Used 2008 Ford Focus SES Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Focus Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Not too shabby
By alisajg

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Focus to replace my nightmare VW Beetle. Overall I like it .I'm at 14,000 miles. It does well in all weather. I find the seats to be very comfortable. The seat backs are high, which is great because I'm on the tall side (for a female). The moonroof is nice, but cuts a lot of headroom in the backseat. The back seat is hard to get into with the coupe. SYNC is pretty neat, but hard to use sometimes. The brakes are terrible, and are very underpowered. The headlights are not very bright, and I'm probably going to put in some HIDs. I have beige cloth that I have worked very hard to keep clean, but I should have gotten leather. I get better than estimated MPG. Nice, smooth clutch.

Built-in Sirius, moonroof, "Euro" suspension, MPG, Perelli tires, SYNC makes life easier when it comes to the phone features, but its not user friendly with my iPod.

Better brakes (i.e. 4-wheel disc) and headlights, inside truck release, standard spare tire (was not standard on '08 models), the ambient interior lighting is net but definitely not worth $300

For the price, you gotta look at it.
By Sisao Tresed

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My daughter took my Honda Civic to college. She said she had fallen in love with it during the summer and it was no use to try to pry it from her hands. I had rented a few Focuses and always enjoyed their pure simple performance. went over to Ford to look at one. Finances were tight. I ended up buying an SES 2 Dr. with all the bells and whistles. The price put the imports to shame. No, it's not a Beemer or an Audi. But I bought in on my credit card! It was half the price of the cars we had looked at. It goes very well, it can corner, and it can get up and go with that smooth 5-speed. It shines up real well, and even the Pirellis hold their own on tough surfaces. I'm happy!

Great looks, very peppy, and the family like all of the plug-in gismos. It gets good mileage, and it holds lots of cargo in the trunk. Engine is very quiet and the gearbox is smooth as silk. For the price of this car you simply must give it a look if you are on any kind of budget.

Get rid of those sun visors. I am desperately trying to find aftermarket units. The trunk release is kind of a security thing for me, I have the release on the keys. The AC/heat vents are not very effective in directing air away from or towards you. Light switch is in a funky place. That's all!

Great car. Fun. Cheap!
By James C

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it used with 3000 kms on it. Black 2door with the dark interior. 5 speed. Fun and nimble in turns. I am planning to add the 2009 2door coupe rear roof spoiler and a 3d carbon body kit to it for looks. Other than that it's an excellent car that is easy to drive and I send anyone I know that is looking at a new car to go look at it and test one! The motor is not a barn burner, but will hold you at 140km/h all day and not think about it! would love to add a 6 speed (overdrive) but hey- it's a $15000 car not a $25000 one. Its handling is not a Lambo but it takes everything I toss at it and I havn't gotten it on 2 wheels yet!

SYNC. Hands free is great! The drivers seat is height adjustable too! I am 6'4 and fit with extra room! I recomend looking at the leather befor you buy it. I didn't like it but some do. I think it has a Volvo sport look thing when looking down the front side!

Better display of sat/radio info (better text display!) , Better headlight output. As for the lack of trunk release, If you have remote power trunk and want an inside the car button (doesn't have one)-ask your local dealer to install!

Cool Little Package
By J. Stiles

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great car. Love to drive it when I can get it away from my wife. Excellent mileage. Good performance for a 2.0 litre. Styling turns heads and gets compliments. The toys inside rock. It's a total 21st century rig. Lots of room for the size of the vehicle. Overall, we love this car.

Mileage, driveability, and styling

Minor negatives: Sun visors very flimsy and weak. No inside trunk release. No shoulder belt adjustment.

2008 Ford Focus SES (5 Speed)
By Jesse

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Nissan lover who turned to Ford! I loved my 200SX SER for many years, but needed to buy a Truck. Throughout the years, I longed for a fuel efficent, sporty, compact 2 door coupe like I once had. Out of the blue, I thought I'd take a chance on a 2007 Focus SE, and enjoyed owning it. When the 2008 Focus came out, I got excited, and I knew I had to "upgrade." The Focus is fun to drive, and it's even better with a manual tranny. I have been very happy with my purchase. I've read a lot of "Car Critics" review of the Focus, and they bash Ford at every angle minus the Sync system. Critics only like Japanese compact vehicles! For the price, you can't beat all the great features Ford offers.

Heated leather seats, Sync, Sirius radio, sunroof, safety features, fun driving experience, quiet interior, 6 CD capacity + bass box in the trunk, USB Port, chrome pieces, great gas mileage, sporty look, and I like the Solid car feel. (Japanese compacts are light and airy feeling). American built!

Minor stuff only. More scratch resistant Paint that's not easily scratched, side moldings (I hate parking lot dents), thicker trunk lining.

• SUV