Used 2008 Ford Focus Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

My baaaaaby!
By Jordan

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car, so much. It is fun and sleek, very stylish. It drives like a dream, and I feel safe in it. I'm at 20000 miles and Its doing good. A great little car.

Favorite Features

The line in for my iPod. Would be lost without it.

Suggested Improvements

A Spare Tire, that might be nice.

Be careful when buying a Focus
By Irriserv

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall the Ford Focus is a nice fun to drive small car with nice looks and great MPG. The build quality seem ok however there are design problems and areas that Ford cut corners to save money that you will pay for. One of the most noticeable areas is they left off the spare tire. So if you get a flat reach into your wallet and expect to pay for a tow. The other areas that we have found is that the defective door latch that will keep you from getting in the car is still a problem since the first focus. Also there is no seal on the break cable so it will sound like an old buggy if you drive on dirt roads. Nice car but I wish I bought a Toyota instead. I would have saved hassle.

Favorite Features

Roomy for a small car Good MPG

Suggested Improvements

Door latch problem. Squeaks too much if you drive on dirt roads No Spare Tire Poor dealer service and Ford Customer Service.

Totally Impressed
By Bigdawg1976

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a 2001 Ford Focus ZX4 and was so impressed, I bought another one. The 01 handled like a slot-car while the 08 handles more like a rear wheel sports' car. The gas mileage in the 08 is quite a bit better than the 01. The fit and finish on both cars were good. Very impressed with SYNC. We have 2 cell phones and SYNC seamlessly works with both. The only thing I would change is the inside door handles on the coupe, which is in an awkward spot. Forget iPods - I have all my tunes in a thumb-drive and I can tell SYNC what to play, how cool is that??

Favorite Features

Sync, handling, styling

Suggested Improvements

Interior door handles, seatback releases on the coupe.

Best Car Ever
By Elizabeth

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for over a year and have had no problems. It is very fun to drive, and like most Ford's, it has a lot of power. Being a coupe there is still a lot of room for passengers and the trunk is huge. Small and easy to get in and out of parking spaces, especially good for college parking. Easy to control and steer. Great design inside and out. This model is much more appealing than the earlier and even later models. Overall a great buy and would not want anything else.

Favorite Features

I love my Sync! It is a must, especially with the no cell phone laws. Artist/song shows on the console and Ipod plug is easy to use. Also reads the artist/song when playing. Leather wrapped steering wheel, rims, and silver siding.

Suggested Improvements

Back speakers were optional. The doors swing out a little wide, so you have to watch out.

Love my Focus!
By Blynn

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have grown up on Fords. My first car was a Chevy-had it for 9 months and switched to my Focus no questions asked. This car feels solid. I can take corners like there is nothing to it. Drives easily. Comfortable on the inside, beautiful outside. This is a car I will drive until the day it dies...then I'll go get a new one. I love this car. I have never felt safer while driving. Never been more comfortable about driving it hard. If you don't have one of these-get one!

Favorite Features

Solid feel. Reliable. Seat hugs you. Fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

improvements: make center console easier to clean-dirt sticks like I have never seen.