2008 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
CHEWING UP MY TIRES.
By Hawkeye597 on 09/28/09 10:17 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car, but it is chewing up the tires. At 30,000 miles I put on a new set of tires. Now 12,000 miles later it appears I need to replace more tires. I have them rotated at every oil change. But I can now see obvious wear and it appears that the car is out of alignment, since it has a wicked shake at around 65 mph. Car is great but it is eating up the tires.

39 Thousand miles today 1.5 years
By sparkman7x7 on 09/24/09 14:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Little red jewel; leather seating; love it; 32 to 39 MPG never below 32; I'm 6 ft 300lbs; it rides great; been on 5 1000 mile trips; 2500 miles a week to work and back; lots of room for me the wife and our poodle; second set of tires no problems at all; better than Honda or Toyota's we have had; drive one before decide on a small car; did I mention it has more leg room than any other small car we looked at, and that is pretty much all of them...

Totally Impressed
By Bigdawg1976 on 09/11/09 19:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a 2001 Ford Focus ZX4 and was so impressed, I bought another one. The 01 handled like a slot-car while the 08 handles more like a rear wheel sports' car. The gas mileage in the 08 is quite a bit better than the 01. The fit and finish on both cars were good. Very impressed with SYNC. We have 2 cell phones and SYNC seamlessly works with both. The only thing I would change is the inside door handles on the coupe, which is in an awkward spot. Forget iPods - I have all my tunes in a thumb-drive and I can tell SYNC what to play, how cool is that??

solid peppy ride
By WHODUNIT on 09/07/09 00:20 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

first thing i noticed about the focus ses was the feeling of a solid built vehicle and then the peppiness of the 4 cyclinder motor. it is a looker, goes good at highway speeds. more fun to drive than my girlfriends crossfire, excellent little car with alot of good features.

Don't buy!!!!
By frusterated at ford on 08/26/09 22:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Biggest mistake I ever made, was buying a Ford Focus. Its used up 17 tires in 80000 km. 3 of the tires were legit, due to nails found. But the remaining were due to bad alignment, crappy suspension, and dust/dirt in rims. I will never buy a Ford product again. Also, the amount of dust that gets through the stripping around the doors is insane. My car is always filthy but I was told thats just a Ford Focus, its how they're made. Its fun to drive and good on gas, but its the biggest mistake I have ever purchased.

Best Car Ever
By Elizabeth on 08/19/09 23:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for over a year and have had no problems. It is very fun to drive, and like most Ford's, it has a lot of power. Being a coupe there is still a lot of room for passengers and the trunk is huge. Small and easy to get in and out of parking spaces, especially good for college parking. Easy to control and steer. Great design inside and out. This model is much more appealing than the earlier and even later models. Overall a great buy and would not want anything else.

Good car for what it is:
By tattude on 08/04/09 13:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've put 32,000 miles on my 2008 Focus and have had zero problems. The Ipod, sat radio, and sync are really cool features for such a low cost sedan. All and all, you can't get a better more fun, cool car for the money.

Love my Focus!
By Blynn on 07/13/09 16:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have grown up on Fords. My first car was a Chevy-had it for 9 months and switched to my Focus no questions asked. This car feels solid. I can take corners like there is nothing to it. Drives easily. Comfortable on the inside, beautiful outside. This is a car I will drive until the day it dies...then I'll go get a new one. I love this car. I have never felt safer while driving. Never been more comfortable about driving it hard. If you don't have one of these-get one!

Great Daily Driver
By ChrisV on 07/08/09 14:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for little less than 6 months after acquiring it from a family relative. The car has treated me well so far through the later part of the winter, spring and now into summer. Gas mileage is decent, comfort is excellent, highway noise is minimal, drivetrain noise is minimal. I have an automatic which shifts smoothly for the most part but is jerky when under hard quick acceleration. The car is unfortunately terribly slow (even compared to my 94 VW GTI 2.0l). It keeps me out of trouble though. Handling is pretty good for stock suspension. And lastly the interior build is decent, the seats could use more support and better materials.

It WAS ok until...
By beckyk on 07/02/09 11:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for a year and a half now and was mostly pleased with it until I had to take it in for a tire rotation only to find out that the suspension/alignment is TERRIBLE on most ford focus's. With only 30,000 miles on my tires I was forced to buy all new ones. So I was not pleased with that. Only a year left on my lease and will definitely be trading this in, probably for something other than ford, unfortunately...

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.