2008 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Good Starter Car
By JPH on 05/08/09 16:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My dad bought this vehicle for me as a graduation gift and for college. It drives great and i don't spend much on gas, which is great for a college kid. It has great handling and decent acceleration for 140 hp.

very satisfied
By bockman on 05/02/09 20:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Seeing the ever rising gas prices forced me to get rid of my 15 mpg averaging Equinox. I was going to look at the 4 cylinder Escape but the Focus caught my eye. I love the car overall. I took it for 2 long trips already. The gas mileage is phenomenal. The engine is smooth during acceleration and is barely audible at cruising speeds. It also has enough power to keep up with traffic whether it being with one or 5 passengers aboard. Great car overall. The SYNC system is awesome. It's the best feature Ford ever came up with especially with a new cell phone ban while driving law that is coming to Ontario.

Absolutely wonderful little car!
By lovemyfocus on 04/30/09 11:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

First, I want to thank everyone who put a review for this car online... when I was looking, I really wanted a hatch (Honda Fit). However, after driving the Fit, I was very disappointed and decided to keep looking. We drove home past a Ford dealership, and I remembered all the rave reviews of the Focus (I wanted something small for gas mileage). They had 3 Focus-es on the lot, and we test drove the SES. I absolutely loved the car - it handles better than the Fit, turns more smoothly, accelerates faster, and is very easy to drive and understand. (Sadly, no hatchback or "magic" seats - figured those were not things I'd actually use on a daily basis.) 1 year later & I still LOVE this car!

08 Focus SE
By Justintime on 04/28/09 16:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Gas milage is great getting 35 to 40 mpg with mostly hwy driving. Sync software works great for the cost of the car its very impressive. Great Daily driver!

still very tight
By rfruscel on 04/28/09 15:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned this 2008 focus since june 2008. I have 11k miles with absolutely no problems. No rattles or anything..still very tight. I can achieve 40mpg on highway trips if I keep the speed at or below 65mph. The automatic transmission is nice and smooth. great quality all around for the price.

I love my Focus - ex 250 truck owner
By BBro on 04/14/09 04:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had to do something, diesel fuel was over $4 a gallon and I was only visiting jobs to check them out for bidding, no more hauling materials so I couldn't justify spending the $ on fuel for the nive luxury big mans man truck. So my daughter was learning to drive and we went down to Ford and drove all the small to mid sixe vehicles and we loved the Focus and it's been a year now that we've had it. If my daughter ends up taking it I will have to decide on getting a second Focus.

In the shop
By cornbreed on 04/04/09 21:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My focus has 8000 miles on it. I take care of my cars. Face it you need a car to get you back in forth to work. while i was driving my foucus started making this popping sound? Then it sounded like the front drive train was going to fall out from under the car so i pulled over to check it out an the engine was viberating the hole car. took it to the shop to find out both motor mounts had broken. besides that its been a good little car.

Great Car
By AMM on 03/25/09 16:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car about a year ago and so far, no complaints. I originally test drove a Sentra, Civic, Corolla and a Mazda3 before buying the Focus. The Focus just felt a little more solid and very quiet on the inside. The Focus lacked pep, but after a year of driving, I think it's gotten a little quicker now that it's broken in. After a year it is still very quiet, no rattles or squeeks. I have had no problems whatsoever and I am definitely glad I purchased the Focus over the competition. It is a well built car, fun to drive, has great features, and was very inexpensive. $16,700 out the door!

Great car for the price
By BLM on 03/13/09 10:14 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Replaced my 2005 Escape which I loved - but needed better gas mileage. Boy did I get my money's worth! I have gotten as high as 42 mpg on a long trip, and even regular commute nets anywhere from 35 mpg to 39 mpg depending on how fast highway traffic is moving. I got the 5-speed standard - it's less expensive and way more fun to drive - you can really take off in a hurry when you need to. Loved my Escape - but this little gem is really winning me over - I'd replace it with another Focus in a heartbeat when the time comes!

Reconsider Before You Buy
By kssnflwr on 03/02/09 10:15 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am thoroughly disappointed with this vehicle and the service I have/haven't received! I have already had to replace door seals, tires at 17,000 miles, have a clunking noise they "can't replicate", and it already didn't want to start at 29,000. I'm on the road for 2 hrs. 5 days a week in this vehicle and though the gas mileage is good, it's an uncomfortable ride. Hardly any leg room for riders in the back seat. Dealership never wants to work very hard to figure out what the problems are. Told them I wouldn't buy another one, and they said that's ok. Service mgr. said Focus still has a suspension problem and that's why I have a tire issue, but didn't offer to do anything about it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Ford Focus Sedan in WA is:

$158 per month*