Used 2008 Ford Focus Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Focus Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Door latch
By Tall

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car for the fuel mileage and looks. Its a fun car to drive and gets around good. I do a lot of driving and now have 160000 miles on it. I'm 6 foot 4 inches tall and still have leg room. The first thing that went wrong was the drivers side door latch. The car was locked and there is only one door with a key. So now I'm locked out of my car. Now the other door latch don't work so until i get it fixed, i pop the truck open and get into my car. If I'm in the car and pass out, heart attack, or stroke you will not be able to open the doors because the door latch wont work from the out side.

gas mileage

Fix the door latch on this car. Its all plastic and is junk. RECALL IT

Not Happy, Got big lemon.
By Andrew

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We've had too many issues with our Focus. We had it in twice because of a faulty stereo. Next was a metallic squeaking noise coming from the rear suspension, supposedly from broken brake cable brackets. The suspension makes a huge racket whenever we go over small bumps. The tires got worn fast, it was way out of alignment when we purchased it. The interior plastic is way too soft. We have scratches all up and down both doors and the passenger-side dash. Our crank pulley BROKE. And currently the car does not idle smoothly, sometimes vibrating heavily. This and all within 33,000 miles. Best of all, it was in numerous times for many of these issues. Will not buy a Ford for a while.

Fuel Economy is good.

Greater reliability mechanically and better parts. More durable plastic on the inside.

MPG
By Roy

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am consistently getting 33-34 mpg. That is back and forth to work (14mi. 1 way) and around town. The lowest I got was pulling a UHaul 5'x 10' trailer to Bismarck, ND. It got 23 mpg with the trailer empty. Loaded I got 27 mpg on the way back with a tail wind. This was all driving at 65-75 MPH!

"Sync" system. Bluetooth cell phone. Steering wheel radio and media controls. Oil filter and drain access.

Larger sun visors. Passenger side seat belt holder(it rattles on the interior if no one is in the seat). Power "up" windows. Better head rests. Trunk unlatch lever in cabin. Gas door unlatch in cabin. Ditch the mood lighting. Better sound insulation. Mud flaps. At least for the front wheels.

Great Little Car
By Donald S. Berland

2008 Ford Focus Coupe S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the 4th Ford small car I have owned. This one purchased brand new, the others used. I can only say it has not disapointed me. It is comfortable and mileage is excellent. The bulk of my driving is on the interstate to work and in summer it averages 36mpg, on long trip it has gotten 41mpg. I would take it on more long trips but there is no cruse control. I then have to use my subaru 2005 STi which has cruse, but is very very uncomfortable, and only gets 25mpg. I plan on keeping the car for 5yrs before trading it but will definately get another focus.

N/A

N/A

I love my Ford Focus!
By DeeDido

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love the color. the moonroof, SYNC, leather seats, alloy wheels, ac, cruise, ipod port, stereo rocks compared to the subaru i got rid of, 5 cup holders, fog lights, the design of the dashboard console is cool, trunk light, automatically dimming rear view mirror. It has a smooth ride. I sounds cool when you start it up. It came with oil changes for life. It looks cool. folding rear seats. All of things make this car better than average for a small car. Oh yeah and 35 mpg!

Of all the things I said above I guess the ipod jack is my favorite.

Folding sideview mirrors, handles for passengers to hold to get in and out, I would have loved to get a hatchback model, the trunk is big,but a hatchback would be better. power seats. Seat settings so when someone gets in the back the seat would automatically go to position.