2008 Ford Focus Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Solid - Quick - Smooth
By Dave on 05/03/08 06:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When I test drove my Focus I was surprised at how well it drove. It accelerates well and the automatic transmission is one of the smoothest I've ever felt. I drove a Mazda 3 automatic and the downshift was quite abrupt. The Focus downshift is controlled and smooth. Also, this car handles curves excellently. You can keep pushing the throttle on a curve and the car stays on it without body roll. Because of the performance, options and rebate I think it was a good purchase. If you are looking for an inexpensive, fuel efficient, zippy and solid vehicle I recommend this car.

Adorable Car for the perfect price!
By Eleshia on 04/21/08 10:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am absolutely in love with this car! It's adorable and fun to drive. Handles great on small, curvy roads. Grabs a lot of attention from other drivers. Gas mileage has been improving since I bought the car (with only 42 miles on it.) It's up to an average of 25 mpg. Features and add ons are fun. Audiophile sound system sounds sweet and precise. Ambient lights add a little extra to the somewhat bland interior. I love the moonroof. Also, back seats are extremely roomy and comforable for a small coupe. Huge trunk space even with a subwoofer!

Near-Perfect except for Tire/Road noise
By Larry on 04/16/08 16:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After 2500 miles,this car is in the top 5 of cars I have owned. I have owned dozens. Surprisingly quick and agile. Factory specs say 0-60 in 8 seconds. That is not bad acceleration for getting about town and into traffic. The car will exceed the posted speed limits anywhere I have driven on mountain highways in Colorado. Drivers seat and driving position is very comfortable (I am 6'2"), although my 5'5" female passenger seat occupant thinks the center of the back of that seat is uncomfortable. I didn't get the bluetooth/synch option but the auxiliary input jack is very handy for portable audio and XM users

Great job Ford on a good car!
By Robert Cooper on 04/10/08 12:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is great on gas. I'm getting 34-35 MPG drive both city and highway. I drive 36 miles one way to work 6 days a week. It also has a good sound system in it.

Just a nice car
By 50 Someting old guy on 04/09/08 16:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

All things considered just a nice little car. It's easy on the eyes and on fuel, double what I got in my 1999 F-150.That's not a big surprise, but the handling is. It's much better then most of the imports in its price range and better equipped. I have not driven a car on a regular basis for more than 15 years, it reminds me of my 6 cylinder Mustang (1965) but with pick- up and way better handling. 30 mpg so far in mix of highway and city driving and no trouble keeping up with traffic or passing at 70 mph. Ya-hoo, fun and furgle. Let's see if it's as bullet proof as all my Ford trucks.

46 year old found driving fun again
By HUGH LOWENSTEIN on 03/28/08 17:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Pure enjoyment and cost savings at the pump during these expensive times behind the wheel. With extra cash at the end of the month this car is a win-win situation. Very rare these days with all the blah, blah hype in the auto industry. This ride is honest and realistic in our current economy today. The faster you go the more fuel you'll need. But fast is what it likes best.

Love my Focus
By billd100 on 03/27/08 12:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Only had it a month. Mileage in mixed driving is 32 mpg. I got the Deluxe package which provides for better handling. Amazed at the standard equipment on such an economy car. Car is comfortable and roomy and I like it much better than most of the others in its class. It drives similarly to the VW Golf we rented in England a few years back. Don't care for the Pirelli P6 tires as we live where it gets cold and the traction in snow and ice is less than desirable.

Ford is Focused
By Ford is Focused on 03/26/08 06:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

If this the car that Ford is betting on for the future of its company, it's off to a great start. In my 30 years of driving, I've never owned a Ford. it was the best choice I could have made for my first Ford purchase. The handling, the style, the comfort, have made it a complete package worthy of calling it a Ford. Old Henry Ford would be proud of it. I've had nothing but praises by peple that have rode in it and those that look at it. I'm proud of what our American car companies can do when they set thier minds to it. Ford is really focused on building a quality product. Keep up the good work. I love my car.

I am happy
By wilsons on 03/13/08 23:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is great! I drive 100 miles a day mostly highway and have been getting 35+ mpg. Very fun to drive, with a well thought out interior. Handles very well.

Luxury & economy
By Kathy on 01/30/08 15:51 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

An incredibly fun economy car. Good styling inside & out. Economy with a luxury feel. I love my car!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.