2008 Ford Focus Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Not bad for the price! Focus SES 5 speed
By Jesse on 05/17/09 16:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

First Time Ford/American new Car Buyer! Ford's Fuel economy/reliability record w/ Focus/fun to drive vehicle caught my attention! With the Focus SES, I got a fully loaded car w/ leather seats! Great combination of sytle, electronic gadgets (sync, 6 CD w/ bass box, Sirius, Sunroof,etc.), sport handling/comforable ride, solid car feeling, smooth engine, fuel economy, and it's been a pleasure to drive w/ a manual transmission. Exterior fit and finish could use a little more refinement (the front hood alignment is a little off w/ the body). Overall, not bad for the price. ney. 8+ months later, the Focus is still a thumbs up.

My Ford Focus
By Kathy on 03/26/09 07:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I always owned sports cars then moved into minivans as a soccer mom, the kids are grown mostly so I moved back into a sporty but economical car. Great gas mileage, good pick up speed to jump on the highway, for a smaller car you don't have to drop down on the ground to get in the car. I like the dash illumination, my only negative would be sometimes it picks up a rock and the sound enters the passenger compartment kind of loud.

YOU CAN TOW WITH A FOCUS!!!!
By pythonkiller on 03/08/09 14:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Almost didn't buy my Focus because they couldn't find a tow hitch to fit it, but did at the last minute. I pull a retro-looking hard side trailer filled with my possessions as I move across the country for my work (wildland firefighter). Total weight 1500 lbs and the car pulls great. Only had to downshift a couple times up the passes in CA. Sync is cool! Just hope it doesn't crash like my microsoft laptop, but so far so good. One negative is a weird gap where the trunk meets the rear quarter panel, no leaks but it may be an early assembly glitch. (I got one of the first cars of the line) My baby has been from MN to FL to CA and back to FL in this year alone, all pulling the trailer!!!

Not too shabby
By alisajg on 02/01/09 17:01 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Focus to replace my nightmare VW Beetle. Overall I like it .I'm at 14,000 miles. It does well in all weather. I find the seats to be very comfortable. The seat backs are high, which is great because I'm on the tall side (for a female). The moonroof is nice, but cuts a lot of headroom in the backseat. The back seat is hard to get into with the coupe. SYNC is pretty neat, but hard to use sometimes. The brakes are terrible, and are very underpowered. The headlights are not very bright, and I'm probably going to put in some HIDs. I have beige cloth that I have worked very hard to keep clean, but I should have gotten leather. I get better than estimated MPG. Nice, smooth clutch.

For the price, you gotta look at it.
By Sisao Tresed on 01/25/09 17:54 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My daughter took my Honda Civic to college. She said she had fallen in love with it during the summer and it was no use to try to pry it from her hands. I had rented a few Focuses and always enjoyed their pure simple performance. went over to Ford to look at one. Finances were tight. I ended up buying an SES 2 Dr. with all the bells and whistles. The price put the imports to shame. No, it's not a Beemer or an Audi. But I bought in on my credit card! It was half the price of the cars we had looked at. It goes very well, it can corner, and it can get up and go with that smooth 5-speed. It shines up real well, and even the Pirellis hold their own on tough surfaces. I'm happy!

Still just a nice car 20,000 later
By 50 Something old guy on 01/08/09 18:39 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Still a nice little car after 20,000 miles. Still averaging 30mpg mixed driving. Got as high as 37mpg on along road trip. Still no squeks, no rattles and still a hoot to drive. No service except for oil changes and tire rotations. Maybe the lite truck guys did have something to do with this baby Ford. Looks good, goes great. 180,000 miles more and I'll know if it's been built Ford tough like my Ford trucks.

Great car. Fun. Cheap!
By James C on 12/17/08 17:37 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it used with 3000 kms on it. Black 2door with the dark interior. 5 speed. Fun and nimble in turns. I am planning to add the 2009 2door coupe rear roof spoiler and a 3d carbon body kit to it for looks. Other than that it's an excellent car that is easy to drive and I send anyone I know that is looking at a new car to go look at it and test one! The motor is not a barn burner, but will hold you at 140km/h all day and not think about it! would love to add a 6 speed (overdrive) but hey- it's a $15000 car not a $25000 one. Its handling is not a Lambo but it takes everything I toss at it and I havn't gotten it on 2 wheels yet!

Nice little car for the money!
By Laura from SF on 12/07/08 09:50 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Nearly bought a used Corolla for my daughter after her Accord was totaled (not her fault). I am so glad I checked the newspaper and saw the great rebates Ford was offering, this car cost less that than the Corolla and had so much more to offer in terms of gadgets and safety features. The performance is quite peppy and have not has any issues since purchased. The car is cute and turns a lot of heads, they always ask what it is and are pleasantly surprised to find out it's a Ford. I feel comforatable with my daughter driving back and forth from college with this car. It's got six airbags. I enjoy driving it too, when I get the chance.

Cool Little Package
By J. Stiles on 12/03/08 13:09 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great car. Love to drive it when I can get it away from my wife. Excellent mileage. Good performance for a 2.0 litre. Styling turns heads and gets compliments. The toys inside rock. It's a total 21st century rig. Lots of room for the size of the vehicle. Overall, we love this car.

Cost average with gas versus my Expedition
By Tnerb on 11/18/08 10:52 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So far I'm pleased with the car. I purchased it with the thought that I would cut my fuel consumption for my Expedition. Gas was $4.25 when I bought. I took a trip to Carlsbad caverns and also to the Grand Canyon, my weekend trip was in excess of 1300 miles. My dislike: Radio has an XM button I'm unable to add XM to the radio or any of the Sync options, there is no upgrade other than going to a higher cost on the vehicle. Cruise control: Engineers this is a gas miser add cruise? No spare, yes you save weight, break down in the desert New Mexico see if you walk out. No aftermarket, no cruise, no radio and who knows about a spare. Other than that I like.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.