Used 2008 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Focus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

love it but nervous
By stacey

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car with 34,000 miles on it. It looks amazing but lately I've been noticing it drives funny. Like its stuck halfway between n and d. But it's not. Kinda chugs sometimes when accelerating and after reading some other bad reviews I'm a bit nervous. I had the problem with the door not opening from the outside. It was covered under warranty thankfully. And I'm praying my tires don't go as fast as some others I've read about. I just bought 4 new tires. Very expensive. But overall aside from my nervousness of what lies ahead for it. I am very happy with it at the time. I'd recommend the 2008 Focus.

Favorite Features

chrome handles and detailing, moonroof, blue lighting.

Suggested Improvements

louder stereo!! fix tire and chugging issues and whatever else like that.

2008 Focus ses
By Jon Baumbach

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Nice car, great gas mileage, plenty of power, fun to drive, blower speed switch replaced, front brake pads too hard you can feel them through the brake pedal, road noise from tires ( Pirelli brand ), no handle to close trunk lid, no dome light for back seat.

Favorite Features

Sync system, average gas mileage readout on dash, moon roof, ambient lighting, auto dim rear view miror, heated mirors

Suggested Improvements

Quieter ride, handle to pull down trunk lid, dome light for back seat, cover underside of rear window deck in trunk

Focus eats tires
By JJ

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love the car, except that I have had the rear tires replaced once, and they're shot again. Dealer is telling me it needs an alignment. I'll see if that works. The rear tires keep getting cupped. Also, the car is dangerous to drive in snow; the rear does NOT want to follow the front. Perhaps that is also alignment- we'll see next winter. When it was going to snow, I drove my gas drinking pickup truck. Not everybody has that option. Other than that, and the headrests designed by the Marquis De Sade, I love the car. Great mileage; I'm all expressway, and a lead foot- 33-34 mpg at 75. On a road trip the car pushed 38. Nice.

Favorite Features

Good power, mpg, decent ride. Nice looking car.

Suggested Improvements

Fix rear suspension issues! Get adjustment in the headrests to get my chin off my chest. Hard to drink a pop the way it pushes your head forward.

P.O.S.
By Meredith

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

At about 35,200 my car started "shuddering" really badly and began acting like it was going to stall while in park or at a stoplight. I took it to the dealership immediately (Covert Ford) as it was still under warranty. Strangely, they could not find anything wrong with it. The problem is still there and gets gradually worse everyday. Today, at 36,400 miles, my check engine light came on, so it's going back to the dealership first thing in the morning.

Favorite Features

SYNC, Bluetooth

Suggested Improvements

Non-plastic pieces on the doors, better reliability, faster engine, rear windshield wiper, interior temperature gauge, more overhead lighting in the back.

Hate It
By wichita kansas

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

What is it about the tires? Very angry on the third set of tires, not the most comfortable car actually awful! Never, never would I buy another one!