Used 2008 Ford Focus Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Focus Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Still just a nice car 20,000 later
By 50 Something old guy

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Still a nice little car after 20,000 miles. Still averaging 30mpg mixed driving. Got as high as 37mpg on along road trip. Still no squeks, no rattles and still a hoot to drive. No service except for oil changes and tire rotations. Maybe the lite truck guys did have something to do with this baby Ford. Looks good, goes great. 180,000 miles more and I'll know if it's been built Ford tough like my Ford trucks.

Nice looks, good performance

Front driver's seat needs help. I just can't seem to find a way to get really comfy

Great car. Fun. Cheap!
By James C

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it used with 3000 kms on it. Black 2door with the dark interior. 5 speed. Fun and nimble in turns. I am planning to add the 2009 2door coupe rear roof spoiler and a 3d carbon body kit to it for looks. Other than that it's an excellent car that is easy to drive and I send anyone I know that is looking at a new car to go look at it and test one! The motor is not a barn burner, but will hold you at 140km/h all day and not think about it! would love to add a 6 speed (overdrive) but hey- it's a $15000 car not a $25000 one. Its handling is not a Lambo but it takes everything I toss at it and I havn't gotten it on 2 wheels yet!

SYNC. Hands free is great! The drivers seat is height adjustable too! I am 6'4 and fit with extra room! I recomend looking at the leather befor you buy it. I didn't like it but some do. I think it has a Volvo sport look thing when looking down the front side!

Better display of sat/radio info (better text display!) , Better headlight output. As for the lack of trunk release, If you have remote power trunk and want an inside the car button (doesn't have one)-ask your local dealer to install!

Nice little car for the money!
By Laura from SF

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Nearly bought a used Corolla for my daughter after her Accord was totaled (not her fault). I am so glad I checked the newspaper and saw the great rebates Ford was offering, this car cost less that than the Corolla and had so much more to offer in terms of gadgets and safety features. The performance is quite peppy and have not has any issues since purchased. The car is cute and turns a lot of heads, they always ask what it is and are pleasantly surprised to find out it's a Ford. I feel comforatable with my daughter driving back and forth from college with this car. It's got six airbags. I enjoy driving it too, when I get the chance.

My daughter enjoys all of the gadgets, trunk space is good for a small car. Good mileage.

Interior trunk release would be nice!

Cool Little Package
By J. Stiles

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great car. Love to drive it when I can get it away from my wife. Excellent mileage. Good performance for a 2.0 litre. Styling turns heads and gets compliments. The toys inside rock. It's a total 21st century rig. Lots of room for the size of the vehicle. Overall, we love this car.

Mileage, driveability, and styling

Minor negatives: Sun visors very flimsy and weak. No inside trunk release. No shoulder belt adjustment.

Cost average with gas versus my Expedition
By Tnerb

2008 Ford Focus Coupe S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So far I'm pleased with the car. I purchased it with the thought that I would cut my fuel consumption for my Expedition. Gas was $4.25 when I bought. I took a trip to Carlsbad caverns and also to the Grand Canyon, my weekend trip was in excess of 1300 miles. My dislike: Radio has an XM button I'm unable to add XM to the radio or any of the Sync options, there is no upgrade other than going to a higher cost on the vehicle. Cruise control: Engineers this is a gas miser add cruise? No spare, yes you save weight, break down in the desert New Mexico see if you walk out. No aftermarket, no cruise, no radio and who knows about a spare. Other than that I like.

Gas mileage

Add spare or donut tire, break down in New Mexico and the engineers testing it won't walk out in 120 degree heat. Add cruise to low end models this is a gas miser help us suckers who have taken a $20K hit on or Expeditions and pickups. Radio and sync add to all the cars no matter the model