Used 2008 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 252 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

2008 Ford Focus
By poejenk

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for almost a year, and I love it. It has about 26,000 miles on it now. I've driven it mostly short distances, but have also driven long distances as well and it performs great. I even drove it during Snowmaggedon 2009 on the East Coast and the handling was excellent. I've never had any problems with anything the previous reviewers have mentioned. In fact, mechanics have complemented me on how good everything on the car looks! Absolutely no mechanical problems or issues with tire wear or alignment.

Fun to drive, love the Sync and stereo, comfortable ride, great gas mileage. No idea why people have an issue with the stereo, I think it's fine. If it's not loud enough, you have hearing problems.

You have to yank a little on the door handles, my mom always thinks the door is still locked because she has to pull so hard.

Great Car!
By 2008focusdude

2008 Ford Focus SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a black one with sunroof and it turned out to be one of the best vehicles I've ever had. Sporty looking with those alloy rims and the car rides well. I've never had a new car so this was the first, and wow, what a great experience to have this car. I probably will keep it FE because I purchased it brand new and original owner. If you're considering this vehicle, think about all the miles you get with this. That was huge for me, but then again, I love the car.

Sun roof, 6 disc CD, Sirius Radio, folding back seats so can fit larger items in trunk.

Happy
By new owner

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just got the car last week. Love it so far. Haven't noticed many problems. Dealer replaced tires when I purchased it, original tires were shot after 44,000 miles. Love the stereo controls on the wheel. Needs a light for the back seat. Needs trunk button inside car. Wish gas cap was on driver side. Trunk is hard to open, seems too heavy.

stereo, comfortable seats, smooth ride

trunk release button, better tires, less complicated light controls

Great Value
By Josh

2008 Ford Focus SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great little car, gas mileage is very good. seems to be reliable, 50,000 miles with nothing wrong even using original tires. it did have a lot of squeaking coming from suspension and break lines that i had to lubricate. the options compared to Toyota or Honda is not even comparable, and after test driving all three it wasn't even a question. definitely recommend spending a little extra on the ses or sel.

Sync is awesome leather seats gas mileage ride quality engine, it's not a sports car but i would take the mpg over 20 hp any day.

Interior Plastics scratch very easily no trunk latch inside squeaky suspension exterior paint is very low quality

Great American Made Car
By Craig

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I read a lot of negatives in the reviews, but I don't see any, this car it's comfortable, fast and fun. Corners with the best of them, great seats, good looking. The tires, they are in fashion, that was the intent. I'll replace them when they ware out with longer lasting touring tires, the performance tires it came with are not my 1st choice. I'm so sick of the import bias, I had a Honda and a Toyota and they both had major problems. the bias comes from the fact that they are new cars, keep your Toyota for 8-12 yrs and it will fall apart too. I had a escort se and I old it @ 170,000 miles with no major problems.

the ride, great 5 spd smooth shifting, gas mileage, cornering

Made with a normal sized radio so if you want to upgrade its not such a problem. Replaced the stock speakers with kickers.