2008 Ford Focus Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
2008 Ford Focus: Best Bang for the Buck
By Dave R on 11/15/08 15:49 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Focus S Coupe mainly for the gas mileage, as the price at the pump was over $4/gal at the time. I test drove an automatic first, then a manual, and settled on the 5-speed, as it literally left the automatic for dead at stoplights. What is more, the manual seemed to hunt between its two top gears with an annoying frequency. This is not a problem when you stir your own gears. Having owned mostly European cars, I was pleasantly surprised with the up-high seating position of the Focus. I also like the steering feel, as it lacks the numbness of so many American cars I have driven. Performance is pretty decent for a car of this type, and the engine is well behaved at all speeds.

I'm delighted with this car
By MaineCat on 11/09/08 12:58 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When I bought this car, I was making a 74-mile round trip commute. The car has performed beautifully and more than lived up to its EPA gas mileage estimate. (I got about 40mpg driving mostly back roads and highways, even with my heavy foot.) Sales and service experiences have been great. My only complaint is that the headrests are a little uncomfortable for me; they tend to push my head forward more than is comfortable, hence the 8s in comfort and interior design. This car has been great fun to drive, and I'm glad I chose the Focus over the other models I was considering (Chevy Aveo, Honda Fit, and others in similar class.)

2008 Ford Focus SES (5 Speed)
By Jesse on 11/08/08 00:41 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Nissan lover who turned to Ford! I loved my 200SX SER for many years, but needed to buy a Truck. Throughout the years, I longed for a fuel efficent, sporty, compact 2 door coupe like I once had. Out of the blue, I thought I'd take a chance on a 2007 Focus SE, and enjoyed owning it. When the 2008 Focus came out, I got excited, and I knew I had to "upgrade." The Focus is fun to drive, and it's even better with a manual tranny. I have been very happy with my purchase. I've read a lot of "Car Critics" review of the Focus, and they bash Ford at every angle minus the Sync system. Critics only like Japanese compact vehicles! For the price, you can't beat all the great features Ford offers.

I love my car
By Sam O on 10/02/08 20:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I drive a manual Focus and overall it's a great car. I would pick it over the Cobalt any day. Personally Im used to trucks. Until now thats all I've driven. I switched due to the fuel prices. At first I was kind of scared because I'm not used to being so low to the ground. I was used to being up high in my F-250. Don't get me wrong I love my trucks, but I also love my car. All the air bags make you feel safe. It's a car that can definitely get up and go. Although it's a 4 cylinder it's got some power. Definitely not worried when I'm passing other cars. It seats comfortably and even when you have a full car of 5 adults it doesn't feel like your too squished. Overall I love my Focus. Definitely worth it.

Exceeding max MPG
By Dave on 09/07/08 14:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After being shot down by Massachusetts car dealers, I purchased my Focus SE in Salem NH. As advertised, the car had a mileage range from 29 mpg to 41mpg. Sticker average was 35 mpg. I found that the 5 speed manual transmission outperforms the 4 speed automatic. With 80% highway driving at 2500 RPM, just over 65 MPH, I average 41 mpg, easily. I once had this car performing better in the mileage catergory at 55 MPH. I actually attained 42.6 mpg. This is the reason I purchased the car. I am totally satisfied with it. It's also fun to drive. I wonder if Ford will Offer a 6 speed manual transmission in future models.

Not What I Expected
By Logan on 09/02/08 18:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for a few months for a new car and had been to every dealership I could find and had found a few cars in the 25,000 to 30,000 dollar range. When I found the Focus it had everything I wanted and I only paid 21,000. I've put 18,000 km on and drive it like I stole it. The only thing I would change is a little more pop on the bottom end of the automatic and rear disc brakes

2000 ZX3 vs 2008 S 2 dr
By Wayne Hulsey on 08/30/08 11:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Had to replace my 2000 due to being totaled. Loved the car. To me they ruined it for 2008. No hatchback available. Sort of ugly clunky styling outside and inside is worse. The dash layout is very poor and unfriendly compared to the original. My elbow is sore from wacking the console bin when I shift. No spare tire which is really unaceptable in AZ due to our weather and cell phones don't work in lots of places. The Vista Blue color is nice (best thing on car), but miss my bright Autumn Orange. Ugly hubcaps. Basic sound system is better sounder then 2000. Seat bottom not adjustable like the 2000. Just not happy with car by comparison, can say I wish I'd bought the 2005 ZX3 that they had now.

Thrilled with my choice of vehicle
By Itzmynz2 on 08/20/08 13:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am absolutely thrilled with the purchase of my vehicle. I had test driven many competitors vehicles ( HHR, Cobalt, Cruiser). I was not satisfied with anything until I went to Ford. I purchased a manual specically for the zip and whip. I am a Ford girl and I can not cheat on Ford, so when this stylish 2008 Focus came out (I had a 2000 Focus prior) I had to get one. This vehicle is a replica of my personality (young, always on the go and stylish). If you want a vehicle that is economical, stylish (Metallic Silver), and you can park it in the spots that bigger cars cannot; then purchase a Ford Focus.

Glad I went back to Ford!
By lbluke333 on 08/19/08 18:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just purchased my new Focus in red about 2 weeks ago. I absolutely love it. I use the AC all the time and don't really take it easy on the gas pedal and I still average about 37 mpg driving about 8% highway miles. It's really fun to drive and it looks really sporty which is awesome. I got the 5 speed tranny which is so smooth when shifting. With no extras I walked away paying just over $13,000 with dealer rebates. The only gripe I have so far would have to be that there is no trunk release on the inside and the S model doesn't offer keyless entry. But overall I love the car and don't regret the purchase whatsoever.

Better Than Sentra and Corolla
By Ken on 08/03/08 06:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Focus is much better built than Nissan Sentra and Toyota Corolla. I own a 2007 Sentra and had 2007 Corolla. The Focus is built much more solid and safer without the cheap plastic parts. Gas mpg is at 32 on the electronic odometer. Car handles very good on the curves and open road. I am 6'4" and fit comfortably. Since I have owned all 3 of the top compact cars, the Focus wins hands down in all categories except size. The Sentra fits me a little better.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.