the leg room in the back seat is tight and there is no rear seat dome light. That's all I can say bad about the car.

Do Not Buy One
By cchrisman on 01/24/09 16:38 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The automatic transmission has problems with this vehicle. Stay away from it. I bought a 2008 Focus program car last week with 11,000 miles on it. I thought it drove very nice, etc., when I test drove it. I was not really familiar with how it was to actually perform. Driving a loaner vehicle of same type 2008 Focus SE automatic transmission, I knew something was wrong with the one I purchased. I was told by the dealership nothing was wrong with the transmission, even though the engine screams at 60 mhp because it is not shifting, I was told the car would acclimate itself to me, and shift after it got used to me? Do not buy one, this transmission problem is on the net. Last Ford for me

Great Features
By NSR on 01/08/09 22:04 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 2001 Focus which I bought used. It had about 130,000 miles on it and I was in need of something new, with gas prices what they were I went with the SES Focus power everything is the only way to go. Best choice of a car ever, plenty of room, pepy, good on gas and gets a lot of looks. I added a few hidden emergency lights to it for my business and when I turn them on I get a lot of ooooing and ohhhhing from people. It's a very sharp vehicle for a work vehicle. Also just added a HID coversion kit for my headlights, this is a great improvement to the safety and the look of the car at night

Not a bad little car
By larrh7 on 12/13/08 09:27 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This isn't a bad little car. It isn't a 10 or even a 9. Now think of it. Bo was a 10. Like everyone else it should have a trunk release. How stupid can you be Ford. The seating is great for my short wife. She can see out rather well. I fit in just fine to and I'm 6' 235. The milage isn't what it should be. My wife just drives at around 60 and she hasn't gotten 30MPG yet like people on here are claiming. They should be able to get better than this with the poochy 4 cylinder. I have an old 95 Corrola that has 150000 on it and it get 37 MPG. Like I said this isn't a bad little car for the money but it isn't a 10.

Awesome
By Sagar on 12/10/08 08:08 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I must say that Ford has improved in building the vehicles. The ride is very comfortable and it gives the right gas mileage. The looks are cool and interior lights are awesome. The engine is very quiet compared to the older models of Focus. I chose Ford over Toyota and Nissan.

Good choose
By smitty on 12/09/08 07:13 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We like our Focus. The mileage is 41 highway & 30 city, very good for an automatic. Have a squeak in suspenison is hand brake cable in hanger in front of rear axle. Ford has a fix a new grommet. We think it is a very good buy for the price. Looked at Toyota, Nissan, Vibe, Mazda

Great Mileage
By fred on 11/18/08 07:19 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was driving a Ford 250 4X4 diesel and when fuel got to 5.25/gallon bought a Ford Focus SE loaded for beater car and love it. Tried Toyota, Altima, and prefered the Focus. Great car for price.

Ford Focus S
By Papasrx on 11/06/08 16:16 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Since I purchased this vehicle I have averaged a consistant 37MPG over 13000 miles driven but I drive mostly highway. It is an automatic transmission and the ride for a compact is excellent. I can say that it is not a Honda Civic but it costs 6K less. I would say for the money there is no better buy on the market.

Fun in the sun!
By BenAZ on 11/02/08 19:29 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It has been a fun drive so far. I love to take turns at fast speeds, and not hear a tire squeak. It has plenty of power and can be pretty zippy.

Focus Lives Up
By Bill on 10/21/08 09:16 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car does exactly what I expected it to do. Delivers very acceptable ride and performance with exceptional mpg. No issues or dissapointments. Just utilitarian transportation at a very reasonble expense.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Ford Focus Sedan in NJ is:

$217 per month*