2008 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
dont buy a ford focus
By rob on 12/01/09 05:19 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i purchased my focus with 27000 miles on it at 38000 out of warrenty wheel bearing in front was bad,at same time carrier bearing was bad making lould noise,heres the kicker ford wont sell just the bearing you have to buy the whole driveshaft cost to repair 800.00.do yourself a favor buy a honda

I love my Ford Focus!
By DeeDido on 11/21/09 17:44 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love the color. the moonroof, SYNC, leather seats, alloy wheels, ac, cruise, ipod port, stereo rocks compared to the subaru i got rid of, 5 cup holders, fog lights, the design of the dashboard console is cool, trunk light, automatically dimming rear view mirror. It has a smooth ride. I sounds cool when you start it up. It came with oil changes for life. It looks cool. folding rear seats. All of things make this car better than average for a small car. Oh yeah and 35 mpg!

Dirve it hard
By Mike S. on 11/17/09 08:41 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Focus. I keep it serviced and have had no isssues with tires or alignment. I drive it pretty hard and it responds great with great handling in curves ( really holds tight ). Have driven it long distances with no issues and great gas mileage. I drive 60 miles a day round trip to work and average 33 mpg even with the way I like to drive.

My baaaaaby!
By Jordan on 11/08/09 11:58 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car, so much. It is fun and sleek, very stylish. It drives like a dream, and I feel safe in it. I'm at 20000 miles and Its doing good. A great little car.

Be careful when buying a Focus
By Irriserv on 10/23/09 13:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall the Ford Focus is a nice fun to drive small car with nice looks and great MPG. The build quality seem ok however there are design problems and areas that Ford cut corners to save money that you will pay for. One of the most noticeable areas is they left off the spare tire. So if you get a flat reach into your wallet and expect to pay for a tow. The other areas that we have found is that the defective door latch that will keep you from getting in the car is still a problem since the first focus. Also there is no seal on the break cable so it will sound like an old buggy if you drive on dirt roads. Nice car but I wish I bought a Toyota instead. I would have saved hassle.

Love my Focus - but not its radio
By Susan S. on 10/16/09 11:47 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am very happy with the purchase of my 2008 Focus SES except for 1 thing. It came with the Moon and Tune Package. But the treble on the radio fades in and out constantly. A mechanic rode with me and told me it's because my Sirius-capable radio is being interrupted by all the towers in the area and the only possible fix would be to renew my subscription. It drives me crazy. Does anyone else have this problem? Not sure I agree with him.

I bought a lemon!
By crystalb on 10/14/09 19:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car new. At 33,000 miles I have replaced the tires, had several minor problems fixed, and as of today, I have my third transmission. After the repairs and frequent tows, I have contacted Ford. But, instead of helping, they congratulated me on buying the extended warranty. I have always owned Ford products, but after today and Ford's response to my lemon, I will not own another Ford once I can get rid of this one.

Awesome Car
By Josh on 10/03/09 23:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Focus. I have had no issues with it yet. It has almost 24000 miles. I've taken it every 3000 to get the oil changed and got routine service done to it. I got up to 49 MPG hwy. From Louisville, KY to Morehead, KY I averaged 41 MPG. It's just like any other car- you have to take care of it. If you drive it aggressively, just with any car, there is more of a chance with something going wrong with it. I have had no problems and no complaints. I put maybe $20 in per week. I worked for a honda dealership and I would much rather drive a focus than a civic. Bottom line: good purchase. I am going to drive mine until it falls apart! I am very happy with ford. Buy American!

CHEWING UP MY TIRES.
By Hawkeye597 on 09/28/09 10:17 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car, but it is chewing up the tires. At 30,000 miles I put on a new set of tires. Now 12,000 miles later it appears I need to replace more tires. I have them rotated at every oil change. But I can now see obvious wear and it appears that the car is out of alignment, since it has a wicked shake at around 65 mph. Car is great but it is eating up the tires.

39 Thousand miles today 1.5 years
By sparkman7x7 on 09/24/09 14:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Little red jewel; leather seating; love it; 32 to 39 MPG never below 32; I'm 6 ft 300lbs; it rides great; been on 5 1000 mile trips; 2500 miles a week to work and back; lots of room for me the wife and our poodle; second set of tires no problems at all; better than Honda or Toyota's we have had; drive one before decide on a small car; did I mention it has more leg room than any other small car we looked at, and that is pretty much all of them...

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.